Diablo IV
  • Yeah I'll pootle about tonight in WTL II for a bit then tackle that dungeon if I'm feeling good. Thinking it may be a good tactic to just earn renown as much as I can everywhere so when the Season comes my necro will be starting on a good footing.

Yeah that's fair enough. I finally uncovered the entire map last night but I've still got loads of Altars of Lilith to find before S1.
  • Can I ask, since you're way ahead of me, how much importance do you place on the minutae of the stats? Like, I don't really care for resistance stats, or stats that give more damage to certain status' of enemies, more if its adding to a base stat, or giving me rank upgrades for skills I use. Maybe if it adds damage to a skill type. Am I doin it rong? I just hate spending ages in town sorting stuff. I just like to be quick, get shit salvaged, stored etc, and head back out. Don't mind taking time with imprints etc but dunno if I can be assed respeccing every stat buff on every weapon to make it fully optimised.

Apologies for that word soup!
  • If something is going to give me a bump to the things that make the most difference to my build - traps, vulnerable, poison or shadow damage, or add levels to those skills - it gets considered. 

Things like poison resistance and damage reduction vs close-up enemies can be very nice to have for certain content, but I'd rather be able to kill things quicker.
  • But honestly, I'm not worrying too much about min-maxing right now. When I hit level 70 I'll be upgrading to World Tier 4 and have to do the gear grind all over again.

I currently only have one item I've levelled up and only two I've infused with new aspects. Everything else is make-do.
  • Fair enough, so, I'm probably on the right track then. Love being a whirly boy and my aspect-boosted Kick makes enemies vulnerable so I just lean towards them. Also get a fair boost to stun chance and stun damage via my skill mastery so like whatever boosts that. Everything else is much of a muchness.

I'll be reet. Cheers!
  • 15 minute login wait time can go to Hell.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Anybody want to play this together? It's getting a bit repetitive for me solo. I'm about lvl 24 but could start a different character
  • I've enabled quick join so add me up (afgavinstan#2646) on blizznet and if I'm online by all means just join me! That's for anyone here. And remember we have a clan!

Strength in numbers will be important once seasonal stuff hits.
  • Thanks

Sent a request even though i think i have you on xbox?

What if we are completely different levels though?

How do i join the clan?

I am Djornson#2890
  • It'll scale enemies and in most probability you'll be levelling up rapido.

Search for The Bear And Badger or the clan tag is TBAB.

Oh yeah, since we're on Xbox together just use their invite/join system via the guide.
  • Requested join!
  • I don't think there exists another game that so desperately requires a regular 'palate cleanser'.

And by that I mean taking a break to play another game, because Diablo 4's gameplay is so ridiculously one-note that it completely numbs the senses and cauterizes my gaming taste buds.

So I'm now having a trip down memory lane and playing some Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction.

I will return to Hell, but not until I get the feeling back in my gaming digits.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I feel you, to a point. I'll be more glass half full though. I see the gameplay loop as something so polished, so addictive yet so bloody moreish I can't help but feel I'm in an expensive bakery or sushi place, getting tiny little pastries or rolls that are super expensive, over and over again, hand fed to me. But then, it can be too much of a good thing. Especially in solo, I find it hard to have a sustained session. In co-op though you just get lost in the sauce until someone taps out and snaps you back to reality. Adore the art direction too. Certain areas I'll just roam around in to soak it up. My long suffering with this game gf (illustrator) even stopped as I was in the campaign end area and asked how the hell they did it. Mad to think someone slaved away at this and we're all just sprinting by, fat on power, fat on the loop of it.

Street Fighter 6 has been a great palate cleanser at the end of a night's session :)
  • Nearing the end of the dungeon I get randomly booted to the character screen and if says my account is locked. That is.. unacceptable. Thats nearly trying to get my money back time for me
  • Djornson wrote:
    Nearing the end of the dungeon I get randomly booted to the character screen and if says my account is locked. That is.. unacceptable. Thats nearly trying to get my money back time for me

That really sucks. I've seen it come up a bunch of times and apparently it's usually a false alarm that happens when the servers are getting hammered.

