Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • I reckon Senna and TT: Closer To The Edge are the two best motorsport documentaries I’ve ever seen. Both brilliant, both completely different.
  • FWIW i think it’s way more palatable when all the superhero stuff goes in the relevant thread, and I enjoy most of them too.
  • monkey wrote:
    Jaco wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    There's also a Star Wars thread for trailers and shite so I can be right in there as well.
    That depends. Did you enjoy TLJ?
    Read the thread. Read all of it as punishment for being wrong about a film.

Don't make me destroy you.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • poprock wrote:
    I reckon Senna and TT: Closer To The Edge are the two best motorsport documentaries I’ve ever seen. Both brilliant, both completely different.

Unfortunately close to the edge is responsible for guy
    Martin

The Forum Herald™
  • poprock wrote:
    I reckon Senna and TT: Closer To The Edge are the two best motorsport documentaries I’ve ever seen. Both brilliant, both completely different.

YES.

Brilliant for different reasons too – the way TT suddenly veers off to focus on Guy is great. And the general construction of Senna, just relying on stock footage and commentary from the time, is fantastic. Both really do give a great impression of the central figures.

EDIT: Oh no, Bob. Just when I was beginning to think you occasionally made sense :-(
  • Guys a prize plum who never actually won the tt
    The Forum Herald™
  • poprock wrote:
    I know there’s a documentaries thread but nobody reads that, so … The really, really great Ayrton Senna biopic, Senna is now on Netflix in the UK – it arrived today. (It might have been on there before, I dunno.) If you have even a passing interest in F1 or cars in general, I recommend it. Great film.
    Also worth mentioned that even if you're not remotely into cars or motorsport (like me) this is still a great doc.
  • Scout wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    I know there’s a documentaries thread but nobody reads that, so … The really, really great Ayrton Senna biopic, Senna is now on Netflix in the UK – it arrived today. (It might have been on there before, I dunno.) If you have even a passing interest in F1 or cars in general, I recommend it. Great film.
    Also worth mentioning that even if you're not remotely into cars or motorsport (like me) this is still a great doc.
  • EDIT: @bob

He's a top lad. A proper grafter, a fascinating character, very watchable and properly brave. Would love to see you do even a tenth of what he's done – TT rider, numerous world record holder...
  • Lol well obvs I’m not claiming to be any good at motor sport but it doesn’t make him a winner
    The Forum Herald™
  • We’re talking about movies and Bob’s being wrong about something. Normal service in this thread is resumed.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Jaco wrote:
    You guys do realise we're now off topic, yeah? Oh the irony.

I view topics more as suggestions than rules. I’d rather have the conversations that arise naturally in the place they arise then choke 90% of them off by demanding they move to another thread.

Sorry if that annoys.
  • Jaco wrote:
    I'm no superhero geek (I haven't seen many of the DC / Marvel flicks), but I really don't care if folk want to talk about them. If they enjoy it, more power to them. In any thread, there are times when whole pages are taken up with discussion I'm not interested it. I just ignore it and dive into another thread. I'll dip back in when the conversation swings back to matters I'm interested in. You can't dictate what people should and shouldn't discuss. If it's on-topic, it's fine. IMO etc. *shrugs*
    "I'm not annoyed by this thing so it's perfectly fine."
    "This thing annoys me so I demand everyone kowtow to my will."
    By asking people to post about something in the designated thread. Man, I'm such a dictator. 

Also, no need to bring Kow into this.
    iirc it was why a superhero thread was made in the first place.
    Which I said at the time was bollocks. I've no interest in most of the films DS posts about, but I'm not calling for them to be sectioned off.
    Because this is exactly the same thing.

Anyway, I guess things have moved on. I'll be quiet now.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Jaco wrote:
    You guys do realise we're now off topic, yeah? Oh the irony.
    I view topics more as suggestions than rules. I’d rather have the conversations that arise naturally in the place they arise then choke 90% of them off by demanding they move to another thread. Sorry if that annoys.

I agree with you, you duffer.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    What's the best kebab you've ever had lads?
  • Trick question, all kebabs are terrible.
  • Sheesh.
  • Can someone recommend a film on Amazon Prime I can watch this afternoon?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I watched The Commuter on there recently. It’s a decent basic thriller. Nowt special, but good enough to pass a couple of hours.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What's the best kebab you've ever had lads?

The one from Donorhaus during Regstock. This was also the only kebab I’ve ever had.
  • Bob wrote:
    Can someone recommend a film on Amazon Prime I can watch this afternoon?

Manchester By The Sea. The Big Sick. The Deer Hunter. Pan's Labyrinth. Searching For Sugarman (HIGHLY recommended if you haven't seen it already). Room. Contact.

That lot should keep you going.

EDIT: Thanks, djchump. At least someone noticed ;-)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    On the back of the superhero film scandal, I wish there was a way to ignore/sink threads that you have no interest in on here, so the cream has a better chance of rising to the top.
  • On the back of the superhero film scandal, I wish there was a way to ignore/sink threads that you have no interest in on here, so the cream has a better chance of rising to the top.

That would be cool actually. Similar to the "ignore user" list, which is very helpful.

You could always just 'favourite' the threads you visit most often – then they appear in a seperate list on the right of the screen.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    White girls
    Took 4 or 5 looks at that before i realised you didn't mean White Chicks.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not on mobile, and you can only favorite so many.
  • Jaco wrote:
    You could always just 'favourite' the threads you visit most often – then they appear in a seperate list on the right of the screen.

Really? Huh.

maxresdefault.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!