PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    His wife said nonsense so I believe her what
  • Based on my mortgage rate £2000 a month would be a £750,000 mortgage.
  • either way he came across as an utter cunt
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    I didn't watch it.

But outside of that your maths suggest some rich ass life.
  • It's all relative though folks. This guy might feel his 80k a year isn't enough, Ashley Cole left arsenal because he was offered that per week.
    SFV - reddave360
  • He may have expensive lunches? A fruit machines addiction...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Exactly that. People fill out their salaries as they see fit with expenses. Those expenses become part of life and therefore they dont see themselves as special. It's human,but myopic.
  • That guy on QT is proof that people will totally buy into the most nonsensical party political bullshit pushed their way if it lines up with their thoughts or opinions.

This guy earns 80k doing whatever he does but feels like his quality of life doesn't align with what he expects someone in the top 5% to be like, in his case all doctors and solicitors constitute these kinds of jobs (maybe they once did before deregulated financial investment). I bet this guy is possibly the sole wage earner, putting loads of his cash into his 4 bed house with his kids at uni and he goes on holiday once or twice a year and he has a merc/audi/whatever on lease maybe 2 one for him one for his wife and he can afford to impulse buy stuff like clothes or electrics and go out to eat kinda whenever he feels like it. He probably imagines that the top 5% of wage earners basically must all be earning fat six figure salaries and money is basically no longer a problem.

All he really showed was how fucking far the standard of living and average wage has been depressed in this country. I was honestly shocked myself to learn that 80k puts you in the top 5% when you consider the likes of personal sports people, all the wanker bankers and company execs out there.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Average salary for a solicitor is £50k fwiw
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Which, let's not fuck around is more than I earn, but he has this myopic view, and I'm going to tie this onto education,that those who go through uni automatically are in the elite. I'll wager he has not gone to uni, and has "scrapped" his way up and doesn't realise that £80k is like double what I earn. Fuck him.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    There are many reasons I can't bear to watch Question Time. This guy in the audience makes me want to strangle him, and his smug wife.

toss pot

But the worst aspect is how badly Burgon (who remember, is a member of the shadow cabinet and should know his shit) handles it, even when the points have been clarified. The answer is direct and easy: 

"you're wrong. If you earn more than £80K you are in the top 5%, this is a simple fact, and your wrong opinion on the matter is not relevant. And as someone who earns in the top 5%, are you really making such a fuss about a few hundred quid a year? Because that reflects on you buddy, not our tax policy." Shut that shit down, then and only then should he ponce on about billionaires and corporations.

Our politicians, or at least the ones shoved on camera, are simply not educated, smart, or brave enough, and QT proves this week after week until I crai

It's not that simple. People don't think about it this way. There are posters here, over time, who I realise are roleplaying a rich dude, or anticipating their big pay day when their work pays off. They don't see this as a 5% of the population thing, they see it as me in two years. It's stupid but there you go.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • And income isn't everything. You could be in the top 5% of earners and be leveraged up to the hilt, feel insecure cos you can get sacked at any point, etc etc.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • And income isn't everything. You could be in the top 5% of earners and be leveraged up to the hilt, feel insecure cos you can get sacked at any point, etc etc.

I totally think that's what QT guy is experiencing.

Hes a cunt though either way.

Someone call up the graph of wage stagnation against increasing corporate profits over the last 40 years.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • All that can be said for certain is that instead of just googling salaries he went on nation TV and yelled about it accusing others of being liars when in fact he was misinformed.

Then even when told he was wrong, by not just the Labour MP but Fiona Bruce and several audience members he entrenched in his opinion.

And some bozo is paying him £80k+.

Maybe he should feel insecure in his job, he is a thick cunt.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    My ears prick up at this guy (as intended, I'm sure), and I'm sure he said something to the effect of:

'You're saying the top 5%? £80,000, right? But I bet that means people like me on less getting a higher tax bill...'

That's what I thought...

Let me go check that...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    No. I'm mistaken... Carry on.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    he is a thick cunt.
    And that's the point, he is a cunt.
    He makes £80K a year and instead of being thankful he can feed and cloth himself / family he is on national TV giving it big licks about how corbyn is going to rob him of his livelyhood

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    He's definitely a plant.
    Could well be how he makes his money...
  • He's definitely a plant.

A potato plant.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    He makes it as an IT cuntsultant and professional motorbike racer.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/bbc-question-time-man-who-20935155.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true

Lol that he was there with his mam, and is actually only 36. Being that dense must really take it out of you.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Solely on salary which is what the manifesto addressed.

Yep, not questioning that, just trying to show why it might appear to be low at first glance.
  • Worked in IT for 20 years, still no idea what an "IT Consultant" is

• Damn, get fucking rekt my guy. How can you be a champion bike racer, part own a team with your dad and still affect the "downtrodden, hard working, working class brit" mentality!?

Truly he has drunk the kool aid of social media political propaganda and reads the daily mail.
  • I hope he falls off.
  • No wonder he feels poor he is fucking about with motorsport which is an obscenely expensive hobby.
    It must be a hobby though, he is PAYE so wont be taking money out of the team.
  • ah the top gear generation

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What this guy needs to do now is hold his hands up, admit he was wrong and had absolutely no idea that he was actually far better off than 95% of British workers. I can't blame him for being ignorant of that if it doesn't feel that way to him, but now he's been proven wrong he needs to take stock and review his opinions.
  • He lives in Bury as well. How much is a 4 bed place up there? £50?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!