Most recommendations for fixes are simply to wait 10 or 15 minutes before trying to log in again. Not great but fingers crossed it should sort itself.

• Djornson wrote:
    Nearing the end of the dungeon I get randomly booted to the character screen and if says my account is locked. That is.. unacceptable. Thats nearly trying to get my money back time for me
    That really sucks. I've seen it come up a bunch of times and apparently it's usually a false alarm that happens when the servers are getting hammered. Most recommendations for fixes are simply to wait 10 or 15 minutes before trying to log in again. Not great but fingers crossed it should sort itself.

Yeah, the use of the word "locked" by Blizz is terrible here and, understandably, worries and annoys players who think they're about to get banned or locked out. It's just a temporary thing until the "player" can be properly logged out on their end before letting them log back in again.

This is the problem with Always-Online stuff - remember this when people get mad that people skip a game when hearing it needs an internet connection. Always online is bad for consumers and battle.net is one of the worst out there.
  • Good session last night. WTL 2 capstone dungeon done, up to level 3. Explained about nightmare dungeons etc, done a couple of them, actually class challenges with the modifiers. Also managed to do a world boss. Me and Chaz also had Djorn fire in and we made a pretty good trio! Whirly boys go brrrrrrrr!!

When the gettings good with Diablo, it's real good. Today is all about upgrading my load out to a full sacred legendary one. Needing specific imprints though, so I'm off in search of dungeons.
  • Good stuff! Nightmare dungeons are cool, and as their levels go up the modifiers and difficulty becomes brutal. 

Jump on those Helltides as well when you see them, they're great for gearing up. Just kill stuff and collect the cinders then use those to unlock chests scattered about. Most of the chests show up as icons on the map and can be unlocked with between 75 and 125 cinders, but there are also secret 175 cinder chests hidden around. Those are absolutely the ones to go for as they can drop up to 5 legendary items including sacreds.
  • Oh fuck yeah, we done some Helltide last. Poorly timed death and a last min scramble after ten solid mins searching for the secret one. Closest chest was 125 to open.... I had 124.... Ran out of time because I'm an idiot.

:(
  • Oh man that's rough, and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't died similarly. More than once.
  • Managed a couple of mystery chests in Helltide yesterday with Chaz. Also done a dungeon with a aspect crucial to my build so now, barring one aspect that's not a dungeon reward and already imprinted holding me back from upgrading as its so crucial to how I play, I'm really feeling the extra stats paragon & sacred items give you. WTL 3 a doddle now pretty much. Whirly go BRRRRR, indeed.

Apart from the lvl72 big big lad we found during Helltide. We had help from a similarly levelled random to us and we coulda probably took it with a bit of work, but once they bailed and Chaz ran out of potions, we had to bail too. I'll get you one day, cunt!
  • Butcher gone and killed me again.
  • I’m at level 60 sorc now and still not seen the butcher once hahah attacks really starting to work now and gel

Will be on later
  • I've read that WTL 2 can be ignored. Level up on WTL 1 then hit 3 as soon as it unlocks.

I dunno, just putting it out there.
  • Yup, that seems the best strat, especially for solo play. I did level in tier 2 but I was playing co-op the whole time where it was a breeze.
  • Co-op level 2 is fun. Good balance, still tough enough.
  • I didn't spend much time in 2 tbh. Strength in numbers made me get over that initial hump. Once you equip a few sacreds yer all good.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Level 30 and I'm enjoying it, but really I don't know why. Most of the time with a bunch of enemies on screen I can't see what's going on at all, and I'm just spamming the attack button and the other attacks as soon as they cool down. The constant level scaling means that it never really gets more difficult or easier. I guess the constant loot is keeping me happy but I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing
  • Are you "building", at least? Your build, that is. Look at what legendaries you get, see what aspects (the bit at the end of the stats in writing that's unique to that weapon) you have and choose skills that take advantage of it.

There's also a more detailed stats menu that can come up when you compare items, you can turn it on in settings, where it shows exactly what stats are gonna get buffed by equipping, but also crucially what you'll then miss out on. Comes very useful when building.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The building is completely irrelevant when you can just spam attacks and deal with anything though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!