Monster Hunter
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Vaal I found the easiest Elder Dee as long as you bring some nulberries. His attacks feel more telegraphed than Great Jagras.

Yeah agreed. On the eldars atm &, for now, they are not proving a challenge(Azure still has that crown), kind of walking through them. Just done the one you mentioned & not once did I have a sweat on. Was so pumped for the Nergi fight as I had parked it expecting a lesson/challenge. Only thing I learned was don't get hit twice in succession which tbf is a MH goldie oldie, so a little bummed I didn't get put through my paces. Went onto fight it 14 more times for kit & not once did it cause any issues.

Fair few hours thrown at this over the last few days & I'm close to burning out again. Only playing this & Radiant Historia atm, so the next bits of free time will be for RH & will prob leave MH for casual dips in as Ni No Kuni 2 is close & I don't like, & probably never will, spinning 2 rpgs at the same time.

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Bollock, let me know if you want to do him in multi player, I'm up for a couple more of him (read, I need parts).

The bow's a fun weapon, but I do feel like it takes the longest to kill a monster with. I might not be using the special shots (poison, power etc) in a efficient way, and I struggle a bit with sheathing. For some reason I can't reliably draw my weapon, has me often fire random slinger shots before I realize (gotta get my name on the reward screen).
    Dodging is also a bit of a mystery, you can roll dodge and also dodge into an attack?

I'm enjoying different weapons for different monsters, mainly sword and shield, lance for Diablos, switchaxe for anything weak (wide axe slash when a great Girros has tripped feels nice), hammer for big heads, bow when I want some distance.
    Was trying out the hammer on rolley polley last night, did one of the slide down into jump in the air and just salto all over the body, that felt nice.

I will try out more weapons in the future, but for now I'm just trying to get a couple to their latest upgrades
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Cheers Nina. He has parts for some nice weapons so will definitely be up for farming him.

Gaijin might take some time with his switch axe tutorial if only because it isn't the most complicated weapon going. I'm just eager to see how effective those phial charges are. Especially the elemental amplifiers.
  • Played about an hour and a half earlier. Took on a double hunt - rathian and rathalos - for the first time. Failed it twice, mainly because they kept turning up together, leaving me stuck between them, but managed to figure it out in the end. Certainly a level of strategy coming into play now, and it's much more satisfying (and therefore of course potentially much more frustrating as well).
  • I did one similar to that the last time I played and it took a few tries, a red and blue Rathalos on the same hunt. There was also a Rathian in the mix, who I accidentally hunted the first time. At times all three of them were going bananas in the same area. Forced me to learn to use dung pods properly and I’ll not leave camp without them shits now.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Huhrrrr let's make the final boss unflashable and unmountable.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Wait, you're at the final boss already?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    *Story final boss

Shot up to HR 29 straight after. I've been way too distracted.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Great great game this is. Unfortunately though it really bores when on ones own. A real shame it didn't take with more of the Xbox crew - In fact the general Xbox community seems to be very small. The majority of my friends list is full of ARPG fiends and MMO players but none of them seem to have taken to MH.

I've dumped over 100 hours in at this stage and will continue to hunt but not being a part of a community sucks the joy from a lot of the game for me. I love being in a clan and working together as a group and enjoying chasing builds and items together. Seems like you lot on PS4 are really having a good time which is great.

In hindsight I regret buying the Xbox One X - should have gone with the PS4 Pro for games like these, as that's where the communities are strongest.
  • Sorry bud - the PS4 squad is open to you, if you fancy making the switch. I’m like you - games like these have little appeal when it comes to solo play. It’s fun for a bit, aye, but it’s far, far better in a party chat and a list of goals you and your partners can work towards.

The offer is open.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Thank you Cinty, much appreciated.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    In what is very exciting news for me today I've managed to stop my Pro from turning into jet engine levels of noise when firing up good ol' MonHun. 

Had a launch edition model and had tried a quick dust of the fan to little effect but had a look about and noticed that you can get access to the heatsink enough if you also pop out the PSU. All it takes is a few Torx screws and a can of air to blow the vanes clear and BINGO.. we're back to dull hummm when in all areas of MonHun. 

This is amazing news for me..I basically had to use closed headphones to play the bleeding thing as I could hear it two rooms away. I accept that it may not change many others worlds. Unless that is your old PS4 is also getting a bit loud. Spring clean the bastard.. you may not need to go the full thermal paste surgery yet.  

It has sadly not yet made it so that my keyboard pops up when I want to type out some chat so it's still using custom edited shoutouts for me.. not sure I can fix that problem with a can of air and some natty screwdrivers.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've decided to become a doot bro.

