Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • I'm gonna have to see if I can find time to take the bairn to see this.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • The music is tops blooby too. The Prowler theme is immense but the bit when Biggie kicks in is probably the pinnacle. Or maybe the Post Malone sing along. I dunno, it's all good, I need a rewatch.

Indeed. Contemplating buying both the sound tracks.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm gonna have to see if I can find time to take the bairn to see this.

I contemplated taking mine as he bloody loves LEGO DC/Marvel at the moment but was glad I didn't in the end (He's only 3 1/2).

The animation and style was fabulous.. best animated movie I think I've ever seen.

The way the story was told though was just so clever. Loved the humour and  I particularly liked older
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • djchump wrote:
    Dat end credits.

didn't stay for that, what happens?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Oh and how freaking cool was the Endgame Trailer? Seriously psyched for that.

Oh and Spider-Man: Far From Home.. how does that fit in with him being friendly and neighbourhoody?

Sometimes I wish I was a comic geek.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If you're following all this tangle of Marvel films then you pretty much are a comic geek.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Lol at nerds in this thread calling out nerds.

I was congratulating Shabby on a level of nerding to which I aspire.

I'm glad I can inspire.

I saw Aquaman. Oh lordy. Firstly I'll say that there is some crazy shit going on at points and it should be lauded for putting things on screens that haven't been seem before.
    The rest though... Yikes. What a fucking mess. An absolute mess. The story is a mess. The music is somehow more of a mess. The pacing is a mess. The effects are a mess. The writing is woeful in parts.

I really think that DC just don't know how to make a film. James Wan certainly knows how to make a film. Is it the producers that can't guide their content into anything that could be considered a workable film?

Like all of their output, their attempts at characterisation are just lazy. They don't seem to want to put in the effort to earn the moments they wish to have.

Even if Marvel weren't making consistently enjoyable and competent films, showing what can be done with a superhero movie, these DC films would be considered sub par.

The best bit is the horror bit. That was good.

• Bob wrote:
    Dat end credits.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • So sequel? Or just post-credit scene cos it's the done thing?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Oh and how come 60s Spider-Man can get away with NYPD but into the Spider-Verse called it PDNY?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Because it's
    Spoiler:
  • Bob wrote:
    Dat end credits.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Had me grinning from ear to ear - fucking amazing way to cap it off and leave the cinema laughing.
    Spoiler:
  • Because it's
    Spoiler:

So Our 
    Spoiler:

Is PS4 spidey supposed to be alternate too? I just assumed taht was licencing as I saw Sony getting their own branding in .
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I caught a tip-off for the post-credits sequence during the credits themselves and was quite confused for a while.
  • PS4 Spider-Man is alternate yes. Spider-Man of Earth-1048 for those that are interested.
  • Bob wrote:
    Because it's
    Spoiler:

So Our 
    Spoiler:

Depending how you look at it
    Spoiler:

• Ah.. well that makes me love him even more. So cool.

The escape sequence and the train sequence soon after he arrives where both utterly fantastic.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    To intercept even more comic book wankchuff shite, just watched Piercing, an adaption of one of my favourite novels by Murakami. Its also directed by Pesce, who did the criminally underrated The Eyes of My Mother.

It follows the book fairly well, and the two leads give great performances (Wasikowska especially) but it just lacked something to push it into something special. Well worth a watch though.
  • but it just lacked something to push it into something special.

Spandex probably.
  • Now that everyone’s talking about spider verse: wouldn’t it be awesome if MCU spiderverse made it into the next one? Even for five mins?
  • But Sony?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I am extremely excited about John wick 3
  • Loved Stan & Ollie.  Great performances.
  • Paul Schrader's First Reformed, one of the films I was keenest to see last year but missed. Really excellent. Beautiful, miserable, gruelling. Ethan Hawke is great, and Schrader has quite the career eh? Like Kermode said this would make a pretty excellent double bill with Scorcese's Silence.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Silence is pap, First Reformed is a fucking belter with the best ending.
  • Silence is Scorsese's second best mate i'll fuckin' do you

swear on me mum
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    its slow fucking nonsense with nothing redeeming it apart from boredom if you like that

subtext my arse
  • I dunno about subtext, it's just a film about a priest having his faith stripped from him. I guess enjoying the history it references is a big reason I like it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!