Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Added bike 5 minute warmup into the routine pre-squat.

Come to the realisation that I can't power clean. Just don't have the arm flexibility to get the bar where it needs to be on my front delts.

Have replaced with pull ups for now.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Keep at it.  Add front squats to imprive that fleixibility.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    Well done Elf you tiny mythical being.  Now, do 105kg.

Done. 

A bit of rest between reps is ok, right? Just to breathe and reset form. I think Rippetoe suggests so.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oh yer, I think so.  Form is everything, no point in rushing it and pulling a muscle.  As long as my hands are on the bar, I'm still in the set.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • How did this thread get to page 2?! Scandalous!
  • Weighed myself this morning. 76.6kg, but after cereal. How much does cereal and not having had a shit add??

Hit two PRs today. 
    67.5kg bench
    85kg squat

Still failing on 40kg OHP. Gonna invest in microplates and work my way up slowly from 37.5kg.

I'm also scared of trying to do 110kg on deadlift. Will attempt next Sunday.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Big breath into your stomach, chest up and tense every muscle ya got, you'll get it.  Well done on the squat and bench, PR is a PR any way you slice it Helf.  I haven't benched for months.
  • First week cutting, dropped 1kg. Went on the bench today expecting to do usual 70kgs. Got crushed and had to drop down to 62.5 5x5. Plenty of Roll of Shame dropping the weight down until it stabilised at 62.5. I can't wait for bulking season again...
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Last time I listen to a mate at the gym. He wanted to do biceps, triceps and lats after the 3 exercises he did with me. I'm fucked. Prob gonna be worse tomorrow when I'm supposed to be at gym on OHP day.
  • Maaaan, don't get me wrong I love bicep curls but I only allow myself to do them at the end of each session and that's if I have enough energy. Same with triceps and pullups too.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Did them at the end but went a bit OTT on triceps. Sore now. :(
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Curls: never.  Chin-ups: forever.
  • Curls for the burn, chins for strength!

Down to 84 kg now but hurt my rib today, iced it straight away but got achill burn on it. Now i cant tel if its my rib thats bad or the burn!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Curls: never.  Chin-ups: forever.

I like the feeling after curls, particularly if I do a range of different ones in a session. Chin ups are definitely harder though.

• Shouldn't do much if you want big biceps, and you can't beat one arm standing dumb bell preacher curls. To straight arms where you tense your tricep at the bottom to make sure you've completed the rep. Those and one other bicep exercise are enough. Its only a small muscle that works everyday. 99% of people who train overdo biceps.
  • Week 3 of cut. Bench has dropped from 70kgs to failed Set 5;Rep (final) 5 of 60kgs. It's probably not muscle mass (I keep reassuring myself) it's more likely only having 200ish calories and training at 1400.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Its the calories for rizzle, its like having no petrol in a 500bhp car! Im not maxing on anything, as long as i can get reps out at a decent weight im happy. Got 3kg to go, theyre the hard ones!
  • 90kg squat success for second time. Gonna put up by 2.5 next time. 

37.5kg OHP is still what I can do. All the time, can't do 40kg. Time to get micro plates. 

110kg deadlift, only managed 4 reps, bloodshot eyes! Gonna use straps next time, getting heavy. 

70kg bench success, just about. Might stick with it for next session.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Well done Helf.  Fuck straps, get thee to some chalk.

Can you do a single at 40 for OHP?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Case in point on the chalk (if you aren't already partaking, presumptuous of me): I managed 2x5 @ 145kg for deadlift on Friday with regular grip with chalk, where previously I'd need to switch to mixed grip by about rep 5 on set 1 and rep 2 on set 2 for 145. 150 for any reps pre-chalk was mixed grip from rep 1, whereas I managed a triple when last I tried before switching.
  • I'll check out chalk, not used any before. 

I've done a few reps of 40 on OHP before, but never 3x5. Seems hard. Thinking of working up to its using micro plates from 37.5.
  • I agree, don't use straps for deadlift until your grip becomes the limiting factor. Then do farmer's walks until your grip catches up.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Perhaps try for as many reps as you can at 40, then drop a couple of 1.25 plates off and complete the remainder of the set.  Repeat for the next two.  If you can do triples at 40, either do 5 triples or a triple, then 2 reps at 37.5 to finish the set and so on.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    My approach is to hit the target reps regardless of how many I can do per set, so if it's 15 (ideally 3x5) and I can only manage triples per set, so be it.
  • Imma try all o dese tings
  • Hit 80kg bodyweight like a boss
  • Good stuff. I'm 77.3kg. Next weigh in is in a week in Sunday (I do every 2 weeks).
  • Finally managed 3x5 on 40kg OHP, BOOM YEAHH!!! Very last rep was a disaster though. Might've been a case of fuck yeah I'm about to do this don't mess up Elf oh holy shit this is getting heavy fuck. 

Gonna do it again next session and see how I do. Wanna make sure I have it down perfectly. A week it two of back-off sets has helped I guess. Got form down and made sure I was doing proper vertical pressing and getting shrug and breathe at top right.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Good man.  I've strained my back so am out of action, walking is harrrrd.
  • Eek, how'd you do that? Deadlifts??

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!