curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I've mostly been gorging myself on the entire Hellboy / BPRD series. 
    Love it.
  • I've been catching up on about 15 years of X-Men via a combination of trade paperbacks, torrents, and Wikipedia. There was a lot of plot in that time but less worth reading. The New X-Men period was terrible. House of M was ok. Nothing more. All the Messiah stuff was really good though. Proper page-turning, twisting and turning, story telling. And that leads into the Avengers / X-Men stuff which was pretty good too. Especially the AvX fights-only book. 

Plotting my way through that lot was a right effort. I know Marvel's always done overlaps and cross-overs buts it ridiculous how many titles you have to read / buy / pirate in order to get the full-story on something. The Messiah stuff seemed to spread itself over about 10 titles and there isn't really any point you can jump in on without feeling like you've missed something. I think they'd definitely hold my interest longer and prompt me to part with more money, if I felt like I was buying a title that was more self-contained.
  • a couple of years ago I picked up Volume 1 of The Complete Badger http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Badger-Volume-Jeff-Butler/dp/1600101291/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1355826520&sr=8-3
    purely because of the name, but it turned out to be absolutely bonkers, and made me chuckle enough to wake the misses up in the night.
    Following that success I bought volume 2, but it's still sat unread because although I always thought I preffered physical media I now find that I really struggle to read at night with a lamp, but I'm fine with a tablet
    what makes this most annoying is that not only can I not legitimately buy it digitally, no one has even bothered to pirate it

anyone got any bright ideas? You're welcome to borrow my volume 1 to try for yourself if you think of a good solution to my predicament ;)
  • Take photos from your tablet of each page for later reading?

Probably not a short process.
  • that's what i feared, the quality way is to razer blade them out of the binding, and then you can even speed scan them with a scanner with a document feeder, but that obviously involves defacing the original work

This reminded me that I picked up Outlanders Volume 1 from a charity shop which has too suffered from a lack of convenience with physical media, and also from the quick research i've done today does not appear to be available digitally for money or theivery
  • I've been waiting an age for E.V.E. Protomecha to arrive. I've no idea if it's any good, but I decided to take a punt on one of the writers, Aron Lusen. I don't remember comics being so misogynistic when I collected them in my teens.

67356-11425-100353-1-e-v-e-protomecha_super.jpg
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • I'd recommended Irredeemable to swirl earlier and there's no reason why you guys shouldn't read it either. I'm a tad surprised that it's not been mentioned yet.

irredeemable7.jpg

I'd also recommend picking up Incorruptible.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • New Hawkeye has got pretty good.

Boomerang. Respect it.
  • RasDam wrote:
    I don't remember comics being so misogynistic when I collected them in my teens.[/img]

Not a Power Girl reader then?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    At, Power Girl. Apparently, it became a running bet with each new artist to make her tits bigger until someone complained. Hence the beach balls attached to her chest now.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Cleavage, check; gusset, check. Print and ship it, boys!
  • Comics, as with everything else, are mostly awful.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I don't expect to get anywhere with this (because of my own failings) but ages ago, in the old place or even the old old place, there was a discussion about good comics. I mentioned the Walking Dead (this was long before the public started paying notice) and somebody said I should read...

This is where I forget what was said, I seem to remember that two different comics were mentioned but one sounded brilliant. I think it was something along the lines of either The Road or I Am Legend (though it may not have been) but because I am completely up-to-date with TWD I would like to start something else. I'm not really into fantasy or sci-fi (though if it is brilliant I presume it could sway me) and even though TWD isn't real it seems like it could be so I am after something like that, not neccessarily zed based, as I think the apocalypse is a genre I'm enjoying.

One more thing, I need to be able to get it on Comixology as I can carry them about and also because my daughter shares my account so she can read whatever it is as well.

Cheers, hopingly, in advance!
  • Y: The Last Man is about what it sez, but I've not read it. Will have a think.

Edit: Preacher maybe?
  • It was on old maroon moto, because I can't find it on the Blurum. Though I did find this:

Probably been posted here before, but here are Miller's directions to Jim Lee from All Star Batman and Robin:

Q7VOu.jpg
    sR6X5.jpg
    wSFzK.jpg
    4auNA.jpg

Which resulted in:

5UniC.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Y: The Last Man is about what it sez, but I've not read it.

I read the first volume of Y: The Last Man years ago. From what I can remember, it was very good. Brutal in places, if violence/mutilation makes you squeamish.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Y: The Last Man is about what it sez, but I've not read it. Will have a think. Edit: Preacher maybe?
    Both of them sound familiar, which would you recommend if you had to pick just one?

Edit: #1 of Y is free so trying that first.
  • @Dante: did I post that? I remember finding it on a blag.
  • Bugal posted it, but it's done the rounds.
  • Aha, yes. I recall now. Bloody Miller.
  • Ghost Peter Parker.

That is the answer. What is the question?
  • Who is the hero of Superior Spider-man
  • Spoiler:
  • It is a properly mental way to go. As mental as Madame Web and stuff though?
  • It's not that it's mental more that it's just classic comic book.

Nothing changes. We've got the same characters FOREVER
  • -ever -ever -ever
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Intrigued by the Morbius: The Living Vampire series from Marvel. Anyone had a look at it?
  • Well, that's me cancelling Spider-Man then.

Swirl, all I've seen is the set up in ASM 699.1. Could be interesting though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I might grab the first issue and see what it's like. He's definitely been an interesting character from the few times I've seen him in Spider-Man titles. I wonder how well he'll hold up in a "solo book".
  • It'll be interesting for sure.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!