Current Affairs
  • Thats why you don't end lockdown early.
  • I dont have an issue personally as long as its ended by May 1st for example. Get the vulnerable, front line workers and teachers vaccinated etc by then, if possible.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm not going out for at least 2 months after lockdown ends.  Fuck that.

Might go round the in-laws for beers and bbq but the general public?  No thanks.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Too many anti-vaxxers still around.

We know one such family.  Told them not to come round ours without having been vaccinated once lockdown fully ends.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Too many anti-vaxxers still around. We know one such family.

I really don't get these people.
  • Subbax wrote:
    I'm not going out for at least 2 months after lockdown ends.  Fuck that.

Might go round the in-laws for beers and bbq but the general public?  No thanks.

If you've had your double vaccine shot then you should be ok.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    That's true but I'm not going to risk anything until I have to.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • I remember some quite serious disagreements on here about the White Helmet lot. Just read this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-56126016

Yes, BBC. But it's still quite convincing and chimes with others things I've read about the WH org and Mayday Rescue. What was the real evidence that the WH were insurgent Jihadists and JlM was a western spy stooge / agent provocateur / not just someone trying their best to help people?
  • I'll defo read that. 

I was certainly one coming in asking questions as I was legit curious and seeing different sources who I've read saying different things.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Too many anti-vaxxers still around. We know one such family.
    I really don't get these people.

I do. My Mum works with the Muslim community in Bradford and the distrust of a seemingly endless succession of racist goverments combined with the dereliction of Northern towns and the associated poverty that brings means that marginalisation equates to barely living in the same country some of us do. Most are coming around but it's really only because they are listening to the Mosque, some of the young 'uns or family members working in the NHS. It's not just BAME communities, you can see similar distrust in white care home workers. The only common thread is being poor but it's not exclusive. There are non-poor too but they are the least part of the anti-vax lot by some margin.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Funkstain wrote:
    I remember some quite serious disagreements on here about the White Helmet lot. Just read this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-56126016 Yes, BBC. But it's still quite convincing and chimes with others things I've read about the WH org and Mayday Rescue. What was the real evidence that the WH were insurgent Jihadists and JlM was a western spy stooge / agent provocateur / not just someone trying their best to help people?

Absolutely cracking read.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The Irish Times with one hell of a lede.

Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/harry-and-meghan-the-union-of-two-great-houses-the-windsors-and-the-celebrities-is-complete-1.4504502
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    And Morgan’s gone from Good Morning Whatever-the-fuck-it-was.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So some good has come from all of this then.
  • Just in time to go join News GB with Farage and no doubt a whole roster of other ridiculous racist bullies.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I really hope that channel sinks but I’ve got the feeling they are going to have a big enough audience.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’ll be tricky for them. Despite everything, the BBC absolutely dominates the news market in the U.K. It’s not easy for anyone else to get a foothold. Pretty much the only serious contender was Sky, and that hardly set the world alight.
  • Morgan will sign up to one of the two new right-wing news channels that are setting up. He’ll get a fucking huge signing cheque for doing so. It doesn’t really matter whether it’s then successful or not, from his point of view he’s a bigger brand than the channel.
  • The choir will tune in to be preached to but I dont think the channel would have the reach to convert anyone.
    If it pens in the lunatics to one place in the far reaches of the SKY planner then it could be a good thing.
  • I’ve always been of the opinion that Morgan isn’t actually right wing at all, rather a contrarian to whatever point he’s currently involved in discussing, interviewing or shouting at?  Pretty sure he’s fairly cunty to both sides as long as he thinks he’s coming off as being the Voice of the People or some such.
  • Despite being the second biggest news channel, I'm fairly sure that Sky isn't in the top 3 news sources for British people. Was BBC, ITV and then Facebook I think.
  • Just seen Morgan storming off GMB.
    It did feel rather staged/forced. I reckon the weatherman is genuine but Morgan has engineered an out for whatever reason, most likely a contract at said new channel.

Him quitting GMB a couple of days after Farage steps down from politics. Something is up.
  • DM headline

‘Piers Morgan quits GMB: cancel culture claims morning TV star’

Imagine just assuming your audience are too stupid to notice the contradiction.

• I reckon it’s complete fakery. I’ve never heard of this Alex chap and he comes running down to the ring out of nowhere with a chair to smash the heel champion Piers Morgan. Please.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol is that genuine? Ridic
  • I’ve always been of the opinion that Morgan isn’t actually right wing at all, rather a contrarian to whatever point he’s currently involved in discussing, interviewing or shouting at?  Pretty sure he’s fairly cunty to both sides as long as he thinks he’s coming off as being the Voice of the People or some such.

Yeah, I think this is more on the nail. Remember his wonderful segment with Alex Jones? He has also had issues with everyones fav, Ben Shapiro. 

I guess he is right wing in the UK but was seen as more leftist in the states.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don’t think Morgan’s gone because of the storming off, but rather because of the 40K complaints and OFCOM investigation he generated yesterday when he stated that he didn’t believe that Markle was suffering from mental health problems.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Warhammer fans would agree.
  • Ian Hislop told an amusing story on one of the Private Eye podcasts about how Morgan, while editor of whatever shitrag he ran, spent shitloads on getting staff to dig for dirt on Hislop (including raking through his bins) so that he could get payback for stuff Private Eye had published.  He found nothing because, as Hislop explained, his personal life is very boring.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!