CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The 9* Mushroom Event Quest that's on this week is designed specifically for collecting Tempered Footprints. So be sure to equip 'Scoutfly Range Up' and 'Scholar' (for the invisible XP bar). 

I just got 3 new Tempered Investigations from 10 mins wandering around the Forest.
  • Toppling Nerg solo was a good feeling. I especially liked the moment I got a close-range, charged-up spread-shot of electric arrows to all hit him between the eyes, shattering the horns and knocking it down. 

I've killed him once and have over 20 of some of his materials, praise the palarang.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    Xbox call to arms!  @Blueswirl, @Olimite, need to induct you into our little squad.  When are you both next on?
    It's a bit awkward, but if you guys have a time that fits you, I should be able to organise myself around that.

I'm pretty free and easy, tend to try and grab a bit of morning time every so often as well, although things are getting busier work-wise.  Next time I see you on, I'll fire you an invite; no hassle or chatting required, if you just join my game, I'll invite you to the squad, and then from then on just join the squad session when you want to play.   Sorry if that's telling you to suck eggs, but it's nice and quick and means we then have the option of helping out in various ways.  So nice to have the drop-in drop-out totally optional co-op stuff. 
    JonB wrote:
    Think I'll be playing for a good while yet. Time difference here makes it awkward for MP sessions though. I'm usually on about 3-5pm UK time and then a bit before bed, but chatting isn't always an option (it's a small house). Weekend afternoons are usually fine though.

XB1 or PS4?  If XB1, see above!
    I've loaded up on bombs for my next run. Still really enjoying playing this single player, but do feel I'm missing a lot of the fun in multi. I think my goal is to beat everything unique once, then I'll be looking to squad up every time. Hope TCers are still playing at that time.

Also see above!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Curtis wrote:
    The 9* Mushroom Event Quest that's on this week is designed specifically for collecting Tempered Footprints. So be sure to equip 'Scoutfly Range Up' and 'Scholar' (for the invisible XP bar). 

I just got 3 new Tempered Investigations from 10 mins wandering around the Forest.
    Think Gaijin said you can get Scholar from a headpiece. Tbh, I did the quest twice with @Cinty and the tracks seem to be in the same spot.

Event quest for over two weeks are also announced, and there's gonna be something similar but for elder dragon tempered quests.

So might be worth to save the scout fly / scholar set for future use
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Yes, all the tracks are in the same spot, so once you do it a few times you can work out the most efficient lap.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I stupidly tried to tackle Odogaron in exploration to get that sweet armour but couldn't get him down quick enough. Not getting that time back.
    Pretty sure I unlocked an investigation whilst doing so. Swings and roundabouts.

Decided the upgrade to pukei doot III and going to farm paralysis sacs for vespoid III.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Yeah, investigations can be a pain for farming.  The monsters bugger off and often leave as you are tracking them.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    You mean Expeditions. 

You shouldn't be chasing random Monsters around the map during Expeditions - you should sniff out their footprints, gather resources en route, and then go back to base. 

The more you investigate, the more Investigations you unlock (get it?). Investigations are how you rinse-repeat a certain monster for all its parts.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I know. I was doing some collecting and saw him.
  • Lol, yup I meant expeditions.
  • Spent a number of hours on this today but didn't really make any progress through the main story.

Ended up dropping into others' quests at some points (and probably getting in the way more than anything) and doing optional stuff. But it's all fun.

And good to see some other badgers with their horns.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Ah, were you the fluffy lance hunter who helped me with Odogaron? Thanks!

I'm the belt piece away from the full set now. A few claws from the vespoid III too.

Then it's back to hanging my head on Diablos!
  • Yes, I have my full set of high level Lumu gear now. Pink and fluffy.

