Deus Ex
  • Bob wrote:
    The story is kind of passing me by but the mechanics and world are sweet. Also I'm the expert at finding my way out of places stealthily.. can never find a way in but after I've blitzed my way through the bodies I'll find my way out in silence.

I like this post very much
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Apparently no. What a fucking fail.
  • Completed the game. Used a stun gun and tranquiliser rifle throughout. Got the pacifist achievement. There is a new game + but I can't be arsed going through the game again. A solid 8 out of ten for me.

If I was gonna play from scratch, I'd play on the hardest difficulty and turn alot of the HUD off, think that would be a better experience.
  • Didn't realise that the dlc was on the main menu "Jenson story" "desperate measures". Just started it..
  • One of the neat things has been going on the train car. If you hitch onto a non Augs car you get hasseled by cops. Now I have a choice: rebel and suffer a boring grinding extra cutscene or comply and get through sometimes without the boring thing.

Neat.
  • The dlc is just a bit of the main story branch presented as dlc. Meh. It does emphasis the point that a weaker Jenson and less ammo makes the game better. Also trying to get in and out without raising alarms defo adds to the tension.

@mistercrayon I agree about trainstation but got bored of the cutscene. So I gave in and queued like a good Aug. For Shame.
  • Rebellion must be avoided because it's boring? Can see where the holes are in this game
  • I think you're misunderstanding slightly.

I dunno i think it's a cool (perhaps accident) way of translating a certain subservience to unfair politics.

Like it's easy to say you'd be a rebellious fuck if you were living under an oppressing politic but in reality for the majority of the time I think people will just do what makes their life easier (e.g. In the olden days a brown person may have laughed along with racist jokes because of their ubiquity). So in a PC game they've delayed game enough times every time you rebel so that eventually you just go into the aug car.

Also. It's interesting that the enforcement of the policy is entirely via a bureaucracy. If the policy was enforced via force then Jensen would pummel the shit out of them. It's the repeated application of bureaucracy that has altered my in game behaviour.
  • Thats a good point actually, cheers for that
  • Regarding the train station - people aren't seriously waiting in line, are they?

Just go down the normal stairs and select the aug train carriage. Then punch the guards on your way out.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Paid £38 for this and got £35 in cash at CEX. I'm happy with that :)
  • Vela wrote:
    Regarding the train station - people aren't seriously waiting in line, are they? Just go down the normal stairs and select the aug train carriage. Then punch the guards on your way out.

I've not seen a queue yet!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You'd think living in a post-Paper's Please world all game devs would nail queues now for fucks sake.
  • Queues are DLC, season pass.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I've done about five side missions and not even done the first main mission.
  • Just left Prague with an absolute ton of stuff done there.

Really they should chang the name to voyuerism/larceny simulator 2016. but it's so fun! Scoping out any thing that's hack able so you can run around and find one of the oodles of secrets which may or may not contain something major but will always include something interesting.

There's a email from some creepy fan of a dancer and then when you go to the fans house it's basically a rear window set up.

The level of detail is really something else but also so coherent. It's a small thing but in one place you find a glass of left over whisky and in the house you can find the rest of the bottle. So good.

It also seems like every named person has a house in the game.

Amazing amazing amazing.
  • Is that creepy fan house in the same complex as Jensen's apartment? Ive found one with a telescope, and a separate home with a PC including an email referring to someone as "legs apart" or something.

Also come across a couple of shootouts now and even one which (early side mission/POI spoiler)
    Spoiler:
  • It's a different apartment block but it looks similar.
  • Ahh ok, its the one with the two locked doors in the courtyard near some dude playing games on a tablet?

This is one of those games where the locations and character names bleed into an amorphous blob for me.
  • I can't remember what's in the courtyard but it doesn't have the cultists from jensens block. Both have two garages but the on in jensens are on the short side and the ones in this one are along the longer one.
  • That's the one. 

Had a few bugs last night. Audio kept dropping entirely and the framerate chugs pretty badly in the hub areas eg near the palisade bank. Technically this is pretty disappointing. 

Enjoying the missions though. Did one last night including (spoiler)
    Spoiler:
  • Had a session last night, it's not really gripping me like HR. I don't know whether it's the level design, that I'm not suited to no kill play throughs or it's just not as good.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Finally bought this, hyped as fuck lads. Lads? LADS! DEUS EX!
  • Finally bought this, hyped as fuck lads. Lads? LADS! DEUS EX!

Conspiracy get!
  • I'm waiting for it to be a chalice reckon 5 weeks.
  • Vela wrote:
    Is that creepy fan house in the same complex as Jensen's apartment? Ive found one with a telescope, and a separate home with a PC including an email referring to someone as "legs apart" or something.

Also come across a couple of shootouts now and even one which (early side mission/POI spoiler)
    Spoiler:

actually I fucked it here. I think it IS IN jensens block.
  • I'm having such a good time with this
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Fucking monkeys and cargo belts!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This is just a better HR and I'm fucking delighted :D
  • Had a pretty good go on this today. Did a main mission and a good number of the side missions. I am absolutely loving it. The side missions in particular are fantastic.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!