Deus Ex
  • Bob wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Turn the subtitles on?
    I already had them on but it still doesnt help when you have tiny subtitles and the audio drops out during the dialogue "battles" where you have to choose appropriate responses dependign on the character personality.
    I've got the app for that.. I'd have no chance otherwise. ANYWAY I'M STUCK! most annoyingly I can't even access the in game menu to see what the name of the mission is due to the nature of the mission.
    Spoiler:
    Any ideas?
    Spoiler:

Cheers dude.
    Spoiler:

Haha! I know, i too knew they had to be there for a reason! Always makes me laugh when such a complex game uses such a simple procedure!
  • Looks like the save is fucked. No audible dialogue any more. Taking it back for a refund. 

Invisible War 2
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Fuck sake. Loose headphone cable. 

Crisis averted. I'm a fool.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    Fuck sake. Loose headphone cable.  Crisis averted. I'm a fool.

I love this post like a second, slightly retarded, child.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Vela needs better Augs.

Anyhoo just picked this up from GAME for fifty quid. Can't believe 5 years has passed since the last one. Do hope this is as good.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Vela wrote:
    Fuck sake. Loose headphone cable. 

Crisis averted. I'm a fool.

Haha, brilliant. But glad you've sorted it and can enjoy it properly now dude.
  • Yeah I felt such an idiot when I noticed it. It wasn't loose either, only needed to be rotated about a quarter turn. Must be a loose wire inside. 

Which is handy to have fixed as I'm now balls deep into a pretty complex mission.
  • Got three side missions on the go at once here.

Pretty good ones at that.

Mission numbers below:
    Spoiler:
  • does anyone know how the day night cycle works?
    The Forum Herald™
  • The missions have fixed times
  • So side mission wise I'm stuck until I move the story on?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yep, some of the side missions will only progress when you've reached a certain point in the story.

This is a fantastic game. The depth of the writing and the implementation of meaningful emails, ebooks, incidental details etc is superb.
  • I'm wondering what counts as a no-kill playthrough? Like, to what extent are accidents or indirect kills counted? Or is it only counted if its one of your bullets or grenades?

As in, could you pick up a stunned body and throw it out a window and not be considered to have killed an NPC?
  • Vela wrote:
    I'm wondering what counts as a no-kill playthrough? Like, to what extent are accidents or indirect kills counted? Or is it only counted if its one of your bullets or grenades? As in, could you pick up a stunned body and throw it out a window and not be considered to have killed an NPC?

Yeah I'm worried about some grenade splash damage and ragdoll enemy that slipped off the edge of somewhere very high unconcious... is there some kind of stats screen? I suppose there might be?
    The Forum Herald™
  • If there is I havent found it. My main concerns at this stage are (2 incidents, vague details of what has happened in the course of about 10 hours) : 
    Spoiler:
  • Vela wrote:
    If there is I havent found it. My main concerns at this stage are (2 incidents, vague details of what has happened in the course of about 10 hours) : 
    Spoiler:

I guess it might be best to do a seperate play through with out doing any side missions and on easy difficulty to minimise encounters.

I'm enjoying playing as a pacifist. I do hate war after all.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Pacifist playthorugh also kind of forces you to explore a bit more methodically. So you see more stuff and get more XP.
  • I just like to shoot the bad guys.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yeah but you can do that in any game that involves shooting. Finding away to keep everyone alive and still getting the job done? That's BATMAN skillz!
    The Forum Herald™
  • I think I just figured out a major spoiler. These side missions are something alright. 

If I'm right there's only one other game that has done something this way that I have played. Pretty damn cool.
  • Elaborate please?

I've already beaten the game.

That ending is really weird paced (as in how it shows up).

The Jensen side story is merely okay.
  • Spoiler tags please
    The Forum Herald™
  • @mistercrayon
    Spoiler:
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This is so fucking good.
  • Elaborate please? I've already beaten the game. That ending is really weird paced (as in how it shows up). The Jensen side story is merely okay.

Reading somewhere else that the dev team for the game was split into two. One working on MD and the other the sequel to MD. Which probably explains the open ended ending. Threads to be tided up in the sequel? Maybe the other game will now be delayed so it can be polished up for Neo and Scorpio consoles?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Apparently Square wouldn't stop fucking around. I haven't watched this in case spoilers, but here ya go:

• Elaborate please? I've already beaten the game. That ending is really weird paced (as in how it shows up). The Jensen side story is merely okay.

Mission I'm tallking about:
    Spoiler:
  • That whole mission thread is really good. I think the side missions in this game are really cool they do some weird and wacky things.
  • Can someone tell me if I'm close to the end? Don't really want to be but...
    Spoiler:
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Can someone tell me if I'm close to the end? Don't really want to be but...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!