Finished up yesterday repeating a high rank Rathian hunt about 4 times. Now have a pretty beefy poison gun lance.
  • Trying to do Nergigante now. Failed twice so far. Annoying because I was pretty clinical for the first half of the fight then lost all 3 lives quickly due to some cheapo attacks that can wipe you out instantly.
  • JonB wrote:
    Trying to do Nergigante now. Failed twice so far. Annoying because I was pretty clinical for the first half of the fight then lost all 3 lives quickly due to some cheapo attacks that can wipe you out instantly.

You still about? I’d be happy to jump on and help.

• Thanks for the hunts today Curtis, Dubs and Jon. All good fun. Glad we got that Nergi done, Jon. Was hard to hear you at the end, tbh, but you did better against him than I did when I first started fighting him. I missed my first carve because I just carted when Daq finished him off!

On a personal note - now have 3 armour setups for 3 weapons that I’m switching between, namely the bow, lance and hammer. No min-maxing - all designed for fun and group utility. Loving this game.
  • Yes, thanks for the help there. He's a tricky bugger to finish off.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm doing random tempered Vaal sos-es for the weekly bounty. Just got a Insect Glaive /Bow streamstone. Nice. Gonna use it for a bow I think, but which one...?

Edit, lol just got another elementless boost jewel. Give me protective polish!
    Also got a tempered Vaal quest myself, it's hr50, so if anyone wants to team up for that one let me know.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Finally got a giant Lavasioth, praise be.  Fuck fighting that thing ever again, I'm sure he wasn't that annoying in Gen and I remember doing that quest a lot because everyone wanted the pirate armour.  Slinger torches are your best friend as they keep his complexion soft and radiant.  Any fire damage will do along with gunlance shells and probably other things, ranged is cheating.
  • Tempered Lavasioth is a proper dick, aye.
  • Thanks to Nina and Ayns for the hunts - managed to drop 3 of the same elder dragon in about an hour, trying to break the head and get some bloody horns. Success, in the end, once Hornbro turned up and we were about to double-smash it’s poor cranium.
  • Is giant when you get a crown? Pretty sure I got one the first time I 'helped' you with one of those lavasioths, Dubs.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, there are silver small and large crowns, and golden small and large crowns. There's trophies attached to getting all gold for every monster. I've always hated lavasioth. Same for plesioth, hope he won't show his face.

@Child/Ayns: I'm not done yet with him, need 1 more horn for my last armor piece, and 5 more for the hammer! Happy with my 3 gems though.

I've decided to just make an armour set for every useful sns I have, with the elemental / status attack up. Got my dragon attack up (death stench set), ice attack only needs one more piece. I'm sure I'll have changed my mind by next week, but I got sick of looking the same every match. I'm even trying to match my armor pigment to the weapon.

I need a bigger wishlist...
  • Nina wrote:
    Yeah, there are silver small and large crowns, and golden small and large crowns. There's trophies attached to getting all gold for every monster.
    OK, didn't realise there were different colours. Guess it was a silver one I got.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    If you want to check them, you can see it in your Hunters Log and in your Guild Card.

(unrelated, am I right that China doesn't have daylight saving and the UK will not switch for a few weeks? We switched last night and I'm all confused now).
  • Yeah, China has no daylight savings.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Had a good weekend on this. pretty much have most of the CB's I want so I've started crafting some Sw'Sh's -  quite like that you have access to KO dmg as well and have very frequent status application. A nice little weapon. Other than that just been farming mats doing what I can. I joined a club on the Xbox but there are all a bit too 'internet kid' for me with the slang and what not.

Think the next plan of action is to get the Sw'Sh developed and finish off my Earplugs and Tank sets. Just finished my Crit set which was doing some real nice dmg with my Devastation Thorns (Weakness exploit, ATT and Crit). 

This would honestly sit in my top 5 games if more people (anyone) on Xbox played it. Super stuff! :)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Struggling to find the enthusiasm to finish the campaign solo, it's so dull. The hobbled co-op story has pushed it down the bottom of my current pile. Sea of Thieves next week too.

Plus, I've been painting little fantasy models in my spare time so....
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nerd.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!