PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Really want this but I'm going away Thursday night so I'm gonna wait. Maybe. Tesco isn't that far...

Me too but I couldn't resist. Bought it this morning :)
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I fucking cocked that opening mission up so I guess I'm going to role-play Jensen as a bumbling buffoon

Not just me then!
    Spoiler:
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I fucking cocked that opening mission up so I guess I'm going to role-play Jensen as a bumbling buffoon

Not just me then!
    Spoiler:

I completed that mission in quick time easy as pie
    Spoiler:

I absolutely squealed like a lame fan just afterwards
    Spoiler:

My days that was amaaaaazing.
  • Going in today for a lengthy session once I've picked it up in a hour or so. Even going to make a giant sandwich before I start, an entire baguette full of nice things should last me.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I'm liking it fairly well so far. It's not as god as the original by any stretch of the imagination and the AI is beyond retarded. See below an video of me sneaking up on someone and realising at the last minute you can't punch someone without energy (?) - but it's okay, I just circle strafed the bad guy until it replenished. 

https://youtu.be/lH3bto-D7vE
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It's still a good game but I'm just not putting up with any shit any more. Gonna be totally vocal on my disappointments.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    It's still a good game but I'm just not putting up with any shit any more. Gonna be totally vocal on my disappointments.

You can't do that dude, totally ok for devs etc to lie to us, didn't you know? Actually is that only if they're a small team? Or if really it's an indie game wrongly being sold for £50? Or is it some other nonsense now I can't remember...

Really enjoying this. Not perfect or even amazing, but it's very good. The fashion is awesome too.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Really enjoying this. Not perfect or even amazing, but it's very good. The fashion is awesome too.

Yeah it is good. The diversity of ways you can take on tasks is great. Just disappointing were still dealing with rubbish AI that has a time limit on how long it will search for you (but you can pretty much hide right next to them) before miraculously forgetting you were there upon reaching that time limit threshold :)

The core mechanics are nice though and I'm liking the stealth, however the character control and mantling / jumping about leaves a lot to be desired after playing games like Mirror's Edge/ Doom recently :)

Glad you're enjoying it.
  • If they wanted to they could make the Ai ostensibly really great but really boring.
  • regmcfly wrote:

Not just me then!
    Spoiler:

Got half of it done but struggling with the first mission proper
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:

You can't do that dude, totally ok for devs etc to lie to us, didn't you know? Actually is that only if they're a small team? Or if really it's an indie game wrongly being sold for £50? Or is it some other nonsense now I can't remember...

I don't think anyone has said it's OK for devs to lie have they? You probably should have pulled them up in whatever thread it was said.

Also, how can a game 'wrongly be sold' for any price? You look at the game and determine the value of it and how much you're willing to pay, if it's not what they're selling it for, you don't buy it. So how is it wrong to sell an indie game for £50?

I wouldn't expect it to be. I mean, going into a game looking for perfection will always lead to disappointment, won't it? I'm sure it's at least as enjoyable as the last one. Has anyone encountered and shit boss fights so far though? That was the big let down for Human Revolution.

@Speedhaak loved that video. He had a bad feeling alright.
  • In your example about making a value judgement on a game and deciding it's not worth it, that is exactly the definition of something being sold at the wrong price, from that person's perspective.  Even if they bought it and loved it, they can still be of the opinion the price was wrong or too high.

I'm waiting until the weekend to decide if i'm in on this, keep the badger comments coming :)
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's the point I'm making Billy, everyone has their own opinion on the value of a game. There's a guy who paid over a grand for NMS and enjoyed it. I'd not have paid that for it myself, but what should they have done with the price to reflect the value for money ratio of everyone who might want to buy the game? Pay what you want like a humble bundle? Why not just stick a price on it for everyone to decide on, like new games have always done?
  • So the point you are making is that games have prices and sometimes people think they are the wrong price?
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    No. The point I'm making is that the price is the price, and you're either happy to pay it or you're not, but it can't be wrong, can it?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I dunno sometimes shops put the wrong price label on and they have to correct it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    On Deus Ex terms I like Prague but the voice acting is guff. In enjoying enough but reckon I'll pie through it then get it trades.
  • Just found an incredibly easy way to finish the climax of the opening level.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    On Deus Ex terms I like Prague but the voice acting is guff. In enjoying enough but reckon I'll pie through it then get it trades.

Yeah, it's graphically weak too. I mean Half Life 2 did the opening 'train station' scene in Deus Ex 12 years ago, and it's graphically not too dissimilar. It is a nice game but with 5 years of development I feel as though perhaps they could have achieved more?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    Just found an incredibly easy way to finish the climax of the opening level.
    Spoiler:
  • I wasn't sure that would save Sinbad so I ended up
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    I wasn't sure that would save Sinbad so I ended up
    Spoiler:

I did that but
    Spoiler:
  • Fuck me I've finally made some progress! Finding the Aug fixing guy was hard but doing anything else was fucking nails - still got a couple of side missions on the go. Going heavy on hacking early doors.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Disappointment is my hobby
  • Bob wrote:
    Fuck me I've finally made some progress! Finding the Aug fixing guy was hard but doing anything else was fucking nails - still got a couple of side missions on the go. Going heavy on hacking early doors.

Getting into seeing him was a pain in the arse to do full stealth. Had to revert to checkpoint a number of times.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You know, that went so much better stealth than the opening for me
  • regmcfly wrote:
    You know, that went so much better stealth than the opening for me

Really? I
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I kind ofdid classic pc gameplay announced a hopped my way in. Pc gaming - run up against object and jump
  • There's a lot of jump height vents.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!