regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm really enjoying this, even though I am hooning it through. I've now planted the
    Spoiler:
    and it is kind of shitty in terms of overall narrative and dialogue but mechanically it's real fun.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Trust me cause i'm about 20 hours deep; the tutorial is garbage, and Prague is uninspired, but it picks up after that. So stick with it. ;)
  • Verecocha wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    You know, that went so much better stealth than the opening for me

Really? I
    Spoiler:

I massively biggered up stealth at that point. Decided not to reload the checkpoint (unlike the first mission) and went into combat mode. That was where I discovered that combat is more enjoyable in this one than HR.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I've been happy to go full on action when stealth buggers up now. I'll do a stealth, no kill and no alarm run after so this is more fun and go with the flow.Especially with all the toys to come!!

As you say Cupboard the combat is aces.
  • It may have helped that I had also picked up a well hidden tacticul shotgun just earlier!
  • The dialogue is atrocious as is Jensen's voice. Other than that it's pretty good so far.playing on PC and key layout is a little cumbersome.

Little things too like not being able to side swipe through e books with the mouse is a bit shit. Oh and aii is shit.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Fuck me I've finally made some progress! Finding the Aug fixing guy was hard but doing anything else was fucking nails - still got a couple of side missions on the go. Going heavy on hacking early doors.

Getting into seeing him was a pain in the arse to do full stealth. Had to revert to checkpoint a number of times.

For sure, I ended up just running and hiding past a load of goons until I reached the lift.
    The Forum Herald™
  • It may have helped that I had also picked up a well hidden tacticul shotgun just earlier!

I picked up a not at all hidden one first mission
    The Forum Herald™
  • three1ne wrote:
    Oh and aii is shit.

To be fair, it's a series tradition.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I think it's kind of necessary to a degree, if it gets too clever then it could really mess up the core mechanics of the game, and not be so fun. The easy break you get from being discovered etc definitely stopped my favored Human Revolution tactic of knocking people out and stashing them in vents from getting annoying
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This will be GOTY
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This will be GOTY

It's certainly fun enough to be troubling the list. 

Anyone else found the shotgun? more like shotfun.
  • Bob wrote:
    It may have helped that I had also picked up a well hidden tacticul shotgun just earlier!
    regmcfly wrote:
    This will be GOTY
    It's certainly fun enough to be troubling the list.  Anyone else found the shotgun? more like shotfun.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I like that a franchise like this, with all its po faced plot machinations is still held up to the quality that best defines it - fun
  • Bob wrote:
    It may have helped that I had also picked up a well hidden tacticul shotgun just earlier!

I went non-lethal in the mission so I wasn't particularly looking for one! Found it tucked away in an apartment with a lot of strange and interesting stuff...
  • This will be GOTY

Oh ffs, I was ready to not buy this after someone said the voice acting was poor, that's the kiss of death for me. Gonna give it more time!
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • I really like it, dunno whether im just missing stuff but Im 6 hrs in and have only found one side quest? 
    Spoiler:
  • I have not played as much but I did manage to discover a different side quest.  Have you searched all of the apartments in Jensen's block?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Dogfingers wrote:
    I really like it, dunno whether im just missing stuff but Im 6 hrs in and have only found one side quest? 
    Spoiler:

There's a
    Spoiler:
  • Completed my first side quest (of which I have about 3 on the go) and it was one involved mother fucker.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I just found a side quest in the 
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Really enjoying this, I haven't started the first main mission (visit t29 building) I've just been breaking and entering the various buildings / swewers in prague, doing side quests and now that I've found a merchant flogging all the guns and ammo I pick up. Playing non-lethal so don't need them. I really like this game.
  • I accidentally alerted some guards. 
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Got this today for PS4. 
    First impressions are it's a bit janky in general, everything from animation to combat. 
    The takedown animations and the way the camera blanks out then resets from a completely different angle while doing them is awful and very low rent. 
    Climbing can sometimes see you dropping in front of a group of enemies, like, oh hi guys. 
    The battery bar is just plain frustrating. 
    I'm find the lack of reticle when in cover a major annoyance, the dialogue scenes are not great and some of the graphics are just last gen. 
    I guess they just haven't had the resources to throw at the development?

BUT I'm enjoying it so far.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I haven't played but the graphics fidelity shown in the PR just isn't there. Liars
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tomorrow I'm going to settle in for 4-5 hours of this. Want it cleared by the end of weekend. Speech checking my way like a boss. Who's an alpha or Omega here
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Take down blackout is godawful
  • Is it pretty much the same as the last one then?

As good as that was, I think I'd want something a bit more to bother with a new one.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I didn't actually get on with the last one. This one feels incrementally better mechanically but not as good narratively

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!