Bear & Badger Recommends
  • mk64 wrote:
    SNES:
    1) SMW & Mario Allstars (its on a single cart so surely counts?)
    2) Saturday Nights Slam Masters
    3) Super Street Fighter 2 (alpha has that annoying delay)
    4) Super Mario Kart
    5) Secret of Mana
    6) Shadowrun
    7) World Cup Striker
    8)8) Top Gear
    9) Super High Impact
    10) Axelay

Solid left field choices again from mk!

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Gamecube:

1- Resident Evil 4
    2- LOZ: Twilight Princess
    3- SSB:Melee
    4- LOZ: Wind Waker
    5- F-Zero GX
    6- THPS4
    7- Timesplitters 2
    8- SSX Tricky
    9- Rogue Squadron 2
    10- MGS: Twin Snakes

Never played Sunshine, which is a crime looking back now!

N64:
    1- Ocarina of Time (still the best game ever made...)
    2- Super Smash Brothers
    3- Mario Kart 64
    4- WWF No Mercy
    5- F-Zero X
    6- Vigilante 8 (believe it or not, this is the game that convinced me to buy a console)
    7- Mario Tennis
    8- THPS 2
    9- Goldeneye
    10 - Jet Force Gemini

Wish someone had introduced me to ISS back in the day, or Mario 64, or Paper Mario, or Banjo-Kazooie for that matter... :(
  • Saturn:

1) Nights
    2) Panzer Dragoon
    3) Fighting Vipers
    4) Streetfighter Alpha 2
    5) Alone in the Dark, Jack is Back
    6) Die Hard Arcade
    7) Virtua Cop
    8) Rayman
    9) Virtua Fighter

Best Worst Games
    1) Psychic Detective (PS1)
    2) The Fifth Element (PS1)
    3) Excalibur (PS1)
    4) Streetfighter The Movie (Saturn)
    5) 
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

More PS1 Classics
    1) G Police
    2) Alien Trilogy
    3) Tenchu
    4) Medievil
    5) Tekken
    6) Overboard
    7) Kurushi
    8) Street Fighter Alpha 3
    9) Legacy of Kain
    10) Bust a Groove

11) Dead or Alive
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • ffs
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    See, you go away for a week, and look what we do
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Dreamcast:
    1. Powerstone
    2. Virtua Tennis 2
    3. Le Mans 24Hrs
    4. Ikaruga
    5. Soul Calibur
    6. Crazy Taxi
    7. Samba De Amigo
    8. International Track & Field
    9. Street Fighter 3rd Strike
    10. Garou: Mark of the Wolves

I found this really hard as the DC era was a spesh time for me. Had so much fun in my student house playing multiplayer on so many of these games that great games like Shenmue 1 or 2, Metropolis Street Racer, Ferrari 355, Sonic Adventure, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Bangai-O and Jet Set Radio Street (which would have been No. 11) all miss out.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • N64
    1) ISS2000
    2) Mario 64
    3) Goldeneye
    4) Ocarina of Time
    5) MK64
    6) Aidyn Chronicles@ The First Mage
    7) Banjo-Kazooie
    8) Wave Race
    9) Blast Corps
    10) Buck Bumble

Surprised myself that Yoshi's Story didn't make it.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Master System.

1. Castle of Illusion
    2. Wonderboy in Monsterland
    3. The Ninja
    4. Alex Kidd in Miracle World
    5. Asterix
    6. Psycho Fox
    7. Wonderboy III: The Dragon's Trap
    8. Ghouls n Ghosts (was a big fan of the slightly altered Master System version)
    9. Sonic The Hedgehog
    10. Ninja Gaiden

Apologies to Donald Duck.
  • Megadrive
    1. Gunstar Heroes (My all time favourite game. Great entry point shooter, with fantastic shooting mechanics and quirky boss battles)
    2. Micro Machines 96 Turbo Tournament (Still one of the best multi player games ever)
    3. Streets of Rage 2 (My neighbour and I spent years playing this one. I still play it now. The best scrolling beat em up bar none.)
    4. Eternal Champions (I still play this. Great back story esp. for a fighter, fantastic graphical style and interesting characters. Although the 1P is hard as nails, 2p is a hoot, I love it. Mega CD sequel is probably more playable but loses the brilliant music.
    5. Robocop Vs Terminator (Massive sprites, gory and hard as nails. Loved this as a kid)
    6. Road Rash 2 (Best racing game on the Megadrive)
    7. Sonic 3 (My favourite Sonic game)
    8. Aladdin (Fantasic animation and graphics, better than the SNES version and I could complete it!)
    9. Megalomania (Very playable and accessible god sim that plays out through out history)
    10. Haunting Innovative, funny a bit limited but great mechanics. I never owned this I was a serial renter!
  • Great list. If you enjoyed Robocop Vs Terminator without save states you'll be prepared for Batman & Robin with them. Two games on that list were completely different (yet not as good) on the SNES. Loool.
  • 1. Skittles
    2. Jelly Tots (phone just corrected that to Kelly Tits)
    3. Tutti Fruttis
    4. Fruit Pastilles
    5. Cola Bottles
    6. Jelly Babies
    7. Yellow back gummy snakes
    8. Wine gums
    9. Sports mix
    10. Fried eggs
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Megadrive

