Diablo IV
  • Ok. Up the difficulty then? It'll soon become more important what you do there.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm on the highest it'll let me choose. I had the same issue with D3. The game wants you to play through it several times, but if I've bored myself playing through it once to make it actually interesting the second time though.....they can frankly fuck right off.
  • Fair enough. Different numberwang horses for courses.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I just find it frustrating because it's right up my street and I should love it, but I feel nothing.
  • That's because you're dead inside.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Liking the cut of this guys jib:

A good wee ten mins on how, really, you can play this however you want, and chasing meta is silly. But more importantly, that fear of not "doing it right" with builds, or fomo from maybe not synergising everything efficiently, is okay. Just chill, build how you want (use keywords!), and have some fun.

Learned a lot about paragon from his endgame strats vid. Gonna mess about with my second board runes etc when I'm home.
  • I'm up to the start of Act IV now.  Where the heck are all the cinematics?  I've had a couple of almost-in-game engine cutaways, but nothing special.  Unlike D3 that had kick ass cinematics at the end of every Act.

Do I have to wait till the very end for this much lauded 8min cinematic then?

(I am very much enjoying my rapid fire & caltrop rogue 'build' at the moment though!)
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • That 8 min cinematic is towards the end, yeah. It is really damn good, but you're right there are no where near enough of 'em.
  • I’m having an issue where my guy is tearing it up lvl62 ….. but if get hit a few decent digs I’m a dead man
  • Aye, I feel that. Had to rework my rogue to stay alive longer at world tier 3, but I still feel squishy compared to other classes. I s'pose this is the rogue way. Level 15+ nightmare dungeons are where I notice it most, especially those with high amounts of stun/poison enemies.
  • I haven't played much this last week tbh, and I think I'm gonna take a lil break 'til the seasonal stuff kicks in. Still enjoying it but y'know, I need that palate cleanser.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Every time I get a friend request on this it gives me an error message when I try to accept. Is there a time limit in which to accept them or something like that?
  • Hmm. Are they from the same online service? Only thing I could think of is you don't have cross-play or cross-platform communication enabled and it's from players on another format? Complete stab in the dark. Haven't heard of a time limit.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've had a couple from folk on here and I haven't been able to accept them. I don't know what platforms they are on but I have played at least one session cross platform with Xbox and ps5 together, so I guess I have that turned on.
  • I will be on later probs for a razz after some packing
    Kow it did the same to me a few times but it did work ,I’ve got you on it
    or
    join the bear and badger clan and we can all see each other on it anyway
  • Blocks100 wrote:

(I am very much enjoying my rapid fire & caltrop rogue 'build' at the moment though!)

High five. Early days for me. Barely out of first area. Level 15.

Dabbled very very briefly in d3, but otherwise first diablo since OG.

Qol is generally there.

Kinda sorta interesting question to me whether there's a slightly different game in there if the b dodge isn't stuck behind a timer and you actually had to worry about being hit.

But clearly the fun is aiming to be having a bunch of ridic powers mapped to all the buttons down the bottom and watching the pretty colours and numbers pop off. Which is fine, because it's fuckin diablo.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Indeed.

Loving doing me some Helltide. My fave way to play Diablo is just go go go. Inventory mgmt/point assignment can come when we go back to town but until then we don't stop moving until everything moving is dead. Pure razz. Helltide is all for it. Even better when a couple randoms help you take down a boss 20lvls above you!

Lost in this game. So good.
  • Just hit level 20. Have gems. Visited the person who can add sockets and remove gems from items. But I assume I need more refined gems to actually socket them?

I have a bunch of items with slots. Cannot see obvious way to add gems. I assume it'll come via a quest to explain?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Putting gems on is done by you in the inventory. Everything else, the jeweler. Also, your stash quantities of gems count in the menu for combining them with the jeweler, but whatever is crafted goes to your inventory.
  • Tbh I am finding gems to be quite underwhelming in Diablo 4. Back in the OG days rubies added fire damage, sapphires added cold damage etc. But the buffs that D4's gems give you, like adding a percentage damage increase to Overpower (which only has a fixed 3% chance of triggering) all seems a tad meh.

And you can only add new sockets to items with an incredibly rare drop item.

What am I missing here?
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Nothing really. That rare drop becomes less rare.  I've got 10 and I'm just doing normal mid-60s singleplayer stuff. NM dungeons mainly.

For me it's skulls in bling for armour, blues in gear for damage reduction whilst fortified, greens in weapons for crits to vulnerable enemies.

All I'm looking for in gear is cooldown reduction, more vulnerable and crits.  Then I piano all 4 buttons, hold RMB and wiggle it around a little until everyone dies.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've got everything sorted for S1 now.  Plan is to group farm 3 regions on the first session to level up and get max renown so as soon as WT3 is hit, it'll unlock tier 4 and 5.

Someone did the maths on renown and if you just do all the waypoints, strongholds, and dungeons then you've only got to do about 10 or so sidequests to hit max tier.  It'll stack up even in WT1.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map. This game sometimes doesn't explain things very well.

Still, I got my horsey now, so everything's alright with the world. Kind of.
  • Sure I read a thing that only locations discovered and Altars Of Lilith are the only thing that'll track across to the seasonal realm. So I've been doing them in prep.

Dev livestream tonight showing off the season. Hype!
  • That's very handy, cheers!
  • I missed the livestream so I'm catching up before work. Some cool sounding stuff here, begins 20th July.

• Yeah, all gravy to me. Looking forward to getting my head around the Malignant Hearts. The mind boggles at how much overtime the thesaurus at Blizzard must be doing. All these Words for Things. My heads spinning.

Anyway, some slight alterations to my build last night, mainly around attack speed and basic skill damage. Feeling stronk. Time to grind sigil levels. Best ive done is tier 12 with no deaths.
  • Have finally reached Hell. Can't wait for it to be over tbh. I haven't had any decent loot drop for the last three levels or more, because as a low 50 level something character in WT2 entering the Final Acts, the game has presumably judged me to be too high a level for where I am, so every Legendary or Rare that drops is infinitely inferior to my current gear.

Withdraw that constant endorphin hit of better loot, and the game turns into a empty husk.

Good luck to those about to enjoy the seasonal content, but once I get to see the end cinematic, I'm tapping out.
  • I'd hang fire because once the game is done the Capstone Dungeon unlocks which when completed opens up WT3 and that's where the real difficulty/goodies start.

Bit if that doesn't tantalise you then fair play mate.

I'm on a mission for renown. Should get to all rewards unlocked in all regions today at some point.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!