Crackdown 3: Crackdowner
  • Can you still use environmental objects as melee weapons instead conventional ballistic weapons?
    And can you still wing suit everywhere for no reason?
  • 1. Yes, though the size of available items increase as your skills level up.

2. Not sure. I haven't unlocked it yet though it was definitely in the trailers. Its probably an agility upgrade.
  • I'll be getting the game pass later. Cheers Gav
  • Positve PC Gamer article that pretty much nails how I've been feeling about this.
  • Heading and sub-heading echo my mate's constant gushing praise for Elite Dangerous.

• Wrecking Zone is where the real shite is apparently. Coop looks like a blast.
  • Just found a 14 day Game Pass trial if anyone wants to try this?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Gave this a fair shake last night and it’s woefully bad.

An impressive opening cinematic gives a taste of what could have been. My word the actual game does look ropey as fuck, and I know shinys aren't everything but there’s also the fundamental issue I have - Agents feel like they’re made of paper. No heft to the animations gives a constant disconnect that I couldn’t shake.
    Bullet sponge enemies are a chore and had to turn off the HUD numberwang nonsense.

For a first party game there’s a cheapness running through the core like a stick of Poundland rock and doesn’t hold a candle to something like Sunset Overdrive or the slick Arkham games. Damn shame the franchise fizzled out with this dud. :(

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Gave this a fair shake last night and it’s woefully bad.

An impressive opening cinematic gives a taste of what could have been. My word the actual game does look ropey as fuck, and I know shinys aren't everything but there’s also the fundamental issue I have - Agents feel like they’re made of paper. No heft to the animations gives a constant disconnect that I couldn’t shake. Bullet sponge enemies are a chore and had to turn off the numberwang nonsense. For a triple AAA game there’s a cheapness running through the core like a stick of Poundland rock and doesn’t hold a candle to something like Sunset Overdrive or the slick Arkham games. Damn shame the franchise fizzled out with this dud. :(

Yeah, I'd agree with that. The world as a whole feels way too light and the lack of heft to physical attacks takes away from the feeling of power you should have. It really feels like a ps2 game in the way the game plays. It reminds me of the many gta wannabe games that sprung up after vice city. I wouldn't say its unplayable or that you can't get some fun but I wont be putting time in.

SFV - reddave360
  • This will be going on my GOTY 2019 list...

I mean, not least because I rarely end up playing games in the years that they are released. Last year I don't think I played a single title that was released in 2019, which is why I tend not to take part in the GOTY threads. But even if I do end up playing more 2019 games this year I think Crackdown 3 will still claim a spot, haven't had such simple fun playing a game in a long time. And I feel like most new AAA games are getting shitter in various ways, too much bloat and microshit diluting the core of the experience.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Gampass saved it’s ass.

If you want to spend your hard earned on blowing shit to smithereens and fly around like a superhero then Just Cause 4 seems a better choice.

Edit: Knocked that out before I read your post Gurt.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    That series jumped the shark at least two iterations ago. It's like playing a bad tech demo.
  • For me, this should have been £20 for launch, and that would have been just barely worth it for me I think. I wouldn't have bought it at that atm as I've been skint, but might have gone for it in a sale.

I was thinking while playing this how much more I was enjoying it compared to Just Cause 3, I've seen gameplay of JC 4 and it's a big NAH from me, looks just the same as 3 with much of the same flaws. Might buy it for £2 though..
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ah, but other franchises are allowed to release similar game after similar game. Not Crackdown though, what were they thinking THE BASTARDS.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Loved Just Cause 2 Pea, but JC3 chugged like a dog with fits. Avalanche by all accounts have properly beefed up their engine for 4 and let loose a tornado.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I thought it was terrible personally. The best version of Crackdown in recent memory was Saints Row IV (well, the President one whichever that was).
  • I don't think crackdown ever won any awards for graphics. I did actually get hyped for the intro until half of Deadpool appeared in some chamber. The game does excel in its commentary. Skills for fucking kills agents
    As for the stunt rings, can you throw a vehicle through them as I'm buggerd to find out how to get a car through a ring in the middle of nowhere.
  • Once you get your driving to level 2 or something you can transform the agency vehicle into the Spider which can jump. You can also find car transport trucks that are basically ramps.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I need to be out of here for my own health sake but any argument about "how dare they do more of the same" wilfully ignores the fact that the game was marketed precisely on the fact that it wasn't and that it would be different due to physics. Something they never back tracked on up to release, albeit pushing it to MP.

And I am out and ignoring this thread.
  • Marketing sucks, an important thing to discuss and something that obviously affects people. It should be seperated from the game itself however, these games are made and published by big companies, and any bullshit doesn't necessarily represent the whole, or the potentially fine work and contribution of individuals or groups within the development company. As I've said before, I think it's best to judge games on their own merits ultimately.

Unethical marketing practices can really burn, very understandable, and I'm sorry for those that have been affected.
  • Gamer fans are suckers who deserve the shitty practices that come their way. Just go to any subreddit for an upcoming game eg Andromeda, Anthem. It's full of morons who get angry at others for critiquing a shite game. This thread's the same.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • 10. Crackdown 3 Xbox One - 8/10
    This game rocked. Tight little world with plenty to do in a fun, silly short campaign. Jumping, thrusting, Running, shooting, smashing and exploding my way through this was just the type of fun and nonsense I wanted, was sad to see it end. May do a little more orb hunting but got so much else to play that I may never come back. If not, you were Rad Crackdown 3, thank you agent!

My review from the 52 games a year thread. Totally loved it, shame others didn’t but such is life!
  • Glad to hear there's been at least a few of us that have had a blast with this. I'm down to the last boss and I've really enjoyed it. I'm a bit baffled by some of the negative reaction.
  • Yep, behind all the splutter and outrage there's a gem of game. Also kind of baffled by some of the vitriol, bit of a mix of justified disappointment, and the usual internet hatewagon everyone loves to join. Some people have been like 'hey this is pretty fun', some 'meh it's alright', then a large quantity of people who seem to actually be personally offended by this for some reason.

• Still waiting to play this in coop btw..
  • Campy_Jon wrote:
    As for the stunt rings, can you throw a vehicle through them as I'm buggerd to find out how to get a car through a ring in the middle of nowhere.

Oh from that vid it looks like the little jump pad gadgets you can throw down will also throw cars into the air, so that might help.

• Still waiting to play this in coop btw..

Holy shit, that's the first time I've seen this game. It looks like a ps vita game!

• g.man wrote:
    10 mins with Dave Jones & Crackdown 3. Currently at 9X the X1's computational physics power, highest they had = X15.

That's frankly incredible.

day one

g.man

How did they get from this (four years ago) to this rubbish EDF clone

• Go ahead and post those as youtube comments, they'll fit right in.
  • You should all be playing Metro Exodus anyway.  That game doesn't suck.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!