DOOM - Hurt me plenty!
  • Tempy wrote:
    This what you posted just there
    youtube][url=https://www.youtube . com/watch?v=k9OmOjxHDA4]k9OmOjxHDA4[/url][/youtube]

I definitely didn't post that in my first attempt, I just did the ending k9OmOjxHDA4 inside tags, I don't know why it's adding stuff.
  • Just gonna go back to this. For some reason it's pasting the full URL at times even when I've cut it down.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Do you use the buttons, or just add the tags yourself?? Because it fucked it in the exact same order as the earlier one. Url tag inside video tag, video id repeated inside video tag
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I just type them in normally. Anyway, first world problems etc.
  • Found this interesting over the weekend:

• Come with g if you want to live...
  • Woooooo! Looks good. I’ll pick it up in the future.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-29-doom-eternals-the-ancient-gods-part-one-dlc-will-be-available-as-a-standalone-game

Doom Eternal's The Ancient Gods, Part One DLC will be available as a standalone game
    "You don't even need to own Doom Eternal to buy the DLC and play it."
  • Paging @nick_md
    What if Doom was a musical rhythm action game...

Looks like crazygoodfun.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah, there’s a few rhythm action shooters that have turned up recently, it’s weird. Not complaining - many of them look really fun, just strange that I saw 2/3 within the space of a couple of months and they all seem deep in dev, so don’t think it’s a case of bandwagon hopping.
  • Just picked this up from Smyths for £14.99 new
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Just picked this up from Smyths for £14.99 new

Not got Gamepass?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • No, got a ps4. This will be the 2nd release of this year i will play.
  • Finally started this, got to the 2nd planet and its all abit meh. The first Doom was fantastic. So far this has been so so with some dodgy platforming bits. I presume it will get better?
  • Tends to be a bit marmite, people either prefer it or 2016. For my money the combat in this ends up being far, far better than anything in 2016, but 2016 is a more straightforward FPS.
  • 2016 for the old fashioned modern gamers and Eternal for the galaxy brains.
  • I can’t even remember how 2016 played, just that I loved it. So Eternal for me, as that’s still fresh in my mind.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Started playing this but not sure if I like it. Think I preferred the feel of 2016 better. I think I'm not actually a fan of really tight and intense gameplay loops, I tend to have more fun with looser gameplay that allows me more chill time to think tactically. Not that keen on the more arcadey overall style too, 2016 was a better balance between a convincing mad sci fi world and practical game tropes.

I've barely played it though, so I'll be coming back every so often to see if it grabs me.
  • Doom was 27 years old yesterday, still the best FPS ever.

https://twitter.com/romero/status/1336997879106428928
  • Would accept Blood as an alternative answer tho.
  • I like the purer gameplay of the 2016 release. So far this feels abit overwhelming with mods on weapons and lots of extra abilities that i forget about in the heat of battle. I think the setting as well isnt as good as the 2016 Mars colony?

I will keep at it, maybe it will eventually hook me. Its a shame that so few people played BulletStorm which is probably the best FPS i have ever played for chaining attacks (and a hidden gem of this and previous generation of games). Doom 2016 and Eternal does something similar in that you need to get the enemies into a stunned state to chainsaw/punch them to death. Get the health/armour/ammo loot and rinse and repeat. Doom 2016 approach to this felt alot more fluid and i was chaining enemies one after another like a rhythm action game.

I do enjoy the shotgun with the stick cartridge mod. Always fun that.
  • Played and loved Bulletstorm, yep.

Eternal is far more technical and challenging overall than 2016. By the end you’ll be swapping runes and mods, trying to find the most efficient setup as you use everything in your arsenal to take on combat challenges that are tailor made to have you sweating.

I had a chat with one of the old PC gamer editors recently about the whole 2016/Eternal standoff that seems to dominate mentions of either, and we agreed that putting them against each other is vaguely pointless - they both aim for and excel at different things, and in doing so trying to decide which is better feels redundant.

2016 is a straightforward power fantasy old school FPS. Largely slavish to its roots with a few gameplay additions. Eternal is like a high budget custom WAD, refined for the people who wanted less of the old school and more of the additions. They’re both great, but I don’t think preferring one over the other is as simple as one being better than the other. They’re both made for different types of players really, which can perhaps be boiled down to the fact that there is no way in Eternal to slam micro missiles at everything, because of the way ammo generation works: two different design intentions.
  • Hopefully i will get time on the PS4 tonight. Gonna try to drop the 2016 approach and try to embrace the change in gameplay and see how i get on with it.
  • Finished Eternal again, this time on Ultraviolence and it's reminded me that there's no way it won't be in my game of the year list. It's odd how divisive it is, but I can understand why people looking for a power fantasy are put off. Ammo is so scarce, and cooldowns massively affect your ability to gain health, ammo and armour whilst you're playing. But that just means that whenever I managed to get past a tricky encounter, it was through sheer reflex and skill - popping weakspots with precision heavy cannon shots, burning a demon before gibbing it for an explosion of armour, dashing away from huge enemies before freezing a group and blowing them to kingdom come - everything plays at 100mph and never lets up, and it's pure bliss. One of the few games that makes me feel like a god damn hero.
  • DOOM Zero has been released as a free add on to the current gen DOOMII release as a 25th anniversary celebration.

Has 32 new Levels.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Bethesda can go do one the fecking cunts. Why do i need to sign into bethesda.net to play doom on my ps4. Go fuck yourself. A quick google and i have to disable my ps4 network connection to go straight into the game. What a bunch of cunts.
  • Fuck this stupid shit game and its dumb fucking jumping over lava platforms bullshit. What fucking stupid cunt designed such shit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The platforming is well simple and easy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!