curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I connected to Ubi's servers fine last night (and signed up to their garish U-Play thing).

Look forward to trying the multiplayer – it was my first port of call but there were no matches to join at the time.
  • Well that was utterly awful. I can excuse the crippling lag, getting stuck in the floor and other movement issues as it's a beta, but the design decision that sees you constantly detected is another matter entirely. UAVs, cameras and that intel thing where everyone on the team is punished if one of you gets knocked out by the taser mean you're visible even through cover. Give me the spotting system from Battlefield or the CoD UAV over this shite any day.

I played this for an hour or so when it was first released. Tried to get in games with a couple of you and it failed miserably.
    I am honestly surprised at the BF3/BC2 crowd thinking it was any good.
    gmans ongoing hate of unlocks has been taken to the nth degree with higher level players giving their entire team red x-ray vision, what sodding use is a slow tactical approach when as soon as you spawn you are 'detected' and can be tracked through the entire map and any wall, it is an utterly ridiculous design decision.
    What's more the vast majority of times that I died I watched the kill cam and I was sniped across the fucking map by a guy sitting on a roof with a SMG using iron sights, several times when literally 2 square inches of my head where visible whilst crouching behind cover, I know we whined a lot about BF3 but fuck me this was dire.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    gmans ongoing hate of unlocks has been taken to the nth degree with higher level players giving their entire team red x-ray vision, what sodding use is a slow tactical approach when as soon as you spawn you are 'detected' and can be tracked through the entire map and any wall, it is an utterly ridiculous design decision. What's more the vast majority of times that I died I watched the kill cam and I was sniped across the fucking map by a guy sitting on a roof with a SMG using iron sights, several times when literally 2 square inches of my head where visible whilst crouching behind cover, I know we whined a lot about BF3 but fuck me this was dire.
    X-Ray is in multiplayer? Eesh, balancing nightmare. It's pretty handy in the campaign obviously but I have no idea how you'd make it work in multiplayer without it screwing the game. Tin foil hats?
  • According to the killcams I watched as I died over and over it was.
  • I presume it's Ubisoft that have made this? I do have a lasting memory of the netcode on all their shooters earlier this gen being absolutely woeful. Doesn't sound like its improved then.
    As for Unlocks, yep, the gaming equivalent of AIDS.
    Four player co-op would be a reet laugh, but as I've yet to get my broadband fixed, I'm out on that too.
    Might pick it up later in the summer when it's inevitably going for pennies for a spot of co-op, but other than that, I'm out.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It does seem likely that the unlocks will sink this apart from a small hardcore fan base. Kind of funny in a way that everyone is still attempting to copy this from COD4 without apparently understanding how it worked in COD4 - it really went out of its way not to disadvantage a new player for any more than a couple of games.
  • 3 weeks now. Tried nearly every day to connect and never managed. Beta deleted. Waste of time.
  • I_R wrote:
    It does seem likely that the unlocks will sink this apart from a small hardcore fan base. Kind of funny in a way that everyone is still attempting to copy this from COD4 without apparently understanding how it worked in COD4 - it really went out of its way not to disadvantage a new player for any more than a couple of games.

Yes, it's always struck me as strange how so many absolute cretins can seemingly be employed by one industry.

beggars belief

g.man

Come with g if you want to live...
  • I agree with g.man, I'm gonna wait and get this when it, inevitably, goes down in price.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I really enjoyed GRAW 1 & 2.
    I particularly enjoyed the co-op missions in both, but yeh, I am going to wait for the price drop or a second hand pick up re this version, I still have Batman Arkham City to finish and I am currently playing Dead Island and that game refuses to end, ever.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fuck, I forgot about Dead Island, I was meant to have a look for that.

The co-op looked good, synchronised headshots, clearing rooms in slow motion etc. but that won't last very long. It'll be good to see Terrorist Hunt updated though.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm up for Dead Island if it's cheap somewhere.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How many players is it?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Not a clue but I've always had my beady eye on it.

I really need to get my Xbox drive sorted first. Next week hopefully.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm on holiday next week. Gah.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nah I meant fixed next week. No rush son.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    4 player co-op and it was good...
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Impressed with both those reviews. Actually want to play the single player more than MP.

It'll have to wait though - Dragon's Dogmeat this week, and it's still a little too shooty so close to the awesome Max Payne.
  • Hmmm. Eurogamer gave SSX 9/10 IIRC, and that was a steaming turd shitting on the face of a once great series......
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    I'm with Curtis, interested after reading the reviews but it will have to wait. Max Payne should arrive tomorrow and the weekend already has its dogma planned out.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Must resist, nngh...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Im still slightly tempted for the sp, but in no hurry.
  • Might hold on for some G and P co-op. The return of Flaspoint's Team Awesome.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye, could be emotional. 

Oi, while I've got your attention Webbo, fancy giving Max Payne another shot later seeing as I can't play Minecraft due to the lady watching Sky?
  • Aye, should be on 9ish. Was going to finish sp but will gladly accomodate.
  • I watched the gametrailers review and they didn't like the singleplayer at all really.
    But Edge have a semi conscious boner for it. HHhmmm..
    Still a price drop pick up.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I won't touch this until it crosses the magical £9.99 price...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    I'm up for Dead Island if it's cheap somewhere.

There's a GOTY (from whom?) edition coming soon with all the DLC, but that might only be America.
  • Anyone thinking of picking this up? I'd be up for some MP/ co-op shenanigans on 360 if so, GT is unsurprisingly machinesoul1

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!