Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Snuff That Mudder!
  • NLA Shuuhen music maybe my fav bit of games music ever, such a rousing score.
  • I've taken a few of you out scouting for a bit by the way, I don't know if you reap any benefit from this?
  • You can collect experience afterwards!
  • Okay so this game is pretty fucking great.

Played 50 hours and still only half way through main story. Got my mech now and it's a joy pooling around finding beacons, trying to dismantle the geometry to unlock the levels a bit early.

It's as if the world is two worlds, like a link to the past where each is its own puzzle for each size of character

Marvelous.
  • About 20hrs clocked up this week, and have really enjoyed everyone.  Been fumbling through learning the mechanics, and start to chain some decent damage now.  Not even really touched the main story just been heading out exploring.  Story, characters are a little bit generic/wooden but the scale of what is front ref exploring Mira, the battle system & all the other little systems going on is immense.

I have Halo5 as my Xmas treat, it may not get a look in till next year as I can not see myself playing anything else for a while due to chronicles greatness.

GOTY, atm, it's challenging my top 3 of all time, & I have not even got a mech or dabbled in online shenanigans.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    GOTY, atm, it's challenging my top 3 of all time, & I have not even got a mech or dabbled in online shenanigans.

Interesting.  To add a bit of context what are you top three of all time?
    Get schwifty.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    You're all aware of the game breaking bug, right?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Oh, nearly forgot.

I hate the New LA music, etc.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Out with you!  Shoo!  Shoo!
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dat mega guide arrived. Ready to go bananas
  • My guide is waiting in Leicester.

Has anyone become....a Jedi yet?
  • Raiziel wrote:
    cindemon wrote:
    Interesting.  To add a bit of context what are you top three of all time?

Fire Emblem: Awakening, Dark Souls & Monster Hunter 3 4 Ultimate.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Dat mega guide arrived. Ready to go bananas

The guide is pretty sweet, only thumbed through it briefly, which along with not reading the manual(which everyone tells me to do) has probably added hours to my learning curve ref the battle system, but each session has just been about clocking a landmark in the distance & just heading off that way on some epic trek of discovery.  The fact Mira's residents come in all sorts of flavours & levels means, so far, I have not had to turn back due to hitting a difficulty wall etc.  Game is truly epic so far.
  • Edge [7]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Started this tonight.

The voice acting is, thankfully, a million times better than the first Xenoblade.

Also, the NLA music is nowhere near as bad as our Birdorf made it out to be.

That's all I've got so far.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Actually that's not all I've got.  The faces.  My.  God.  How is it that the developers are so deft at creating a vast and beautiful world, fill it with incredible creatures but can't pull off a human face that doesn't looking fucking hideous.  I had to choose a character face where the hair covers most of the eyes because OH MY FUCKING GOD THOSE EYES.
    Get schwifty.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    It begins.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    And why is most of the goddamn writing so small.  I've got a 55" TV and it's still minute.  It's The Witcher III all over again.
    Get schwifty.
  • I'm about 2 hours into this having started it this week. I was/am fed up with aspects of MGSV and needed a break, but struggle to keep 2 massive games on the go at any given time.

Straight up the game feels weird to play with a big open world and floaty character movement, but holy fuck is it smooth. Did all the installs for data packs before release, and the loading times are negligible, the framerate is silky smooth though I doubt 60fps (is it 30?) and the world looks truly alien. 

Battle system is instantly familiar even with limited time spent on Xenoblade, although I have a long way to go to get competent at it.

Literally have only one complaint and that is the text size. It's like Dead Rising font. Should be an option for text size that humans can read. 

Currently just on chapter 1 doing New LA inductions/tours. I can only imagine what kind of world these devs would make in two gens from now if this is what they're doing on Wii U. Its a phenomenal technical achievement.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I'd read that the font problem is a fallover from the translation. The Japanese alphabet in these cases is purely symbolic and of a universal size. When translating to the Latin alphabet they had to shoehorn in upper and lower case letters into spaces that it is clearly not designed for. 

It's made the game quite tiring to play (recently got a Skell myself) as you tend to end up squinting at (my 50in) TV or leaning forward/getting uncomfortably close. 
    I wouldn't count on them getting a patch out to fix it any time soon. 

I find the NLA music especially to be like some kind of soothing, reassuring and calming drug now. *aaaaah* 1..2..3..4..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Raiziel wrote:
    And why is most of the goddamn writing so small.  I've got a 55" TV and it's still minute.  It's The Witcher III all over again.

Try spending hours looking for a day chimpanzee only to find it was a clay chimpanzee.

The font is absolute nonsense on this.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Turns out the font size has been a complaint since it launched in Japan at the start of the year and they've done nothing about it yet... the fact it's worse in the English version won't put any extra impetus on it. 

If you use the pad at least you can normally squint at it a bit closer and guess more easily but the resolution on that thing doesn't always make that too simple either.. I haven't played in a couple of days now because of it and some interminable fetch quests that came in back to back. When it's great it really is amazing but there are.. issues..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fuck. Wish I'd known about the font issue. It's what put me off Witcher.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    You're all blind.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    And deaf.
  • Lol
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Curtis wrote:
    You're all blind.

20/20 here tyvm.  The writing is too small, just like The Witcher III's writing was too small.  Some of us don't sit on top of our televisions when we play.
    Get schwifty.
  • It's definitely too far for couch play. I think it's an issue that hasn't been brought up by reviewers because they probably mostly play on desk monitor set ups.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I need my non-existent glasses to play it on the Gamepad.
    Things can only get better.
  • The gamepad is at such a crap resolution that it's really difficult to see.

I think it's pretty terrible but for the most part it's not a major problem. I mean missions for killing things or meeting people are indicated on the screen with icons.

Finding stuff missions though. Gnnn

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!