Strength [+2]
  • San Giefo lol, only just saw my typo! And yeah I guess my question was a bit random and out of the blue.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    San Giefo definitely is the better name though.

(now I only need to figure out what escape is all about, usually takes a couple days.)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Sans Giefo's when Zangief trains without his trunks. Boots stay on.
  • Just had to do Arms before work. That sucked ass, why would people choose to do that?!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Funny lot, Nintendo fans.
  • Escape wrote:
    Funny lot, Nintendo fans.

My iPhone is obviously more excited about Arms than I!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Think it's time for me to take a step back an start having mobility as the main focus, strength as a second. My elbow has been a bit oversensitive, but it's really asking for a lot of attention lately. Have a feeling the problem starts in my shoulder, I've never had a great posture and my shoulders have been rotated forward too much for as long as I can remember. Guess that's giving me problems now. I feel it mainly when pressing, but lat pull down, planks, even the romanian deadlifts are putting more stress on my shoulder and elbow then needed.

Guess I'll start with adding some of those mobilityWod exercises on Kelly Starret's YT channel in my program, and lower weights overall. Maybe increase rep range though, see how that goes.
  • Nina, ever thought of trying a HITT workout? Might make a nice change to strength. I'd also suggest pilates or yoga (they really help with flexibility).

On a side note, I'm going to try (small steps) Anthony Joshua's treadmill routine. Put the treadmill up to speed 15, run flat out for 3 minutes! Then take a 1 minute rest, repeat 8 times.
    Firstly I'll have to build up to speed 15 never mind doing it for 3 mins. It's a decent challenge, one that could take me 6+ months to achieve.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'll take a look at HIIT, I've known for a while that I should start adding tabbata stuff at the end of my workout. Yoga could be a nice thing to pick up after we've moved and crossfit is still out of the picture due to finances. Would be nice to meet new people that way. Only thing is that I can't do upside down stuff very well, so I have to be careful with those dog stances. Same goes for HIIT, if I stand up too quickly I start seeing stars or feeling out of balance.
    You have any particular HIIT workouts you recommend?
  • http://www.mensfitness.com/training/workout-routines/10-hiit-workouts-get-you-shredded-summer

I've tried these, they sound easy but it will leave you knackered.

About upside down stuff, I think you are referring to the down dog move. Your not really upside down. I've you get round to finding a class speak to the instructor before hand and let them know. They can work around it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Those are all men workouts guys... I'll have a good look at them later, spotted a couple that I should be able to do with the minimal gym equipment I have.

And it was the down dog yeah, I seem to have sensitive equilibrium bodies, if my head is lower than my body for too long or changes direction to fast (hello roller-coaster) I feel messed up for quite a while. Found that out while trying to do handstands. It was like being inside a laundry machine.
  • Nina pininterest has lots of women's workouts on there and HITT ones. The HITT classes I attend are mixed, you do what you can at your own pace.
  • Whats that picture work website. Has super hero stuff etc.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Watching the American Nationals Weightlifting. Jessica Lucero had a solid day yesterday. Mattie Rogers had some good snatches (clean and jerks start soon). Impressive ladies.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    So I might have found a plan, I'm enjoying it at least though it's pretty hard work. I've grabbed the couch to 10k app and they also do 20 pullups, 200 squats, 200 situps and 100 pushups. So in the morning I do one day of each of the bodyweight exercises, then after work do one day of the running then another day of the bodyweight straight after. I feel great but I don't think I'm getting enough sleep, anyone got any ideas on how to get more. I can't seem to get past 5 hours
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Crack one off at bedtime. Instant relaxation and snooze time. 

Alternatively, lie in bed and do little strethicjgbof body parts from toe to head and back to toe, while deep breathing. 

If you have anything on your mind, write it down in a to-do list or some diary or something so that you know it's Weston somewhere and that you don't need to just keep it constantly on your mind. 

Erm... stay away from blue light or whatever (phones, TVs etc I think?) before bedtime. 

Most importantly, don't go to bed 5 hours before you need to get up. :)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahaha, it's not the last one, it's pretty amazing to have all this extra time in the morning, but at the same time it's sometimes a little too much time in the morning
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    strethicjgbof
    christ what happened there

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Try to go to bed a little earlier, make sure the room is cool and your gadgets are placed as far away as possible.

As you lay there in your soft, comfortable and welcoming bed try and assume the foetal position and close your eyes.