Micro Machines 96 Definitive version. Loads of tracks and modes. 4 players via J cart and track editor

Subterrania Excellent gravity shooter. Detailed graphics, great physics and puzzly levels. Short but sweet.

Quackshot Lovely Disney platformer. The plunger gun could have been put to better use maybe but this is top drawer.

Vectorman Technical wizardry here. Really slick run n gun/platformers with lovely presentation.

Toki It's really tough, and really old school, and looks a bit dull - but this is a rock solid port of the arcade game with remixed levels.

Thunderforce IV Top notch hori-shooter. Has lovely parallax scrolling and an enjoyable weapon set.

Sonic 1 I think the series has always chased the pure platforming of the first one.

Desert Strike The MD's muddy pallet and tinny sound suits this game down to the ground. Best version.

Gunstar Heroes Legendary run n gun. Treasure busts the MD's limits with this. Plenty of variety and an interesting weapon fusion system.

Space Invaders '91 Exclusive to the MD. Massive update with hidden bonuses , tons of levels and powerups.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Megadrive Micro Machines 96 Definitive version. Loads of tracks and modes. 4 players via J cart and track editor

Wasn't it actually eight players as you could share the pad, or am I thinking of something else entirely?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Dreamcast

Daytona 2001 Epic, gorgeous, sparkly Sega blue sky racing. Extra tracks on the DC version.

Cosmic Smash Pure Sega arcade genius with beautiful styling. Basically it is 3D Breakout but it's a real hardcore score attack game with alternative paths for replay.

Typing of the Dead More Sega genius. This shouldn't work but it does. Really clever and competitive 2 player versus mode. Even features a "proper" typing tutorial that expands the surreal universe further.

Bangai O Teeny Tiny graphics and dozens of missiles in a this lovely mazy/STG hybrid.

Virtua Tennis 1 or 2 Best version of best sport suited to video games. Four player mode is pure arcade fun.

Gunbird 2 Straight up vertical STG with loads of replay due to the genuinely different characters to choose from. A shmups.com favourite with it's coin chaining and high challenge. The DC version offers difficulty levels for mortals and a unique tag team mode in which you pick 2 characters that alternative with life loss.

Cannon Spike Robotron/Smash TV shooter but with Capcom fan-service stacked to the rafters. Choose from Capcom stars such as Arthur the night, Mega Man or Streetfighter's Cammy in a variety of Capcom game inspired levels. Short but highly replayable.

Hydro Thunder Big daft racing in boats. Stupendous fun.

Mr Driller The pure stripped down arcade sensibilites are right at home on the DC. Play this with the DC stick for the best version outside an arcade.

Pro Pinball Trilogy Three gorgeous tables from the Pro Pinball series on one disc complete with every option you could think off including setting the age of the table,. Lovely looking with the VGA cable.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Megadrive Micro Machines 96 Definitive version. Loads of tracks and modes. 4 players via J cart and track editor
    Wasn't it actually eight players as you could share the pad, or am I thinking of something else entirely?

You're right. Forgot about the pad sharing - never tried that.
  • Chocolate bars:

1. White Kinder Bueno
    2. Peanut Kit-Kat Chunky
    3. Snickers
    4. Wispa Gold
    5. Mint Aero
    6. Yorkie Raisin & Biscuit
    7. Crunchie
    8. White Nestle Crunch
    9. Fry's Turkish Delight
    10. Picnic

Honourable mentions: Topic, Dark Chocolate Bounty, Orange Aero, Milky Bar, Fry's Chocolate Cream, Cadbury's Bournville
  • davyK wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:
    You're right. Forgot about the pad sharing - never tried that.

Pad sharing worked well enough on MM2 (constant acceleration, left and right inputs), but it was only available on one track iirc. Did they expand it for the sequels? Was a great idea.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The chocolate question - this is all contraband for me - I shouldn't even be thinking about this stuff.....

