Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
  • Gonzo wrote:
    u win

No I haven't the fuckers still crawling
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • So another pick-it-up-cheap-for-campaign game then? They might as well release it at £25 and have done with it.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It's been in development for five years, they probably won't make their money back at £40. They have made the effort at multi-player as well, it's just not pulling me in.

I'd agree in general about the price though, I think a lot of games would have a much better chance launching at £30. The knowledge that a huge price drop is weeks away isn't an incentive to buy. Game's new management might have realised that the big drop is suicidal and we might see much less of it now though.
  • Five years? Yeesh.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Finished this last night. Very enjoyable overall, I think it might be my favourite military shooter campaign since COD4. Very pretty and polished, nicely empowering, maybe a little too easy. The story is the same old stuff and the last couple of levels do falter a little as the developers attempt to make things a bit more intense. The final section of the last level in particular went too far in attempting to speed things up just to be different.
  • Is anyone around for some co-op tomorrow night ? 360 that is

Only on mission 6 but really enjoying it , luckily didn't have to restart after the crawling on wall AI crap
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Does the coop look good?
  • Looks like most of the campaign can be done in 4 player co-op and there's a horde mode. No idea how the net code holds up though.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm tempted. Picked the Witcher 2 up for the Max Payne swap, and my drive is still broken so it might be a month until I consider picking it up.
  • Had an excellent session on this today. Multiplayer with my brother and a friend. We a squad of pure awesomeness, playing the game as it should be and dominating eveyr game. Setting up a defensive perimeter and picking people off was incredibly satisfying. How the game should be played.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Double XP weekend event this weekend until Monday.

Very useful for trying to rank up to 50!
  • 21st of June some nice chap is meant to be coming to fix my internets. Should this prove successful and I can then find this going cheap, I'll be up for a co-op run through towards the end of this month if anyone fancies it.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I will definately be up for it if it was more in July time...just purely from a work viewpoint as I will then be on the summer holidays!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    21st of June some nice chap is meant to be coming to fix my internets. Should this prove successful and I can then find this going cheap, I'll be up for a co-op run through towards the end of this month if anyone fancies it. regards g.man

TEAM AWESOME ASSEMBLE.
  • I actually bought this on release day and thanks to Dragon's Dogma, have yet to play it! Will be up for doing the co-op, probably for the first time, haha.
  • Shall keep an eye out, should be going cheap end of the month.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye, had my eye on it.
  • Coop on the first two was great.
    That mp demo was not my thing.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I've been plugging away at the on-line for the hell of it. Good at times, but it's possibly as unbalanced a MP as I've ever seen. Gears with host advantage and the pro team have better guns and gadgets.
  • g.man wrote:
    21st of June some nice chap is meant to be coming to fix my internets. Should this prove successful and I can then find this going cheap, I'll be up for a co-op run through towards the end of this month if anyone fancies it. regards g.man

More than happy to co-op. Gamertag is same as on here. Really enjoyed the game so far and finally the ridiculously poor servers have been sorted meaning the MP isn't an aneurism-enducing Hulkfest.
  • Anyone finished with this yet? I want to swap it for my Max Payne (360) and you know you do to.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Traded Lollipop for this. Played the first few missions. Seems very decent (ignoring/skipping the woeful cutscenes, dialogue of course)!

Co-op my 360 chums? Or does no-one but Iain have it?
  • I have it and would be interested in co-op. Its a great game, the highlight for me being the airport level.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Should i finish the campaign, so i know what to expect in co-op, Elite?
  • I wouldn't say its necessary. What difficulty are you doing the campaign on?

I did it all single-player as I quite like being in charge of my team, directing them around etc. but I do prefer co-op.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I assumed that co-op was each of the missions off the campaign, not awesome co-op specific maps like on GRAW2?

I'd rather see them, then know what to expect, rather than you lot lead me around on a leash. lol! I'm playing on Veteran. Elite is the hardest, yes?
  • Yep Elite is the hardest, Veteran the next one down. Shouldn't give you any problems on single player. Yeah the co-op is basically the single-player missions and I completely understand not wanting to be led around!

Playing as a squad online is also good fun.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Yeah, i enjoyed the MP beta.

I'll get stuck into that when the mood fits.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Just installing it now, I hope the campaign's decent, ooh I almost forgot this is 3D isn't it?

I have to ask as there isn't a single mention of it on the box or in the booklet...

EDIT: Peraps it's not then.
  • Double XP weekend again this weekend. It is insanely quick to rank up when its double XP.

Quick ways to earn lots of points in double XP matches would be killing someone getting the intel thingy, healing team members and spotting opposition members and having someone on your team kill them.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!