The next step is think about the mistakes you have made, replay those crucial moments where you have fucked up or done something wrong. Contemplate the ramifications of these actions and try and extrapolate all the potential negative consequences and how they will impact you and those you love.

Be assured after this you will definitely feel awake, the adrenaline will be pumping so you can then knock out a couple more burpees and some squats.

Works like a charm.
  • Skerret wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    strethicjgbof
    christ what happened there

It clearly says "stretching of", duh
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    I can't seem to get past 5 hours

Join the club. I never slept much anyway but it's ridiculous now. My day sees me out the door at 8am, into work and then into the gym at 18:30. Home then for 8pm that night, shower and eat and do any jobs and sit down at 10pm for a bit. Around 12 I'll go to bed because I know it's late but I am never tired. 

I'll usually sleep for a few hours and then wake up from restless leg or pins and needles in my arms. This is usually around 3 or 4am. I'll go back to sleep then (if the fucking cat isn't crying) for another few hours and get up around 7:30am.

I reckon I get around 5 or so hours as well, like yourself. Worse thing is I don't feel tired but I know my body is going to react some day. The missus was harping on for ages that it was games keeping my mind active and awake. But I haven't been gaming now since March (just can't be arsed tbh) and I still suffer from the same issues. 

I've now been told that training too much will drive my body into a sort of heightened state which will also keep me up. Apparently I also shouldn't eat after 6pm (which is impossible because I don't get hoe until 8pm) or have treats that contain sugar. And now that it's been decided that videogames aren't the culprit I should try and avoid intense TV late in the evening.

In other words, you should just go home from work and sit in a fucking box for the night avoiding all stimulation. Bottom line is some people just aren't good sleepers and don't sleep much either. Sure some things will impact on your ability to relax before bed but I think I've come to the conclusion now (seeing as my mother is the same) that I'm just one of those people that doesn't need much sleep while also finds it difficult to sleep.

Depriving yourself of all forms of entertainment in the evening is just something people who don't suffer from these issues prescribe when other options are exhausted. 

Then again, if you're tired and not feeling well cockbeard perhaps what I'm saying is as 'bout as helpful as a kick in the balls.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Also some supplements can help. I'm taking magnesium at the moment :)

...and crack cocaine 
  • Eating late and working out at 6:30pm isn't an issue. I go that time after work and I also eat dinner at 8 and bedtime snack at 11. And I get to sleep ok. I reckon it's other stuff that you're probably not thinking of.

Too much exercise might be an issue though with that timing and routine. I do 2-3 weeknights during working week. Are you doing everyday?! Cos that could be an issue.
  • The thing that stops me sleeping, and I've noticed this, is having stuff on my mind. Doesn't happen often, I lead a fairly mundane life, but if I have a small tiff with wife or if a bill comes along that I'm worried about paying, sleep goes out the window.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah I train 5-6 days a week. But like I said, I'm not tired. I'm fine with 5 hours of sleep. I just get bored sitting in bed lol.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    No I feel great, I've kinda realised I've been depressed for a long time, and unless I've been drunk I've rarely slept longer than that for any of my adult life anyway. Just frustrating taking an early night then being wide awake at 0345. I was trying to go back to sleep, but figure it's not a bad time to get some admin done, laundry, got a 24hr supermarket a couple of hundred yards away so can do shopping without queues

I wouldn't worry about your body reacting, mine never has just I know that this morning (day 4 of above regimen) that I couldn't do anything and DOMS has kicked hard, but that was due to happen anyway, I really shuoldn't do this EVERY day, but for the first time in years I'm getting adrenaline from exercise so have been on it every day
  • Hah, yeah sleep requirements differ person to person. My sister gets 5 hours or so and has no problems. If I get less that 7, I have issues.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    No I feel great, I've kinda realised I've been depressed for a long time, and unless I've been drunk I've rarely slept longer than that for any of my adult life anyway. Just frustrating taking an early night then being wide awake at 0345. I was trying to go back to sleep, but figure it's not a bad time to get some admin done, laundry, got a 24hr supermarket a couple of hundred yards away so can do shopping without queues I wouldn't worry about your body reacting, mine never has just I know that this morning (day 4 of above regimen) that I couldn't do anything and DOMS has kicked hard, but that was due to happen anyway, I really shuoldn't do this EVERY day, but for the first time in years I'm getting adrenaline from exercise so have been on it every day

If you're depressed don't follow my sure fire plan!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahahaha

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!