Any suggestions on what to get for my first decent horn?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • isanbard wrote:
    In what is very exciting news for me today I've managed to stop my Pro from turning into jet engine levels of noise when firing up good ol' MonHun. 

Had a launch edition model and had tried a quick dust of the fan to little effect but had a look about and noticed that you can get access to the heatsink enough if you also pop out the PSU. All it takes is a few Torx screws and a can of air to blow the vanes clear and BINGO.. we're back to dull hummm when in all areas of MonHun. 

This is amazing news for me..I basically had to use closed headphones to play the bleeding thing as I could hear it two rooms away. I accept that it may not change many others worlds. Unless that is your old PS4 is also getting a bit loud. Spring clean the bastard.. you may not need to go the full thermal paste surgery yet.  

It has sadly not yet made it so that my keyboard pops up when I want to type out some chat so it's still using custom edited shoutouts for me.. not sure I can fix that problem with a can of air and some natty screwdrivers.

I really appreciate this dude, monhun is so loud I’ve had to stop playing so much when the kids are in bed...

Will give it a go tonight!
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ay JellyBean it's a night and day difference for me. I didn't even have to disconnect the PSU just lift it up and out the way, blow a good hoof of air through the vanes of the heatsink, gave the fanblades a quick once over with an earbud and back together sharpish. 

Didn't take long at all. 

I've gone the full thermal paste route with the old launch PS4 way back when and that had some decent enough results but it's a whole hell of a lot more of a faff. It getting a bit noisy again too so I might crack that open later to see if I can get away with the same psu trick.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    I've decided to become a doot bro.

Any suggestions on what to get for my first decent horn?

Are you still low rank? The Pukei horn has a humongous poison stat and Earplugs which is never a bad buff and lasts ages. The three note heal doots mean you're giving supplementary heals while fighting as well which is better than reapplying the same buffs typically.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The insect horn is also a solid for good paralysis and stamina reduction which will cause dual swords to immediately fire off friend requests. And embarrassing Diablos or yourself withsonic waves. Depending on your timing.

You don't really need to fret about attack or damage + till HR.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I'm still low rank. A few missions into Rotten Vale.

Thanks, I'll have a gander at those two. Had the mats to get a Great Horn II straight away but figured I'd check here for what to aim for.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Got my first warrior streamstone today, and it's for the switchaxe! Can't use it yet (I think) as I haven't fully ugraded any of my two axes yet.

Really need to focus more on tempered investigations it seems.

Gonna do some Arena stuff now, not really looked into that yet. Hopefully I won't end up with even more weapons to make...
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Well the horn is great fun. I rather enjoy being a lot more specific on attacks and locations thereof.

Got a pukei and a vespoid horn up to II, just need one poison and paralysis sac to get the next levels of both.

I'm HR9, proper noob, and is Diablos the first big spike? I couldn't get anywhere near him yesterday and so far, none of the others have caused me this much grief.
  • Yeah - a fair few people got stuck on diablos. If you’re not a lance or ranger user, he can cause real issues.
  • Please join me in welcoming our newest Squad member - Mr. Mostly Harmless.
  • Should have joined as the 42nd member.
  • Haha.

Thanks for the runs this morning Cinty. Great fun. I'm enjoying the kinsect lances, great attacks and mobility.
  • Xbox call to arms!  @Blueswirl, @Olimite, need to induct you into our little squad.  When are you both next on?

I've been rediscovering an Elite: Dangerous obsession but will be back on MH today.
  • Had a sleeping Nerg and tried to capture it...nope got wrecked. He just made my shit list and is going to meet my friend, Kadachi Strikebow.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Xbox call to arms!  @Blueswirl, @Olimite, need to induct you into our little squad.  When are you both next on?

It's a bit awkward, but if you guys have a time that fits you, I should be able to organise myself around that.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Had a sleeping Nerg and tried to capture it...nope got wrecked. He just made my shit list and is going to meet my friend, Kadachi Strikebow.

You can't capture Elder Dragons :)
  • I've loaded up on bombs for my next run.

Still really enjoying playing this single player, but do feel I'm missing a lot of the fun in multi. I think my goal is to beat everything unique once, then I'll be looking to squad up every time. Hope TCers are still playing at that time.
  • Think I'll be playing for a good while yet. Time difference here makes it awkward for MP sessions though. I'm usually on about 3-5pm UK time and then a bit before bed, but chatting isn't always an option (it's a small house). Weekend afternoons are usually fine though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!