Pile O' Shame
  • Excluding PS4, cut rest to above I say. Even that is a long list and can be cut down even further.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    PS3 Bayonetta Vanquish Dead Space PS2 Okami Shadow of the Collossus DMC DMC3 PS1 The Adventures of Alundra FF4&5 WiiU Bayonetta 2 Super Mario 3D World Rayman Legends Yoshi's Wooly World WiiXenoblade Chronicles Little Kings Story Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 Zelda: Twilight Princess Skies of Arcadia: Legend The Last Story (LE) 3DSZelda: Majora's Mask Mario 3D Land Fire Emblem: Awakening Kid Icarus: Uprising Star Fox 3D Luigi's Mansion 2 DS Dragon Quest IV - Chapters of the Chosen Dragon Quest VI - Realms of Reverie Dragon Quest IX - Sentinels of the Starry Sky Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow
  • Arggghhh page turn
    Argghhhh formatting
  • Life is too short to play one Dragon Quest game when Advance Wars: Dual Strike is available, let alone 3 DQ games.
  • Muzz....sell the fucking lot.

i reckon as soon as you go through picking out the ones you 'really want to play one day' you'll end up keeping half of them.

i seriously think you should just take them all to cex or wherever (might need a big wheel barrow) and ruin the day of the poor person behind the counter...

that's not a pile of shame, it's a shameful pile of wasted money...i reckon you'd have to not buy another game for the next 5 years just to make a dent in that there pile.

so yeah, just get rid of it all.

i say this as someone that would be very unlikely to follow that advice, and could easily have had a similar pile if i'd had a bit more money and a bit less will power (aka if the wife had let me!) :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    PS4 
    MGS5 - Ground Zero
    The Witcher 3
    MGS V - The Phantom Pain
    PS3 
    Resi V 
    Heavy Rain 
    GoW 3 
    PS2 
    Shadow of the Collossus 
    DmC 3
    WiiU 
    Bayonetta 2 
    Super Mario 3D World 
    Yoshi's Wooly World 
    Wii 
    Xenoblade Chronicles 
    Super Mario Galaxy & 2
    3DS 
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 
    Mario 3D Land 
    Fire Emblem: Awakening 
    Pilotwings: Resort
    Luigi's Mansion 2 
    DS 
    Space Invaders Extreme 

I'd say the above are worth playing. Axed the Zelda's simply because there's gonna be a new epic one coming out next year, no point overdosing. Hence also only including one Bayonetta and DMC.

edit: I only included all the Mario's becasue 'you've played a chunk' of them all but if you want to be militant maybe just Galaxy 2 and one from the 3D series, whichever is more convenient Wii U or 3DS.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So um start on xenoblade and we will see you next year to pick a new game
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Also why cut starfox
  • @acemuzzy I'm with @RamSteelwood and @JonB though, you really need to sell most if not all of it. Its only worth picking a select bunch to play if you stop buying new games. If you keep buying your still gonna fall behind. Maybe it is best to just give up on the older consoles and concentrate on your Wii U, PS4 and 3DS games.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Also why cut starfox

Its in swap club so he doesn't own it. 64 3D is worth playing for the same reasons as Pilotwings Resort I guess, short and sweet. If however he's played it on N64 get rid.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Never get rid of Fox.

I'd start straight on the 3DS - the quality of stuff on curated list is so damn high that you'll just be having legit experiences back to back.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Man, the 3DS is probably the best console since the PS2. And yes, I include the 360 in that.
  • Yeah 3DS is superb.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • 360 spanks it if you include XBLA, and GBA > PS2.
  • Wrong on both especially that overrated GBA ;-)
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • 3DS is good.
    GBA was alright. 
    360 was all sorts of awesomeness
  • Now do every system...
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've bought about 20 GBA games over here. It's a pretty cool system.

Still standing by 3DS. More top drawer games than 360, which had more generally good games, but thank god we just have to deal with one Ironfall on 3DS as opposed to 10,000 cover based shooters.
  • Depends on what you wanna play. Judging by the keepers in my games piles, 3DS is severely behind the 360. A lot of the 360 pile is shmups. Plus Halo and lots of other AAA great games. Also vs fighters. Stuff you wouldn't want or play on a handheld. Difficult to directly compare and say which is 'better'. 

360 vs PS3 on the other hand...
  • When I was considering a 3DS I couldn't really see what I'd get for it other than Fire Emblem. I mean, there's bound to be a few things, but nothing obvious that stands out.
  • You have to pretty much be a Nintard, like with most Nintendo consoles, to get the most out of it. And I'm a self-proclaimed Nintard. As is Reg, I think.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I am. Also Halo absolute lol
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Wii U

Zelda Wind Waker
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Bayonetta 1 & 2

3DS

Fire Emblem Fates (both versions)

PC

Dark Souls (1,2 and 3 - part way through 1 and 3)
    Skyrim (got quite far on 360 started again on this)
    Fallout 4
    Elite Dangerous
    Her Story
    Talos Principle
    Dishonoured

PS4

Not including PS+ as I have a shed load.
    Witcher 3
    Mordor
    Resident Evil
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Heavy Rain
    Beyond Two Souls
    Ratchet & Clank
    Bloodborne
    Tomb Raider
    Grim Fandango
  • Just play Bayonettas and some Souls/Bloodborne.

As lists go, that's manageable.
  • Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls should be first to be ditched. Get rid of those Bethesda games too (Skyrim and Fallout).
  • I never played Beyond, but Heavy Rain should be played. Doesn't take too long either, my housemate platinumed it before it was officially released.
  • JonB wrote:
    When I was considering a 3DS I couldn't really see what I'd get for it other than Fire Emblem. I mean, there's bound to be a few things, but nothing obvious that stands out.
    About it really, thought it is brilliant. Pokemon too, though that has diminishing returns. Monster Hunter if that's your bag.

I miss having mine for those, but there's a whole lot of average other than that.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Wii U
    Bayonetta 1 & 2

3DS

Fire Emblem Fates (both versions)

PC
    Her Story
    Talos Principle

PS4

Not including PS+ as I have a shed load.
    Resident Evil
    Heavy Rain
    Tomb Raider

Were I choosing for you that'd be my list.
  • No Dark Souls or Bloodborne is lol
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    My plan is to buy as little as possible between now and 2017 (I've ordered NMS but that has no gameplay so I'm safe) play all the smaller, quicker games before getting back into the more time consuming stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!