Pile O' Shame
  • You should play Dust: An Elysian Tale as a reward for suffering Super Metroid.
  • Hotline Miami though.  There's no way you won't love it and it's done in 5-6hrs.  It's probably one of the best games of the past decade.
  • The characters and voice acting in Dust start getting annoying way too early. It's the sole reason I never finished it and don't feel like going back.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 254297_632679816751302_682001346_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=55fcc1b79e194149ec2a0a55c78c9e9d&oe=5825436F&__gda__=1478246902_34c2f5cf85d1db078f448fbb1aefb2dc
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • That sums a lot of us up.

I'm determined to use this thread to help though.

Spending more money when you've got unplayed/unfinished games is kinda dumb, especially taking into consideration how games drop in price now.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    i need to update my other thread which was meant to help with this.  I did, for a little.  Must update numbers...
  • Ok after a bit of selling and playing my pile is now:

NES
    Zelda Adventures of Link

GBC - via 3DS
    Zelda Oracle of Seasons

N64
    Excitebike 64
    Doom 64

DS
    Contra 4
    3D Space Tank
    Dark Void Zero
    Mighty Flip Champs

Wii
    Metroid Prime 2
    Punch Out
    Boom Blox
    Resident Evil Zero
    Bit.Trip Beat
    Excitebike
    Gradius Rebirth
    Lost Winds 2
    World of Goo

PS3
    Bionic Commando Rearmed
    Calling All Cars
    Echochrome
    Jak 2
    Jak 3
    Sonic CD
    Sly 2
    Sly 3
    Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3

Wii U
    Captain Toad
    Splatoon
    Yoshi's Woolly World
    Scram Kitty
    Shovel Knight
    NES remix 1&2
    Runbow

3DS
    Bit.Trip.Saga
    Liberation Maiden
    Pullblox

PS4 
    Killzone Shadow Fall - currently playing

I want to pick up Doom, Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank on PS4 but I'm gonna do my best to see some of these off first.

Yoshi's Woolly World done!

Now... what next from my list?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Personal opinion etc etc but Metroid Prime 2, rest of the list looks pretty meh
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Cool, will get on both.

Shovel Knight first though as Metroid is a bit epic.

Any idea how long MP2 is @hylian_elf ? 15 hours?

edit: you know what I'm gonna put Metroid on the back burner purely because I've been enjoying having the Olympics on whilst playing.

So I'm gonna go for games I can play on 3DS or Wii U off screen for now.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    MP2 is 12-15 hours
  • Cheers @regmcfly will get on that after the Olympics.

Hopefully I can tick off a few smaller games before then.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dark Void Zero and Liberation Maiden are both really short. The latter is like 2-3 hours
  • Cool, should get a few done before the closing ceremony with any luck.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Shovel Knight is about 8.5 hours to credits, maybe 7 if your plough through.  You've played an hour or so but I'd suggest starting again.  It's not advice I'd take though, I hate starting anything from scratch.  Also, re-run a couple of early levels to get your gold up/improve your techinque/master the art of secret searching - the one with the breakable restart points is a good one to replay as you can gamble for extra gold if you're confident.  Buy a few health/magic upgrades and you should settle into the groove soon enough.
  • Excitebike 64 is the best thing on that list retro*.  will need to find a pal to play hill climb and football modes with though!

* obviously it's one of only a few of those i've actually played, but clearly if the others were worth playing i'd have done so! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Punch Out on Wii.

Do it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Dark Void Zero and Liberation Maiden are both really short. The latter is like 2-3 hours
    I have that one almost unplayed as well, same goes for Crimson Shroud. Should get them done. The scariest unplayed game on my 3ds is Fire Emblem (the previous one, awakenings?). I loved the demo, but it's too scary to start that one when Monster Hunter is also asking for most of my time.

• Excitebike 64 is the best thing on that list retro*.

It's one of the bigger crimes of my list. I adored the N64 and this should have stood high with Waverace and 1080, but coming out in 2001 it was way into DC and early PS2 days. I bought it with the best intentions but never got around to putting any real time in. I'd probably have a better chance if I got in on VC tbh.

Captain Toad

I should put 'currently playing' next to this as every other Sunday when my nephew comes to visit we put it on for an hour or so. Think we're about half way through with everything 100% so far. Nice game.

davyK wrote:
    Punch Out on Wii.

Do it.

Now this I got very far into. I 'completed it' to become champ and only have a handful of title defences left. A great game, must get back to it.

Cheers for all the suggestions.

I'm gonna go with Shovel Knight and Liberation Maiden next.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    I have that one almost unplayed as well, same goes for Crimson Shroud. Should get them done. The scariest unplayed game on my 3ds is Fire Emblem (the previous one, awakenings?). I loved the demo, but it's too scary to start that one when Monster Hunter is also asking for most of my time.

Crimson Shroud is about 6 hours and has some real lovely stuff to it. Everyone knows about the dice being able to be knocked off the table now, but it's just a fun wee rpg. Awakenings is a good solid 50 hours. I put over 100 into Fates since May, have cleared all three titles and all the DLC. Need a break from it. Monster Hunter is doing that nicely.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Man, the 3DS is probably the best console since the PS2. And yes, I include the 360 in that.

For games, sure, but a region locked portable console? Instant disqualification in terms of form and function, no?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No, because it hasn't affected me
  • It will when you move to Japan.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    No, because it hasn't affected me

Check yo geographical privilege, yo!

But srs, I assumed it might have been an issue for you when game hunting in Japan. Still, glad it's not been a problem.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    When you have a copy of cubic ninja
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tbh there weren't much on 3DS that ain't out here. The only things that frustrated us were phoenix Wright Sherlock Holmes but I'd also need to know Japanese for that, and rhythm tengoku the best which is out next month here anyway
  • Will get a list done if I remember tonight. Although, real life, and a desire to 100% peggle 2 are really getting in the way...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    So restarted Liberation Maiden again, first 2 levels are done, 2nd one 100% purified. Fun game, 3D works really well in the New3DS. 3 more levels to go and probably a bit of score attack to get everything pure.
  • NES
    Zelda Adventures of Link

GBC - via 3DS
    Zelda Oracle of Seasons

N64
    Excitebike 64
    Doom 64

DS
    Contra 4
    3D Space Tank
    Dark Void Zero 
    Mighty Flip Champs

Wii
    Metroid Prime 2
    Punch Out
    Boom Blox 
    Resident Evil Zero
    Bit.Trip Beat
    Excitebike
    Gradius Rebirth
    Lost Winds 2 
    World of Goo 

PS3
    Bionic Commando Rearmed
    Calling All Cars
    Echochrome
    Jak 2 
    Jak 3 
    Sonic CD
    Sly 2 
    Sly 3
    Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3

Wii U
    Captain Toad - currently playing
    Splatoon
    Scram Kitty
    Shovel Knight
    NES remix 1&2
    Runbow

3DS
    Bit.Trip.Saga
    Liberation Maiden
    Pullblox

PS4 
    Killzone Shadow Fall - currently playing

I want to pick up Doom, Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank on PS4 but I'm gonna do my best to see some of these off first.

Sonic CD and Shovel Knight done!

Liberation Maiden next.

Any more suggestions for after that? I'm feeling these short games atm after spending over 25 hours in Woolly World. Helps with the illusion I'm making better progress from the pile.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!