Strength [+2]
  • Well basically, upnthe protein intake even more . I up cardio for 2 weeks whilst maintaining current food levels then start cutting non clean carbs out and replacing it with extra protein but in total eating less. I dont cut carbs out completely or I cant train nor do I do some mad carb cycling as im not a fitness model. this goes on for 6-8 weeks at which point Im at a nice level. The upped cardio is maintained throughout this period.
  • Went gym Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Going again today. But I finally feel a bit tired. Can't go tomorrow as I'm busy. So I'll go today anyway and see what I can do.

Weighed myself. 73.35kg, half kilo lower than 2 weeks ago. Standard fluctuation.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • How are people getting on?

Squats at 65kg only (not even body weight) and I felt it today. That's poor. My bench is on 62.5kg!!! But I am a squat novice.  Haven't been gym in a week and a day so that might have affected it. 

My overhead press was at 35kg and I struggled on last rep of third set. That's poor too.

Deadlift at 75kg was a doddle though, 80kg next session.
  • Fuck these jeans I'm wearing, right everywhere now. Gonna get up early on Boxing Day and head over to sales. Need bigger trousers and jeans nowadays.
  • I'm not doing squats until 2015 not. I'm using the time freed up for bicep curls. Awwwww Yeah.

Hoping to get Deadlift to 140kg by the end of the year.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Nice goals. Eat duck and waffles thats the new shit.
  • I wanna try and deadlift 95kg by the end of the year. 100kg may be pushing it.
  • what are you weighing mate and whats your programme for DL?
  • I'm around 73kg. Trying to broadly follow Starting Strength program, but I only manage twice a week mostly, and am alternating deadlift and something else like chin ups, no power cleans. Just did 75kg deadlift, so at current pace, I'll be hopefully getting towards 100kg end of year or just after. Maybe.

Program is alternating:

Squats
    Bench
    Chins
    Rows (maybe)

Squats
    Press
    Deadlift
    Chins/dips
  • Not bad mate, I didnt actually realise the end of the year was 31 days!

Id mainly only alternate DL with squats though not chins. Godd luck mate thats good progress.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'd keep the squats up while you're still rolling with SS, then once you hit the really heavy stuff, back off a bit and alternate.  You can squat every session early on, chins too for that matter.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I'm injured, it sucks. Football and weights aren't happy bedfellows.
    GT: Knight640
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm doing Pilates to overcome my injuries and imbalances.  I haven't pressed a bar in Amber for weeks.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Amber whut

It stays.  I miss pressing my bar into Amber.
  • Skerret wrote:
    I'd keep the squats up while you're still rolling with SS, then once you hit the really heavy stuff, back off a bit and alternate.  You can squat every session early on, chins too for that matter.

Righto. Squat and DL on same day has been too much on one of my sessions already, but I may have been tired that day anyway. I'm watching those sessions and like you say, will probably move to alternate squat and DL soon.
  • I haven't gone to the gym in aaaaaaages. Schedule change screwed my routine. I want to get back though, this flab won't burn itself!
  • I haven't gone to the gym in aaaaaaages. Schedule change screwed my routine. I want to get back though, this flab won't burn itself!

It will if you go for a walk and maintain a calorie defecit.

#YOLOSWAGLAZYBROSPRAISEITDONTBLAZEIT420
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Unless you have that self-burning flab that the movie stars are always talking about.
  • Knight wrote:
    I'm injured, it sucks. Football and weights aren't happy bedfellows.

Try weights and BJJ!
  • 74.2kg. Pinching my tummy, don't feeling difference so I think the increase may be due to muscle mass.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    GOOD
  • Good stuff Elf. As long as one of your metrics is improving it's all good.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    My lifts are imperial.

You can all be my sedan-chair boys if you like.
  • I stalled on the OHP yesterday though. Bad form I reckon. Surely I can't be benching 65kg but only OHPing 35kg???? Need to pay attention to whether I am using a truly vertical bar path. I think that's where I'm going wrong and wasting too much energy on lateral movement of the bar.
  • Thats not overly uncommon I would say, gents are usually relatively strong straight off the bat on bench compared to other lifts especially if they havent really trained before. So no issues there!
  • Shoulder flexibility?
  • Yeah OHP is a bitch, no-one's got any deltoids any more. Or traps, for that matter, which is why chins are so tough too.
  • Was doing some inclined bench a couple of weeks ago and heard a little "pop" like a joint cracking. No pain but a little lump appeared tip of my left pec next to the inner part of my clavicle. Been taking it easy since. More warm up now.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I've backed right away from bench with my shoulder the way it is currently.  Can't do OHP either on my left, so doing KB presses in my right as it lags behind in size anyway.  It's all pulling movements for me ooh pardon.  Front squat is coming along though.
  • What am I supposed to be doing when I've hit my first wall? Stick with the weight and see if I can push the sets out next time?

I managed benching 5,5,4 on 65kg last night. The last set wasn't the best of form and mate took bar off me on last rep cos I was waving about!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!