Run 1 Mile
    100 pull ups
    200 push ups
    300 squats
    Run 1 Mile

In a 25 lb vest or body armour.

Sounds like fun :)
  • 100 pull ups no breaks? 
    I can get to 100 press ups on a good day. 1 mile is very easy depending on speed.
    300 squats?nope
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Murph is for time within crossfit, so you can break them up (you have to).

It's a long workout so you really need to know your body, listen to it and make a plan how and when you're gonna break your reps.

Never done it, not gonna do it, even without a vest.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Run for X metres > pull numbers out of ass > run for X metres > pull x0.5 or x2 numbers out of ass > run... WE'RE ROCKY NOW, BOYS!

CrossFit's ridiculousness lies in its arbitrariness. Every good system's tailored, not instructed. Numbers are nothing without good form and recovery sense.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah done Murph a few times. Not with a vest though. It's a tough one. We're finally re-branding our gym so we'll no longer be a Crossfit gym. Strength and Conditioning doesn't have to be structured Escape, it's more about having a plan of attack in your head. I dislike how Crossfit (America) go about things though, a lot of reckless workouts.

Having been in a normal gym for years I couldn't go back now to it. Much prefer a group environment with some long ass workouts.
  • You should come work out with ME your Haakness!!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    You'd kick my ass! :)
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Today's workout is a modified Grace. 60kg Ground to Overhead (typically a power clean into push press). This time though it's go until you complete the reps (30) - 1 minute on 1 minute off.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    You'd kick my ass! :)

No way dude we'd modify to kick both our asses!!
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Yeah done Murph a few times. Not with a vest though. It's a tough one. We're finally re-branding our gym so we'll no longer be a Crossfit gym. Strength and Conditioning doesn't have to be structured Escape, it's more about having a plan of attack in your head. I dislike how Crossfit (America) go about things though, a lot of reckless workouts. Having been in a normal gym for years I couldn't go back now to it. Much prefer a group environment with some long ass workouts.

Hawk, can i ask why your gym is re-branding from a crossfit gym? I dont know much about crossfit. Have been interested in attending a taster class. Wacthing the Froning Fittest Man in History on Netflix's at moment. They seem to go very fast when competiting, which makes me think technique suffers and more chance of injury?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Wacthing the Froning Fittest Man in History on Netflix's at moment. They seem to go very fast when competiting, which makes me think technique suffers and more chance of injury?

Technique suffers from two-fist tipping. Fingers, see.
  • So finished the froning documentary. He doesn't have rest days and has multiple workouts everyday. Boy be crazy. As a Crossfit champ I think his record will be beaten. It wasn't like he was 1st in each individual event. He relied on a few favourite events to get him past the finish line as 1st in the overall leader board.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    We're re-branding because we don't really subscribe to a lot of the philosophies the Americans have with Crossfit. Some of the workouts are just retarded and asking for injuries. We've been a strength and conditioning gym now for a long time. So it made sense to finally divorce from the Crossfit brand.

If you're interested in starting make sure you do your research on the gym. As literally anyone with a level 1 'Crossfit' cert can open a gym and I've heard horror stories about some truly fucking awful coaching.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    What do you think are the bad workouts, Murph knocked some people out when they first had that at the Games. Must say I enjoyed watching this years Games, was quite something to see Annie back on the podium, always loved her as a person, and she rides some nice ktm's in Iceland.

I'm thankful for the introduction I had to crossfit, but am pretty sure I was lucky. My PT at the time is an cf athlete, same goes for the other 2 PT's in that gym. She started by making little WOD's for me that were scaled to my levels, at some point she introduced me to the Sunday classes she gave, which was mainly an (older) woman only class, very much metcon based, all within the limits of everyone. Sometimes there were toes to bars with a little kip (but only if you could, otherwise it was strict knee to elbow) or pullups, but these were assisted. After about a year they've added an actual Crossfit session, and I went to that one. My PT always knew what was going on there, so adjusted her training for me to that if it was needed. 

I've learned so much in that time. Things your body can do, things your body can't do, things you shouldn't be wanting to do right now, listening to your body, working under fatigue (that was a big one for me personally) and I kinda know what I want to learn and how I want to build my strength. I know what I find fun, what's hard for me and how to adjust my training schedule for it. 

But I've never been one to set fast times or hit high weight numbers, my body gets fatigued too quickly for that (haven't found an explanation for that yet, my biggest frustration). I've always enjoyed working on technique, trying to understand how your muscles move and how you can more or less order them to pull, push and just continue. 

Currently I don't think I'll be back in a crossfit box for a while, it's too expensice (forging elite fitness ehh) and I can learn and work on most things in a regular gym (I hope, haven't checked one out yet). I've learned a lot in that time, and am still adding little wod's to the end of my training session. 

