Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's the slow lifts that will get you that strength to weight ratio.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    We're all in agreement then.  I'll have a target weight and reps for a given lift and if I'm feeling good, I'll exceed that rep target.  If I'm not, I'll just barely hit it.
    As just happened, nearly front squatted myself into oblivion but just got there.  I suspect the last rep was Alan Jones-ugly but I can't be sure as my eyes were shut.  I'd never fsq'd that weight before though, and managed 3x5.  Still a piddling amount of weight in the grand scheme.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    It's the slow lifts that will get you that strength to weight ratio.

Amateur strongman acquaintance (car-lifting bizzo) is always recommending plyo training. I suppose that's the difference between WSM all-rounders and dedicated eventers? Maybers.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Maybers.  Multi-prong.
  • Anyone been watching World Strongest Man, may have been the British qualifiers. These guys are something else, DL 460kg!! Most of them are upwards of 150kg, I think Terry Hollands came in at 190kg, so I always try to figure what I could lift if I was at least double my weight and more. Apart from being in heart attack country I'd be very strong. 

Jouko Ahola was always a fav of mine back in the day just for his awesome name alone and of course Magnus Samuelson. Anyone have any favs?
  • Inb4 Swirl comes in talking about Geoff Capes.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I haven't watched it in years. Not since the Pudzanowski (sp?) and Vasturk days. 

When are the finals? I'm guessing on channel 5?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Hulka T wrote:
    Anyone have any favs?

Marunde was fun. Hoeberl's arms.
  • So weak today. Can't do usual weights let alone progress. Maybe lack of sleep. Or food. :(
  • Gonna give squats a rest, maybe deadlift too. Need to rest left glutes area, feels a bit off. Even after mucho stretching and trigger point release malarkey.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Get dat sleep n eats.
  • Got sleep last night (separate room to boy!), and eating lots of decent nutrition today. Gonna hit gym tomorrow and try and keep some of this up.

Weighed this morning. 75.5kg, that's another increase. Fat still as before so must be muscle! So I took some body measurements too...

Previous 2 measurements were end 2013 and July 2014 (post Ramadan when I lost mass).  Chest and arms better than 2013. Other areas (hip waist thighs calves) either back to 2013 level or still slightly lower. Progress. Slowly slowly.
  • 100kg deadlift MILESTOOOOOOONE!!!

Just thought I'd share that with everyone.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Well done Elf you tiny mythical being.  Now, do 105kg.
  • Good morning!

Yes, I'm gonna continue putting it up. Haven't quite platuead on it. 

Continuing to struggle with OHP. Still only done 37.5 and failed 40. 

Stalled on bench a bit; but I'm expecting to progress after a couple of weeks of backing off and increasing back to previous best of 65kg. 

Squats I've taken easy on. Glutes area a bit uncomfortable. Not sure if I've done something to it. So I'm taking it easy for now but I had previously done 85kg. So will work back up to that as soon as I feel better.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Good morning!
  • Good morning to you too!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Good evening!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Good... night...?  Law never looks in here so I guess that's a waste.
  • I'm hoping my arm heals up/is healed, haven't done weights for about 2 weeks now. Been hitting the cardio anyhow. FML
  • Been doing 4 miles a day for the last 8 days, no beer, dropping weight. Been upping my protein and lifting but feeling pretty week. Suppose it us to be expected? Worried I am losing muscle, but can't be sure.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hulka T wrote:
    And good night?
    Oh right, yer, just got it.
  • Starting 90day cut on Saturday, going for at least -500 calorie deficit. Reducing lifting to two days per week and reducing to medium weights so hopefully my Golfer's Elbow gets a good chance to repair too. Currently it's stopped all push/pull progress. Shit, I might even do some cardio too.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Whoah whoah whoah, let's not go nuts.
  • Back night tonight!! So excited!!!!
  • Hulka T wrote:
    Anyone been watching World Strongest Man, may have been the British qualifiers. These guys are something else, DL 460kg!! Most of them are upwards of 150kg, I think Terry Hollands came in at 190kg, so I always try to figure what I could lift if I was at least double my weight and more. Apart from being in heart attack country I'd be very strong.  Jouko Ahola was always a fav of mine back in the day just for his awesome name alone and of course Magnus Samuelson. Anyone have any favs?

Haven't seen it for a while. Remember watching Jon Pall Sigmarsson years ago.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Whoah whoah whoah, let's not go nuts.

Ha! I think some cycling would be good for my knees though.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Back night tonight!! So excited!!!!
    Deadlifts this morning.  Lower left back is tight, not keen.
  • I need to improve hams and glutes flexibility.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!