Metroid General Thread - The Queen of Video Land
  • More at E3 I imagine. They only announced a title... hopefully footage will get shown.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • This makes me happy
    tumblr_p8iiy3AoCw1ud0wbvo1_1280.jpg
  • Finished Fusion on the SP and preferred it to last week's run on the emulator.

Felt as great as it used to.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Stop posting about it! My carts are at my mom's place so I won't get them for a while, need to run through them again at some point. Never finished them, got stuck in Fusion where Dark Samus chases you, and gave up on Zero right before the end.
    Spoiler:

Did you get the SP with the best screen? Apparently there are two versions of the screen, later models have the better one.
  • He he

AFAIK, the good screen were limited supply in the UK, not many people have them.

So I got the crap screen.  But, having seen how garish Fusion and Zero (in particular) look on a proper screen, I suspect I'd prefer the crap screen GBA better than the backlit.
  • The Metroidathon is almost coming to an end.  I've now completed Super and Zero again.  That's Super and Zero twice each on emulator, and Fusion on emulator and SP, over the last 2.5 weeks.

Super wasn't quite as great as the first time.  It's exceptional until the Wrecked Ship when it dips a small amount.  Then Maridia is a pain.  I'd killed the boss and still had half the map to explore.  Ridley area is ok, as is Tourian.

Zero felt a little better at the start this time but I got bored about half way.  It's just as linear as Fusion but it has back-tracking to flesh it out.  It just doesn't have any soul or atmosphere.  And the final section truly sucks.

At the moment Super is at the top.  However, Fusion felt excellent on the SP and I've played it many times.  I can see me considering it the equal of Super once I've played Super as many times. 

AM2R to finish off now.

Then I might move onto the Primes.  They are good but I prefer the 2d games.
  • I finished Samus Returns last night.

Just shy of 12 hours with 71%. Will probably do a mop up and see how close I can get to 100%.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Are you a hoarder, or looking to offload once you're done?
  • I got it on the eshop mate.

Just gave it a quick half hour, up to 80%. Got a feeling I'm gonna get depressingly close to 100% and have no idea where the last few items are.

I really enjoyed it overall, probably around my 3rd or 4th favourite of the lot.

Behind the obvious Super/Prime highlights, in the second bracket fighting it out with Zero and Prime 3.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • So, just done another hour.

Went through every area again, going to the parts of the map previously unreachable due to the lack of necessary weapons.

Everywhere is now that explored blue shade and I've finished on... 89%

I would be tempted to use a guide to find what I've missed if you could easily filter what you've found. Fuck checking everything just for the sake of elimination though.

Oh well, 89% ain't too bad.

Great game overall, low point was probably the repetitive mini bosses, bit of a shame as the unique battles are pretty sweet, there's just not enough of them.

Well worth playing for Metroid fans with a 3DS.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • AM2R

Just finished this and thought it was pretty special.  It's a fan made remake of Metroid 2 but with a lot more content, extra areas along with the normal metroids plus boss fights.  The Tester is a real highlight (once I'd worked out what to do).

It uses the mobility and improvements from Zero Mission and Fusion resulting in really fast movement and the ability to travel around the map quickly.  It's similar to Zero Mission in its linearity but without all the annoying narrow tunnels and backtracking of that game.  It feels a bit closer to Super in that the screens are wide and open, but it isn't as linear.

Challenge wise it's about on a par with Fusion, and quite a lot harder than Zero Mission and Super.

It looks fantastic (see screenshots below) and the real joy is from the responsive controls and speed that everything moves.

It's easily as good as a decent indie game on Steam, and it feels like a proper Metroid game.

I spent 7hrs and got 72% collection.

Soon after it was released, Nintendo ordered it to be taken down as they were developing Samus Returns.  It was at version 1.1 at that time but fans have decompiled to executable and fixed things, and added stuff over time.  It's currently at v1.3.3.

If anyone wants it and doesn't want to go through the hassle of finding 1.1. and then patching to 1.3.3, I can probably upload to the BnB dropbox.

Decent Power Bomb

tumblr_p8ua3hEGaG1ud0wbvo1_1280.png
    > tumblr_p8ua3hEGaG1ud0wbvo2_1280.png

Gorgeous backdrop and screw attack (in particular)

tumblr_p8ua3hEGaG1ud0wbvo3_1280.png  tumblr_p8ua3hEGaG1ud0wbvo5_1280.png

Lovely Metroids

tumblr_p8ua3hEGaG1ud0wbvo4_1280.png
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Forgot all about that, think I'm gonna get on it.
  • Aye, am2r is fantastic.
    Whoever coded this (Dr.M64?) truly has a gem in his/her portfolio. Would be worthy of a Nintendo seal of quality.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Oops, wrong post.
  • Just completed, I’m guessing?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yes, moved it to the right thread.
    Let's stay focused on metroid here ;)
  • Nice. Will get on it.
  • Yeah the Zelda series they did was very decent.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Come home from work and thought it might be actual MP4 gameplay
  • There'd be more than 3 posts lad
  • Tempy wrote:
    There'd be more than 3 posts lad

I dunno
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Your entitled to your opinion mate.

Idiotic but still entitled.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
  • Tempy wrote:
    Your entitled to your opinion mate.

Idiotic but still entitled.
    Hahahahahaha

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Well you are wrong it is the best franchise
  • オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Nintendo has issued an official statement updating fans on the progress of Metroid Prime 4. Sadly, development of the game has been entirely restarted.

The message comes from Shinya Takahashi, Senior Managing Executive Officer at Nintendo. In the video above, Takahashi thanks fans for their continued excitement and support, before stating that "the current development progress has not reached the standard we seek in a sequel to the Metroid Prime series".

It's a refreshingly open and honest update, and one that, while incredibly saddening for fans of the game, should hopefully provide reassurance that Nintendo wants this upcoming title to be of the highest quality.

As such, development has been restructured entirely, and its producer Kensuke Tanabe will now work alongside Retro Studios, the team that developed the original Metroid Prime series.

Naturally, this means it will be quite some time before we hear anything new about the game; Takahashi apologies for this again, ending the video by promising that the game "will stand shoulder to shoulder with the past Metroid Prime series titles".

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/01/metroid_prime_4_development_scrapped_will_be_restarted_alongside_retro_studios
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Hopefully this is the start of a Resi 4 style rise from the ashes. Like Shigeru Myamoto says, a bad game is forever bad...
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • How it ends up more Prime 1 than Prime 3
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!