Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The Tories really milking the post-Brexit sovereignty by... voting to not have any say in future trade negotiations. Yup, to have less sway. Genius.
  • Hey can someone read the russia report for me, I'm busy watching a contractor wash his hands in the beaurocracy of hands off delegation of services to a third party with little to no oversight at the Grenfell inquiry. 

thx
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Hey can someone read the russia report for me, I'm busy watching a contractor wash his hands in the beaurocracy of hands off delegation of services to a third party with little to no oversight at the Grenfell inquiry.  thx

From what I can gather the main outcome of the Russia report is that we don't know whether the Russians tried to interfere with the Brexit vote because no-one actually bothered to try and find out.
  • I cheated and started multi tasking. 

I have enjoyed this paragraph amongst others:

50. What is now clear is that it was in fact counter-productive, in that it offered ideal
    mechanisms by which illicit finance could be recycled through what has been referred to as
    the London ‘laundromat’. The money was also invested in extending patronage and building
    influence across a wide sphere of the British establishment – PR firms, charities, political
    interests, academia and cultural institutions were all willing beneficiaries of Russian money,
    contributing to a ‘reputation laundering’ process. In brief, Russian influence in the UK is
    ‘the new normal’, and there are a lot of Russians with very close links to Putin who are well
    integrated into the UK business and social scene, and accepted because of their wealth. This
    level of integration – in ‘Londongrad’ in particular – means that any measures now being
    taken by the Government are not preventative but rather constitute damage limitation.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Keep an eye for what else gets announced today not regarding the Russia report.
  • Oh? Like last night MPs voting to get rid of the clause that protects the NHS from being "on the table" at trade talks with the US?

Or maybe the pay rise announced for public sector workers that actually doesn't include nurses or carers?
  • Yeah like that.
  • Carers got a clap though. And some pots ‘n’ pans related banging. And still they demand more?!

I feel like just burying my head in the sand and avoiding everything until this government somehow fall, it’s so demoralising. They stink like a festering, bloated corpse and yet somehow the British electorate can’t even seem to smell it.
  • Worse, they like the smell.
  • Saw a good video on twitter earlier, a few years ago the conservatives started up a forum called "The Conservative Friends of Russia"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminster_Russia_Forum#Activities_of_the_Conservative_Friends_of_Russia

Holy fucking shit lmao.

AlwaysHasBeen.meme

etc.
  • So inclusion the Russian report is inconclusive
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • So inclusion the Russian report is inconclusive

Pretty sure it's the opposite?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • All those decades Russia spent trying to infiltrate agents and take over the West via ideology, when they could've just pushed a wheelbarrow full of dirty money into the heart of London and shouted "anyone know where I can launder this?" and got the job done in ten minutes.
  • Anyone for watching Hypernormalisation tonight then?
  • MattyJ wrote:
    So inclusion the Russian report is inconclusive
    Is it?
    The summary seems to be "There might have been some russian interference on Brexit but no one checked"

• Also will we ever get a Covid inquiry?  Can't see them authroising it as it's not going to be pretty for this shower of shite

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    One would hope pmq tomorrow acknowledged them but that's all that will happen, acknowledge, fudge around, say some meaningless shit, move on to the next phase
  • MattyJ wrote:
    So inclusion the Russian report is inconclusive
    Is it? The summary seems to be "There might have been some russian interference on Brexit but no one checked"

Better summary:

“We strongly believe there was Russian interference in the Brexit vote.”

“Well, we didn’t see any.”

“Did you look for any?”

“Lol, no.”

“And will you allow us to have a look on your behalf?”

“Absolutely fucking not.”
  • Anyone for watching Hypernormalisation tonight then?

Yeah, sadly.
  • Nothing matters anymore. Short of someone digging up a photo of Johnson accepting a suitcase full of cash from Putin and the suitcase has the word ‘Bribe’ written on it.
  • He’d get away with that even. Some bluster about how it’s actually Russia investing in Great Britain. How much it shows they value and need us.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    One would hope pmq tomorrow acknowledged them but that's all that will happen, acknowledge, fudge around, say some meaningless shit, move on to the next phase
    I wouldn't even give them that much credit.
    Bohnson will just make some horrific joke about umbrellas.
  • poprock wrote:
    He’d get away with that even. Some bluster about how it’s actually Russia investing in Great Britain. How much it shows they value and need us.
    “The word ‘bribe’ emblazoned on that suitcase was an acronym. British Russian International Buddies - Excellent.”

• bung a bob to boris!
  • Roujin wrote:
    bung a bob to boris!
    Fuck, I had forgotten about bung a Bob for Big Ben
    The utter and continued farce of the last 4 years just blurs into one continued shit show

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    bung a bob to boris!

Please don’t
  • hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The sheer bare faced dissembling cuntery of these fuckers is astounding. Shan't Grapps, the transport minister, on the BBC right now is saying that although the report says unequivocally that no-one was looking for interference by Russia, that in fact 'they are looking all of the time, 24/7' and the report is wrong. Asked three times, he stated that the opposite of what the report stated was actually the case.

What's the fucking point?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • my philosopical view is that globaly we need to go through this shit show of being goverend by charlatans before we collectively wake up to the real issue (the environment).

• I'd prefer if we just didn't go through the shitshow, I don't fancy trying to have to do a peasants revolt in an age where the landed gentry are backed up by a 21st century military.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!