Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Snuff That Mudder!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I genuinely can't get over how beautiful thud game is. If I never finish it it's fine because at least I got to walk through the best designed world ever
  • I know, it's something special isn't it. 
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • The other genius is how well it works in the Shell. It's almost like they created two worlds in one world. Minish cap style but far more organic.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The scale of the world is staggering, and to think it's being brought to life by the humble Wii U hardware is something else again.

Gameplay-wise I'm still a little meh.  After Fallout 4 kept me enthralled for hours at a time this is really something I'm only dipping into for short bursts.  Still waiting for it to click.
    Get schwifty.
  • Guide came in. Looks a boon.

Some items show up
    Spoiler:

Wtf.
  • I misread read a quest that, I thought, needed 30% of an area exploring.  Banged out all the stops exploring some nasty areas and returned to base with 30% complete.  Find out it only needs 20% completing.

A totally unnecessary but, undoubtedly, fabulous adventure - crowning glory was at level 25 when training tens of level 40 mobs through a tunnel into a cave with a node point thing in it.  Yeah!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Flying around in the skell is magnificent. Im 97 hours in and have loved it. I can finish this now if i want, but all those affinity missions need sorting.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Lin just said she was "13 years old inside and out" - thought they changed that to make it less creepy?!
  • I thought that was bravely? In xenoblade they've I think just prevented perv costumes.
  • Bagged over 50 hours now.  Skell's looking pretty sweet with an array of armaments of most appendages.

I do waste a lot of time just wondering about but I've just finished Chapter 8 and...crikey.

Wonderful.
  • Anyone on chapter 9 I'd suggest a skell but two preferably. Also level up to around level 40. A good place to level is to use your skell to beat level 55 viridian dinosaurs in noctillium.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well just started this.

I read half the manual before getting overwhelmed so just jumped in. Had a few basic battles and class level went up twice, but couldn't see where to spend any xp. Guessing it's not that sort of game.

As for the font it's not as bad as Witcher III at launch. I can live with it.

Visually it doesn't look that impressive so far, but I am just in a rainy valley in the dark.

Haven't really got a clue what is going on with the battle system yet, but guessing it will come to me. Kind of feels like I want to pause it and pick and choose the arts my team member is using.
  • I believe I can fly.
  • Just lost 4 hours work.  Gutted as I had really pushed on ref exploration & banging probes down & linking mining routes etc whilst nailing 2 long winded affinity missions.

40 hours in, still no Skell. Could probably continue with the main story to unlock them but atm, just enjoying taking in Mira on foot whilst striking through affinity missions.

Agree with Reg, probably the best designed videogame world I have ever experienced, it's vast & stunning. Looking forward to seeing it all from the skies, when I get that far.
  • I save after every new spot or treasure box.  PC fuelled paranoia in me!

I'm thinking of starting Chapter 11, feels good not to rush IMO Cin.
  • 90 hours now.  Tried several affinity missions to boost up a few characters that I don't normally use.  Went off exploring several caves and stuff.  For 10 hours.

Nice.
  • I had three hours to settle in and play this. Did mission three or chapter three which ends with a potato. 

If that's the scope of early missions then this may usurp mgsv on my playlist.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I can finish this now.  Anyone taken the plunge and finished it yet?

Nice one Vela!
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I'm thinking about replunging. It's this or Witcher.

• I'm still humming and hawing if I should get this. Barely scraped fallout 4 and I've travelled about 4 square miles in Witcher, plus I never relally fell in love with the battle system from  x-chronicles, which remains unfinished to this day. But, I am a shameless graphics whore and this thing looks right purdey.

I'm not sure if Vela's said potato mission convinces my to buy or not to buy.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • ayns wrote:
    I can finish this now.  Anyone taken the plunge and finished it yet?

Nice one Vela!

I have.

Are your team all level 50 at least (at the least least your main guy)
    Do you have a good ground combat (that is can you beat lvl 50 tyrants sans skills?)
    Do you have strong skells for four party members (prefer at least one at level fifty?)
    Then give it a shot.

Also when Emma asks you if you are ready make s you save. Fucking important this.

If you die or lose your skells part way through you have to win without your skells. You can't go back to base. That's why you have to save at that point. Else if you find you've underdeveloped your team you'll have to go back to your last save, which if it's long before the Elma bit could be ages of lost progress.

• Spock wrote:
    I'm still humming and hawing if I should get this. Barely scraped fallout 4 and I've travelled about 4 square miles in Witcher, plus I never relally fell in love with the battle system from  x-chronicles, which remains unfinished to this day. But, I am a shameless graphics whore and this thing looks right purdey. I'm not sure if Vela's said potato mission convinces my to buy or not to buy.

Haha. It's a silly comic relief moment but I really enjoyed the bits leading up to it, and it hasn't put me off in the slightest. I did do one lead up side mission which involved an electric tentacled thing in the water. That was also fun, as is running through the plains trying not to be attacked by the bigger and more aggressive fauna. 

But the main mission I was on then involved some pretty tough enemies by my scale (I was at levels 7-10) and often fighting about 4 or 5 at once. It made for a very good first proper impression.
  • ayns wrote:
    I can finish this now.  Anyone taken the plunge and finished it yet? Nice one Vela!
    I have. Are your team all level 50 at least (at the least least your main guy) Do you have a good ground combat (that is can you beat lvl 50 tyrants sans skills?) Do you have strong skells for four party members (prefer at least one at level fifty?) Then give it a shot. Also when Emma asks you if you are ready make s you save. Fucking important this. If you die or lose your skells part way through you have to win without your skells. You can't go back to base. That's why you have to save at that point. Else if you find you've underdeveloped your team you'll have to go back to your last save, which if it's long before the Elma bit could be ages of lost progress.

I'm level 48, have 4 skells but they're not level 50 ones.

I'll probably end up guffing about trying to finish as many sides as possible.  Sounds like I may have to grind a bit first if all else fails.

Cheers for the heads up.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just starting this proper. Any good guides. The manual is ok but dorm strategy type guides would be good. Don't want a play through just more depth on the systems.

So far so ok. It's a bit irritating that this game is limited by the hardware. Watching skells and cars pop in right next to you due to streaming is a bit shit. As is the texture detail on some of the larger creatures which can be very slow to pop in. Also I can't find an option to lower the music volume. Some of it is dire.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    The music is gr8 m8. Your ears must be broken.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Some of it is ok. But that guitar while you are in the city is terrible.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, I'm just kidding, the music in the city is why I stopped playing. There is some great stuff, but that, and the music which plays when you battle your first tyrant, just killed it for me.

It had been my most anticipated game ever since it was announced. The disappointment was crushing. 

Why they didn't give you the option to turn it off/down is puzzling/annoying.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Think I'll stick it out for a while. But yeah that fucking guitar.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    That concludes my monthly rant about the music. Tune in next time for more exciting revelations.
  • @Boris: at a point you have the option to upgrade a field skill...for your first ones till you max choose mechanical.

Also, have you dld the texture packs from the eshop?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!