The British Politics Thread
  • You had to register last week to go.

Let's hope him being here brings out the Labour voters tomorrow, he came in 2017 and got a good reaction. Last election we dethroned a Tory but only by about 800 votes of around 50,000 total.
  • Johnson came here but I dont think he went anywhere near the public. He got whisked away to a new build housing estate.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fuck the BBC

This.

They have just given up haven’t they. I used to think they were balanced and impartial but someone is paying senior editors a shit load of cash to pus the Tory story.

I’m enjoying C4 coverage tbf.

• MattyJ wrote:
    BBC reporter: "if Boris wins the majority he so deserves" https://twitter.com/thepileus/status/1204845723491196928

In this instance, I think she's trying to portray the Conservatives’ viewpoint, but it’s badly put across.
  • So, anyone staying up tomorrow night...?
  • Depends how it goes.
    It would be great to be there to see Raab lose his seat live but it is hopeful thinking.
  • I've been following the story of the Labour candidate in Johnson's constituency. Really rate him. Will hope to stay up and see him win, at least.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Close the thread until 10pm tomorrow.

Everything is depressing me so give me a window
  • Oh and just in case anyone is still undecided

https://tactical.vote
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m going Labour. However they only got 30% in my constituency in 2017 vs the tories. Let’s hope enough of those conservative voters have moved away due to Johnson, but I doubt it.
  • I've been following the story of the Labour candidate in Johnson's constituency. Really rate him. Will hope to stay up and see him win, at least.
    It would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons.
    It isn't the most marginal seat but isn't safe either and Johnson pissed a lot of his voters off over Heathrow expansion.
  • I know this bucks the trend in Glasgow, but my constituency is actually pretty close between SNP and Labour. I’d be okay with either winning to be honest, and I know our local SNP chap is a good guy, but if there’s a chance of putting one more Labour MP in a Westminster seat, then I have to think of that bigger picture and go for it.

I’m lucky in that I can make that choice without worrying about the Tories having a hope in hell here.
  • I saw a poll about Johnson’s constituency that had him 9 points ahead of Labour which was the exact share of the vote going to the Lib Dem’s and Green.
  • Hmmm, so that Con advert I mentioned earlier on my Facebook page. Popped up again. It is an official Con advert, stated as such by Facebook.
    It says households will pay £325k inheritance tax under Labour, which is hilarious, most people wont leave that much let alone have that much taxed on it.

Anyway 137 comments, every single one of them anti-Conservative.
  • They’re targeting the dumb and ignorant with stuff like that though.

Well, with most of their campaign really.

“We’ve spent fuck all for nine years but give us another chance and we’ll suddenly flood the streets with money...”
  • I have the misplaced optimism of an England world cup campaign. C'mon lads!
  • Im starting to feel the same.
    Im gonna run with it, 24 hours of hope, why not when we will have 5 years of misery.
  • Kevin-Keegan.jpg

“I will love it, LOVE IT...” etc
  • I’m prepared for disappointment.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Look to Oz for your form guide.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Steady on, it’s not that bad.
  • I’m going for a hung parliament, only just. Mainly down to optimism but also because the tories have run a truly terrible campaign and I’m hoping there are enough newly registered actual voters to make a difference. I’m dubious about so-called undecideds. Every time you read an interview they seem pretty clearly decided one way or another.
  • The kuensberg reveal of postal votes is a downer though
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    I’m going for a hung parliament, only just. Mainly down to optimism but also because the tories have run a truly terrible campaign and I’m hoping there are enough newly registered actual voters to make a difference. I’m dubious about so-called undecideds. Every time you read an interview they seem pretty clearly decided one way or another.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please!
  • I would fuck a duck for a hung parliament at this point.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    The kuensberg reveal of postal votes is a downer though

I'm not too stressed about it.
    I don't trust a word that comes out of her mouth.
  • Wonder if she’ll have a big finale planned for early tomorrow.

“Now over to our senior political editor, Laura Kuenssberg for her final thoughts on this election campaign...”

*Cut to Laura burning Labour voting slips live on screen from the back of a BBC outside broadcast van*
  • "We at the BBC are sorry, the burning of votes was clearly a mistake. Don't forget you can still vote in the big Strictly Final, Saturday 8pm"
  • Pollsters as a whole haven’t got an election right in the U.K. since 2010. Although that’s as a whole. Just by variation there’s one that gets pretty close. But there’s always some aspect they miss. Unusually I don’t even trust the exit poll that much this time, given how many seats are churning around from Brexit - Corbyn - Johnson dynamics. There’s a lot of new registrations.

But I dunno. I just think the idiots in Labour seats will do it for the Tories. I don’t trust them to see through Johnson. They don’t trust him but they do trust him to pursue Brexit as vigorously as possible and (rightly imo) see Labours plan as only possibly leading to Remain. And that’s all they seem to give a shit about.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!