Modified Grace sounds nice @Speedhaak, I've always had a soft spot for emom's.
  • Puregym at work has a Boditrax machine which tells you various stuff like muscle mass and fat %age etc. It's quite detailed, no idea how accurate it is but useful to track progress rather than be bothered about the absolute numbers. 

Apparently free for a month. Not clear in what way it isn't feee after that, I mean it's just a machine sitting in a room. Maybe you need to hire a PT who then logs on for you. That would be shit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Puregym at work has a Boditrax machine which tells you various stuff like muscle mass and fat %age etc. It's quite detailed, no idea how accurate it is but useful to track progress rather than be bothered about the absolute numbers.  Apparently free for a month. Not clear in what way it isn't feee after that, I mean it's just a machine sitting in a room. Maybe you need to hire a PT who then logs on for you. That would be shit.

Think it's a subscription service through Boditrax themselves, for an app to track progress, so that's probably what they mean, might require you to login to your account on the machine to get any readings
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Ah ok. I created an account and downloaded the app. Will wait and see if it asks for money after a month!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I don't necessarily think any one of the workouts are bad @nina, just that some of the stuff they're coming out with now is just a bit silly. I remember the first time I watched Crossfit at Big Sky and there we're people lifting weights clearly too heavy for them under peer pressure and no one of the coaches or organisers said anything.

Remember there was this one girl, Michelle, Christ she nearlly killed herself several times on the clean and jerk. I just don't think there is any need to bend to peer pressure and coaches and people of responsibility should be saying to these people "yo, that;s far too heavy for you. Improve your form and strength first, then come back to this weight". 

Just my two cents :)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, that definitely still happens in the non professional part. Too many coaches that know how a good lift or a muscle up should look like, but can't coach it.
    I've always preferred the strength and technique first, then accessory work and end with a wod structure my PT planned for me. If anything felt off with my body, I didn't even attempt the wod. Or heavily scaled (it was always in some way related to what I was working on)

I enjoyed the obstacle course this year at the games (and the rules have actually been changed between the test run and the competitive work out) but cringed at the "cyclocross" bit. Cheapest Trek bikes available, weren't even cyclocross bikes.

Favourite moment was Cody Anderson during the muscle up / clean ladder workout. Commentators were sure he couldn't make the last lift, but he did that twice (with good form, he's been training at catalyst athletics)
  • Snatch city today. Still got it chaps, still got it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    -__-
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    What was that Ian quote about benching three times his bodyweight in hookers before breakfast? Can't remember what he did after that. Closed down the forum, I think.
  • How's everyone getting along?  I've not hit any new PBs all year, I don't think.  Time to up my game.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm about as strong, but a stone up on lard. I weigh about 165 now.

Some of that's good weight on my legs from cycling (bought a cheap Marin a few months ago), but my running's off the boil: 30 seconds per mile down on a good day. I'll be training properly after winter, aiming to cover 2.25 miles in 15 minutes (I got stuck in a 17-minute rut this time last year), and I'd like to finally hit 27.5kg for dumbbell clean and presses (+3 on now).

And I'll get my weight back down into the 150s.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Just back from the chiropractor today, getting some readjustments done. Training is going well. Had a few PB's this year.

At 77kg BW
    Snatch: 82kg
    Deadlift: 155kg
    Overhead Squat 90kg
    Power Clean: 102kg.

Getting the chiropractic work done because I've been suffering from RLS (restless leg) for about 10 months now, which has seen me getting 4-5 hours of broken sleep a night. It's finally starting to catch up on me.

Chiropractor said I was all out of alignment even though I felt fine. So I have eight more sessions to do to readjust my spine, pelvis and shoulders and upper back. 

Also been to the doctor and have gotten some tablets to help with dopamine consistency within my body. Got bloods done too so hopefully that'll all come back good in two weeks. 

All in all training is going well, but the body is a little tired at the moment.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Just back from the chiropractor today, getting some readjustments done. Training is going well. Had a few PB's this year.

At 77kg BW
    Snatch: 82kg
    Deadlift: 155kg
    Overhead Squat 90kg
    Power Clean: 102kg.

Getting the chiropractic work done because I've been suffering from RLS (restless leg) for about 10 months now, which has seen me getting 4-5 hours of broken sleep a night. It's finally starting to catch up on me.

Chiropractor said I was all out of alignment even though I felt fine. So I have eight more sessions to do to readjust my spine, pelvis and shoulders and upper back. 

Also been to the doctor and have gotten some tablets to help with dopamine consistency within my body. Got bloods done too so hopefully that'll all come back good in two weeks. 

All in all training is going well, but the body is a little tired at the moment.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    How are the old fingers?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The old fingers?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!