Crackdown 3: Crackdowner
  • I had a good time with the original, don't know if it's the sort of thing I would still enjoy necessarily, but I imagine it would be fun to put some tunes on and chill out with.

And great coop moments in the original too. I remember these APCs that when all the tires were shot out would slide for ages and ages, had one person to chuck it while the other tried to jump on. Climbing the exteriors and interiors of some of the buildings with vehicles was brilliant too.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    You're not allowed to enjoy it Hodge, shush.

Please stop this. Any criticism of a game is not anti fun, and it starts becoming a bit edge protector. I've clearly been the biggest critic of it, and I've mentioned this on possibly three threads now, but it's not because of the game being "bad" per se. It's because of what was promised, and the concept of Crackdown being given a fully triple A treatment at the start of the gen, and what we have now, which is a functional open world sim.
    I really despise the fact that any critical voice on a game is shut down by the "anti fun" voices, and that we can't criticise titles. The game is as average as it comes. If people are enjoying that, great. At no point have I said they can't.
  • I somehow was not aware of climbing vehicles in the original and was quite excited to see the ''Spider" today.
    I agree with Reg, people can have their opinions. I'm lucky, I didn't raise expectations higher than more Crackdown and it's worked out well. This feels more like a v1.0.3 or something than 3, more homage than sequel. I'm happy and I may even put more words here.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Olimite wrote:

Please stop this. Any criticism of a game is not anti fun, and it starts becoming a bit edge protector. I've clearly been the biggest critic of it, and I've mentioned this on possibly three threads now, but it's not because of the game being "bad" per se. It's because of what was promised, and the concept of Crackdown being given a fully triple A treatment at the start of the gen, and what we have now, which is a functional open world sim.
    I really despise the fact that any critical voice on a game is shut down by the "anti fun" voices, and that we can't criticise titles. The game is as average as it comes. If people are enjoying that, great. At no point have I said they can't.

Probably shouldn't have said the people happy with more Crackdown have an apologist mentality then.

No one is stopping anyone criticising the game, fill your boots.
  • So does that game pass thing work on PC then? If I can play some Crackdown/Forza for a few quids for a bit then I might partake..
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yep, although only cross purchase titles (recent Microsoft-published stuff, essentially) will be available on PC. You’ll be fine with Crackdown and Forza 3 and 4.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Olimite wrote:

Probably shouldn't have said the people happy with more Crackdown have an apologist mentality then.

No one is stopping anyone criticising the game, fill your boots.

You're right. Was a shitty thing for me to say. Apologies.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    There are people here clearly just to stick the knife in and nothing else, hence my comment - I wasn't singling reg out (at least he had a go) but they know who they are.

What I played last night, while not ground-breaking, not graphically intensive, but it was fun and that's all I think we need sometimes - a distraction from the monotony and over-seriousness that real life (and sometimes here) has become.

I look forward to jumping in again sometime over the weekend.
  • Olimite wrote:
    There are people here clearly just to stick the knife in and nothing else.

Happens with every game pal.
  • No it doesn't. That's clearly not true.

It happens with Bone exclusives and PS4 exclusives and sometimes Switch exclusives.

And it's fucking pathetic and boring on all counts.
  • No it doesn't. That's clearly not true.

It happens with Bone exclusives and PS4 exclusives and sometimes Switch exclusives.

And it's fucking pathetic and boring on all counts.

Yeh your proboubly right, I only came in here to see how folks were getting on with it.
    Il leave now.

Hope the ones who did pick it up got/get some enjoyment.
  • I'M ALWAYS RIGHT DAVID.
  • I played an hour last night and it's not shit but it's a missed opportunity.
    Not just because of the cloud stuff but a number of other things leave it short of modern standards (although at least it isn't a micro transaction fuckfest).

Some extra polish, some more budget for actual cut scenes, some actual design to some of the combat sections and it could be a really good title. Instead it's alright.

Have at it but dont get a sandy vagina because people point out it's obvious flaws.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't know how many times I need to say it but I have never said the game is shit. Mediocrity is not shitness.
  • Can you climb buildings, jump around like the tick and collect orbs? Because more crackdown I can play with my kids would be fun.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I don't know how many times I need to say it but I have never said the game is shit. Mediocrity is not shitness.
    It didn't mean that to be aimed at yourself mate.
  • n0face wrote:
    Can you climb buildings, jump around like the tick and collect orbs? Because more crackdown I can play with my kids would be fun.

Yeah it's basically the first game. Although it says fuck a lot for no apparent reason.
  • So do I so that's not a problem.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The commentary is pretty good fwiw
  • It's done well but the bloke told me what an orb was a good 20 times.
  • Reckon I'm going to get that Game Pass free trial thing, and mayber get it for two quids if I like Forza/Crackdown. Will likely be on this evening if anyone is up for co-op larks?

IIRC from that DF vid crossplay is a thing? Though traffic density will be limited by the least powerful machine connected in one session, which makes sense.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

That really depends on how long you’ve been arguing that certain ‘seminal’ FPS games are mediocre.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Seriously?
  • That be some high grade yossery. Jeeeeeez. Wit ye like?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    FWIW, I was entirely referring to myself in that post.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I did another hour today on this and again, it's completely fine. But to get excited about it? Damn.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!