1. King size Snickers - now banned. Not that two small bar sharing nonsense - this was monstrous.
    2. Double Decker
    3. Lindt Mint Intense
    4. Toblerone (feck off size)
    5. Kit Kat Chunky ( I would buy a four finger version of this - why hasn't someone thought of that?)
    6. Picnic
    7. Nestle Dairy Crunch
    8. Dark Chocolate Bounty
    9.Topic
    10.  Lion Bar

I now limit myself to Lindt 85% or 90% for my chocolate hits. Splendid products but by design you can't scoff on them.
  • Thanks Moot, mutual love in x

Davy you are going to play havoc with my scoring system when it comes in to play. I may just give you your own PLACE HOLDER as I think your write ups deserve one.

Larry, nice choices although nothing should beat a Peanut Kit kat chunky.
  • Star Bar. Twix. Kit Kat Chunky. Yorkie. Daim. Caramac. Toffee Crisp. Bourneville. Caramel. New entry: Pick Up Bars, as seen on TV.
  • It was a tough choice for top spot, could've gone either way. No denying Kit-Kat chunky's are a fine product.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    A former lover adored Peanut KK Chunky, to the point that when I was babysitting her hamster a few years after we split. I bought a box of them and stashed them all over her flat, never did find out if she found them all, but she did get lots of nice little surprises for the next year or so
  • Where's the fucking Double Deckers? Davy is the only one who knows what's what.
  • davyK wrote:
    The chocolate question - this is all contraband for me - I shouldn't even be thinking about this stuff..... 1. King size Snickers - now banned. Not that two small bar sharing nonsense - this was monstrous. 2. Double Decker 3. Lindt Mint Intense 4. Toblerone (feck off size) 5. Kit Kat Chunky ( I would buy a four finger version of this - why hasn't someone thought of that?) 6. Picnic 7. Nestle Dairy Crunch 8. Dark Chocolate Bounty 9.Topic 10.  Lion Bar I now limit myself to Lindt 85% or 90% for my chocolate hits. Splendid products but by design you can't scoff on them.
    Oh Christ chocolate......i had two minis(mars and snickers) last night. Gutted lol :(
  • cockbeard wrote:
    A former lover adored Peanut KK Chunky, to the point that when I was babysitting her hamster a few years after we split. I bought a box of them and stashed them all over her flat, never did find out if she found them all, but she did get lots of nice little surprises for the next year or so
    wow thats was super nice.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    9. Fry's Turkish Delight
    Not sure I've ever met anyone who actually liked that. Horrible stuff.

I've seen Cadbury's Turkish Delight chocolate bars on sale over here - a country where proper Turkish Delight is available pretty much everywhere - I really hope no one's buying them.
  • No ones touched the OG Xbox so here's my take:
    1. Topspin Tennis (Still the most playable tennis game ever in my eyes and my definite No. 1 Xbox game)
    2. Halo (Took what GoldenEye did for console shooters to pieces and set the new standard)
    3. Jet Set Radio Future (Everything that was good about the original but now with no time limits...and relax!)
    4. OutRun 2 (One of the most beautiful gaming environments ever created and a fantastic arcade racer. I have only just learnt that changing down a gear gives you a more instantly controllable drift)
    5. DEFJAM Fight for NY (Surprsingly deep and fun 4 player fighter. Nothing beats kerb stomping Sean Pauls face)
    6. Project Gotham Racing 2 (Again took what MSR & PGR had done before and made it better)
    7. Burnout 2 (Pinnacle of arcade racing during this generation
    8. Chronicles of Riddick Escape From Butcher Bay (Biggest surprise of the generation. Fanastic solo game)
    9. Rallysport Challenge 2 (Still the best rally game ever) this may change with Forza Horizon 2 though!
    10. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Sticky camera central, I loved this game. Best in the series IMO)
  • JonB wrote:
    LarryDavid wrote:
    9. Fry's Turkish Delight
    Not sure I've ever met anyone who actually liked that. Horrible stuff. I've seen Cadbury's Turkish Delight chocolate bars on sale over here - a country where proper Turkish Delight is available pretty much everywhere - I really hope no one's buying them.

I prefer proper turkish delight, but for some reason I've always liked fry's cheap alternative version too.
  • Fry's Turkish delight are good because of that advert where that turkish bloke cuts one open with a massive sword in a desert. Thats the only way I open them now, except not in a desert as you end up with sand sticking to the delight bit.

Here it is:

Its actually better than I remember, there's a snake, a woman that is made of sand and that massive sword that I think he may cut his own ear off with.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!