Monster Hunter
  • Yes, just bagged the
    Spoiler:
    Took me down to my last life and through quite a few resources. Great fight.
  • You me and my bro are similar HR, we should squad up soon!
  • Yes. If we can find a mutually convenient time.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Think @Childintime's holiday will be over soon, so if he won't be around anymore during his mornings I will probably jump on more often during UK evenings. Happy to squad up and join people on their story / optional quests.

There will be a live broadcast on March 14 8pm (not sure which time zone, its Monster Hunter JP that tweeted it) with info about the spring update. Exciting.
    There's also an event quest announced to collect x number of mushrooms, but it has an HR requirement of 30. What the hell do they think will show up?
  • Giving myself a week off this, partly because of burnout but mainly a lack of free time, due shift work & fam stuff. Hoping to kick off again the weekend & the first things to do on the list are finish off the remaining Grimalkynes shiz, make my part breaker hunt clobber & hunt the last Elder on my list.
  • Nina wrote:
    @Bollock, let me know if you want to do him in multi player, I'm up for a couple more of him (read, I need parts).

The bow's a fun weapon, but I do feel like it takes the longest to kill a monster with.

Aye, played bow over the last 3/4 games in the series & it can be a chore, but to me it just feels right in these games to go that way. It is an education when I watch my lad take down Azure in just over 4 mins(I think if I was even close to his HR & kit, I still wouldnt get close to that time rocking bow), but i'm to stubborn to change so that's on me.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    What's your kid using? I'm usually going flash bombs and sns against Azure (or any family member) it's just a lot of fun. Flashing Azure is actually a bit hard, so might need to switch.
    Watch a lot of Maestro Nox videos, he uses sns and that really makes me doubt my abilities. He only takes more than 10 minutes if it's a multi monster quest.

Had a good double bow quest against the bomber last night with Child. Not the quickest, but it's the safest way to fight him I think. It's certainly a weapon I'll pick up more often, need to work on that charge evade though (probably into dragon piercer). I don't really get it yet.
    We broke a lot of parts too, which is a really nice bonus.
    Mainly using bow at my own when I want to relax with the game and expedition is too relaxing. It's a good way to learn the moves too. SnS is so up close that I have a lot of in-monster-camera-view. (I know, doing it wrong, if I would feel comfortable shield bashing the head more I'd get a better camera position, but I'm just playing chicken and stab them in the heels, hoping it will trip and I can shield bash the head for just a little bit)
  • Long sword is his weapon of choice this gen. Kid is a sweat.

Your bow & relax method is the main reason I use it. I mainly play these games solo, well that is till I finish the story(I like to know if I can handle/learn all the game has before dipping in) I will play multi if I'm chasing a rare carve/drop, but for the most part, just love chilling in the environment, taking in the sights & sounds with my trusty palico with my bow slung on my back.

I find ground shooting a flash at Azure deals with its quick movement better than an air shot, as let's be honest, he's on you from start to fin.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Good call on the ground flash, hadn't thought of that. It's so fun dropping the monster in front of Child and then seeing that dragon piercer walk over the body. Need to work on my own positing still while flashing, I'm often to far away to get to it which enough. It's so much fun using the flash bomb and sns combo though.

Long Sword ehh, have only tried that in the demo, felt really good. Curtis uses it too.
    Hate it when people use it online though, they're always in the way. Doesn't matter how much in jumping around, there's always a long sword user around to trip you. Just go and cut tails, let me bash the head with my shield for some ko damage.
  • Internet is down completely for me at the mo - waiting for a dude to come have a look at it, sometime in the next 24 hours. So, won’t be online to co-op until later in the day, at the earliest. Sorry @nina.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That's ok, hopefully they'll fix it properly, you were getting some disconnects lately anyway.

Gonna make a gathering set and chill in the game for a bit, maybe annoy randoms with my sns wiggler support.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    You back online? I'm having dinner in a bit but could probably jump on after that if you've missed the hunts.

(this is if B doesn't want to play anything, if he's gonna suggest Nidhogg 2 I'm gonna cry)
  • I can be online in a bit, sure.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nice, I've had my food and B is cursing at his laptop (he got as far as starting it) so will be busy.
  • Thanks for the hunts, Nina and Ayns - super tight fights, those.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, was good to hunt with you both. I often miss Ayns, usually see him going offline just when I arrive.

Got a non-elemental boost decoration. Very happy with that. Was a good day,  made my gathering set, finished the gajalaka (or whatever they're are) quest, got a red complete in 6* and got a new 7* and 9* quest, upgraded weapons, picked up tempered tracks. Need to figure out fishing  got a request for a platinum fish but haven't been paying attention. No clue where to get it 

Does anyone here have the canteen filled with every ingredient?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Need to figure out fishing  got a request for a platinum fish but haven't been paying attention. No clue where to get it

Elder's Recess. Starting camp. Do a 180°. Crawl into the cave. Veer left. Drop down twice. There's a semi-circular pool of water. Platinum Fish are right at the back near the waterfall splashes.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I have all the ingredients!  They're mostly found by gathering at the special points in each map (flowerbed, cactus, amber etc) and by finding a special one that spawns in a set location whenever there's an upsurge.  Plus a few rare creatures you need to capture.

I had most of them by the time I started trying  to complete the canteen but I used this food guide and this endemic life guide to get the last few.

Is there a rotten vale hunt-a-thon quest up?  I need my crowns!  Got a giant gold crown Kirin yesterday so I was glad to tick that one off.  He was large.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Ooohhh, so I only need to get an ingredient once for it to be permanently available in the kitchen?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Subb what platform you playing on?
  • Speedhaak wrote:

He’s PS4.
  • Subbax wrote:
    Ooohhh, so I only need to get an ingredient once for it to be permanently available in the kitchen?

Yeah - grab / do once and it’s there forever.
  • Thanks for the hunts, Nina and Ayns - super tight fights, those.

Always happy to give my horn an airing in the morning.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    He’s PS4.

Okay :)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks Curtis and Dubs. Figures it should be elder recess for the fish. Haven't done much exploring there, started last night but then it turned night and I could finish the gajalaka quest.

I've saved the two guides for now, I always thought ingredients would be rewards for (delivery) quests, but after getting a new one from a cactus yesterday I started wondering. Think my gathering set has some ability to make the rare spots easier to find/show up more, so that's nice.

Guessing Rotten Vale big crown will be this week for the events? I've stupidly ignored them, doing them only once or twice. It was Wildspire and Coral the last two weeks.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I'm PS4 but recent events will have me on for handfuls of time, if at all.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The Triple Threat Special Arena quest is back at the reset, and its an amazing money-earner for you Bandit Mantle fiends. 

Just remember to pause every now & again to pick up the gold, because too much on-screen and it starts disappearing.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm online now @Childintime, just gonna have some goes at the money quest
  • Nina wrote:
    I'm online now @Childintime, just gonna have some goes at the money quest

Ok - coming online in 2 mins.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!