Crackdown 3: Crackdowner
  • \o
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Hodge360 wrote:
    Does seem to level up pretty quickly. I fear it may all end too soon.
    Yeah I don’t think it’ll be too long, in a couple of hours I’ve completed 3 entire sections of the map. But I’m cool with that. I quite miss quick 8-10 hour campaigns that are just bang for your buck. Every game needing such massive exploration, hours of depth, huge levelling needs to progress etc, it’s driving me nuts. Put me off Ass Creeds Ori and Ody and has put me off Farcry. I like having one such game on the go but now everything requires 100 hours and I can’t be arsed.
    Agree with this too. Put a couple of hours into this and found it refreshingly old school and a lot of fun. I'm also playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and completely can't be arsed with all the levelling of weapons, abilities and skill trees. I just want to raid some bloody tombs.
  • There’s something to be said for a game that just keeps it simple and does the basics well.
    I really can’t be arsed with upgrades and skill trees and inventory management etc
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yep, honestly I think that's kind of been ruining a lot of games for a while, or at least it has defined game design in a particular direction. I tend to think of that kind of leveling up and extended grindy progression as 'fake fun'. Real fun comes from the dynamic and emergent properties of the game world, or the simple joy of a good mechanic and feedback loop. Much of modern game detritus detracts from what is most important IMO, the feel of the thing as a whole.

Fuck me I want another Half Life.
  • Got to an area last night that was a bit deserty and very sparse with buildings and the whole thing immediately broke down and became a slog. Think I might just skip it and go looking for tall buildings to climb.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    ...Real fun comes from the dynamic and emergent properties of the game world, or the simple joy of a good mechanic and feedback loop. Much of modern game detritus detracts from what is most important IMO, the feel of the thing as a whole...

Which is why we play Sea of Thieves. Every voyage is an anecdote generator!
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Played first mission. Took down first boss. Opened the city. All good from what I can see so far. Yep those cut scenes are bargain basement but enjoyed what I’ve played so far. It’s a prettier shinier Crackdown one and chasing orbs is always fun.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Got to an area last night that was a bit deserty and very sparse with buildings and the whole thing immediately broke down and became a slog. Think I might just skip it and go looking for tall buildings to climb.

That whole area is mostly a playground for the Spider vehicle to hoon and jump around I think.
  • Got everything to level 5 aside from driving...which is at 1...
  • Completed this last night, good times. Last couple of bosses were annoying, but just a case of figuring out the right weapons and tactics. Leaping around, shooting and throwing things is still a joy.

Which is why we play Sea of Thieves. Every voyage is an anecdote generator!

Seeing as that is also included in the game pass I think I will give that a go too. Assuming crossplay works alreet perhaps I can join in the shenanigans?
  • Iirc correctly a lot a peeps said they would enjoy this even if it wasn't any good, so I guess that's what everyone now has to pretend they're doing.
  • Can't speak for anyone else, but I never said anything of the sort. I haven't been paying any attention to this or the surrounding dev controversy, probably saw a trailer once for a past E3.

There were some memes and stuff making fun of it floating around recently that I was vaguely aware of. Then I watched John's DF vid, saw how fun the movement looked and liked the clean and colourful look of the world, and jumped in thanks to the cheapo game pass. This wasn't even on my radar a few days ago, so it's been a very pleasant gaming surprise, and I shall look back on my time with it fondly.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Iirc correctly a lot a peeps said they would enjoy this even if it wasn't any good, so I guess that's what everyone now has to pretend they're doing.

Better than pretending to play games at all anymore so having anything to say about them?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm confused. Am I allowed to like this game or not?
  • You’ve gotta ask people that haven’t played the game, or any games for years, I think they make the rules.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Gurt, more than welcome to come aboard if you see us playing. There’s a context sensitive message system if you don’t have a headset - but it’s best enjoyed communicating in bad Cornish accents.
  • Gurt, more than welcome to come aboard if you see us playing. There’s a context sensitive message system if you don’t have a headset - but it’s best enjoyed communicating in bad Cornish accents.

WTF !!!!! Mine's fucking proper. 

:-)
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Ta, might have a play with it in a bit. Not sure how the voice comms will work, hopefully that works cross platform also.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yes Comms do work cross plat. If no Badgers are about, you could always join randoms on an 'open' ship. It's one of the most welcoming communities.
  • Fuck Jim
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    350?cb=20110417043648&path-prefix=en
  • That's one of the most giflike still images I've ever seen.
  • As much as this game is this and that and not this and not that, I'm finishing work for today soon and am very much looking forward to getting home and continuing my play of it.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Worth a punt with Game Pass so then?
  • Yep, honestly I think that's kind of been ruining a lot of games for a while, or at least it has defined game design in a particular direction. I tend to think of that kind of leveling up and extended grindy progression as 'fake fun'. Real fun comes from the dynamic and emergent properties of the game world, or the simple joy of a good mechanic and feedback loop. Much of modern game detritus detracts from what is most important IMO, the feel of the thing as a whole. Fuck me I want another Half Life.

• Russians do I Robot. Looks rather mental. Carry on.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!