Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Snuff That Mudder!
  • About 56 hours under my belt now.  Not had a chance to play all week, so first port of call was gonna be nabbing myself a Skell which I did first thing this morn, did some grinding & now have 4.  Literally nuking most things I come across apart from the real big fish & loving the Skell overdrive thing, tho what's the crack with the cockpit view?  Did get a bit fool hardy & tried taking a high lvl on earlier & lost 3 Skells which cost me on the insurance lol, not the greatest start to my Blade career.

With 4 Skells in tow I went onto fully explore Sylvalum & start mining the fuck out of it.  Mopped up a few blank spots on some of the other continents & also started & finished chapter 7.  Still yet to set a foot on the last continent.

[justify]Next session(hopefully tomorrow), it's back on with the affinity shiz, and trying to increase it with Yelv & L(also need to bring L upto a similar lvl as the rest of the team) & maybe have a pop at chapter 8.  Also might try some online out on a global nemesis.[/justify]

Still loving it, music & all atm.
  • Crayon & Ayns you guys roll with Lin & Elma as mains? If you do/did, who is/was your main 4th? If not, who made up your Blade crew?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Mistercrayon - texture packs? What are the texture packs and are they free? I just bought the disc.
  • Just go to shop and search xenoblade, there's some dlc that loads stuff quicker.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    you need to go to the store and get 12gig of dls sorted sharpish! It basically does a e-shop install of the game for the disc copy and speeds that all up (texture pop in, loading of outfits etc) 
    If you can get it on the system drive then it'll be as bestest as it can be.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just there now. Just found it. Need to free up some space. Cheers

Needs 15.3gb!! Had to remove most of my Wii U games. Again limitations of the hardware choices Nintendo made start to bug.
  • It is silly, yes. I haven't played it since an hour or so at launch, but I found myself so disappointed with the graphics. Fucking Nintendo and their underpowered shite.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • cindemon wrote:
    Crayon & Ayns you guys roll with Lin & Elma as mains? If you do/did, who is/was your main 4th? If not, who made up your Blade crew?

I went Irina.

Another tip: go with gwin until you get at least one affinity heart because you need one to unlock missions at the end!!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    It is silly, yes. I haven't played it since an hour or so at launch, but I found myself so disappointed with the graphics. Fucking Nintendo and their underpowered shite.

I don't mind simpler graphics but this is more to do with skimping on a decent sized storage solution.

• cindemon wrote:
    Crayon & Ayns you guys roll with Lin & Elma as mains? If you do/did, who is/was your main 4th? If not, who made up your Blade crew?
    I went Irina. Another tip: go with gwin until you get at least one affinity heart because you need one to unlock missions at the end!!

Cheers for the tip.  Sure I have done a bit with Gwin, tho the kid does my head in ref his Irina affection.  Did use L as my main 4th until I discovered Yelv, who nabbed top spot for his older Shulk looks & me wanting to get behind the reason he had a chip on his shoulder.  A friend of my mine mentioned the Skell weapon design lass(forgot her name), as she is meant to offer up a pretty sweet Skell design or something, but atm I'm still not bored of the Elma/Yelv banter, even tho I have probably heard the sound bites a million times now.  The range/choice of poss party members is pretty amazing.  Murderess can do one tho, & the intense monk dude whilst I'm at it, even tho I wanna see how it plays out for both.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    It is silly, yes. I haven't played it since an hour or so at launch, but I found myself so disappointed with the graphics. Fucking Nintendo and their underpowered shite.
    I don't mind simpler graphics but this is more to do with skimping on a decent sized storage solution.

Agree with this, def had a knock-on effect ref some 3rd party.  Got a drive just for the U as I was gonna go crazy ref the VC, tho Ninty have dropped the ball there also #wheretheGCgamesat.  Hell, even my 500g One & to a degree, my PS4 have struggled this gen.
  • I checked my Bone last night (ooer). Out of 500GB, only 380GB or so is allocated to games. And that's taken up by just 7 or 8 games. Terrible.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:

Maybe we should arrange another game swap :-)
  • You have a Wii U? I can lend it to you for a bit if you want.
  • Even though you're a cunt
  • cindemon wrote:
    The range/choice of poss party members is pretty amazing..

The downside to this tho, for me today anyway was, I only wanted to do Chapter 8 for todays sesh, yet I could not start it until...

I had done the "matchmaker" affinity mission & proir to starting & to do that I had to at least have one affinty heart with Lao maxed, a party member I have not bothered with.  After an hour or so of "heart grinding" & running about all over Mira & NLA delivering bits & bobs & nailing Tyrants, Lao was where I needed him to be.  Dusted off Matchmaker & started Chapter 8.  Mini grind was worth it tho, chapter 8 was f'in awesome with some slick cutscenes.
  • For heart grinding it's worth bearing in mind all those missions which are complete because you've collected the required crap help increasing affinity out.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    You have a Wii U? I can lend it to you for a bit if you want.

I do. Realistically though I'm not sure I'd play it any more than you. And conversely would like my own copy. And I'm a cunt. So hmm let's not rush into anything here! You fancy any reverse loans?? Until Dawn one I'm done??
  • I wouldn't mind actually. Been thinking about that lately, it's fairly high in our GotY list.
  • cindemon wrote:

Lin, Elma and Doug for me. Got a few affinity stars with several others though. 1 star for Gwin at some point as mentioned.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    So now I've finally rounded out Xeno OG, I've moved onto Xeno X.

Please tell me there's a way of increasing the text size for the UI, I can barely read it. The other big annoyance at the moment is camera speed, I've upped it as far as it'll go and it still moves like it's going through treacle.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • No text adjustment. It's a real fucking bugbear in the game. Hopefully you can overlook the foible because it's a really fun game.

You can zoom the camera in and out if that helps. (I think it's up and down on one of the sticks while holding R)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Does that make the text on the Arts bigger during battle? Those things may as well be invisible.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I did actually get round to finishing the story.  All good.

Affinity missions?  Not so much yet :/

Cool game.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Does that make the text on the Arts bigger during battle? Those things may as well be invisible.

Don't expect any text to be readable! :P

You sort of figure out what is good by muscle memory. Arts are not that complicated to use them well until you decide to really start getting down and heavy with it, but that's really late on when you start crafting weapons that match your arts. Gets really fun then!

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Gets really fun then!

I'll keep at it because, y'know, Xenoblade. But I reserve the right to piss and moan about the camera and text even when I'm gawping at the environments and doing sidequests just to prolong the experience. ;)
  • Collectors Edition of 2 is lovely!

Can’t wait to get stuck in. Which will be a while cos so many other games to play.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Download the Japanese voice track by choosing the game from the eShop then scroll down a bit for the DLC section. Its free of course.
  • Of course, yes, cheers. Heard English VO is terrible.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Does it have a thrash metal guitar track with someone going "1 2 3 4" that you can't turn off, which just loops and loops and makes you want to smash shit up?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!