God of War
  • Completed. Loved it.

Bloody hell Cinto

Can you spoil how many hours?

Also possibly spoil too - does the game keep up the Temple of Tyr style stuff? It took until that point of the game for me to realise that this was still very much Cory Barlog's God of War, as it brought me right back to Pandora's Temple (Wiki tells me this is actually The Labyrinth)/ The Steeds of Time
  • Tempy wrote:
    Completed. Loved it.

Bloody hell Cinto

Can you spoil how many hours?

Also possibly spoil too - does the game keep up the Temple of Tyr style stuff? It took until that point of the game for me to realise that this was still very much Cory Barlog's God of War, as it brought me right back to Pandora's Temple (Wiki tells me this is actually The Labyrinth)/ The Steeds of Time

Length was probably somewhere around 25-30 hours, but I also did a fair amount of sidecontent which was some of my favourite stuff. I also have quite a few side activities left to do.

As for the second question, I’m not sure exactly what you mean. Can you be a bit more specific in a spoiler tag?
  • Tempy wrote:
    Also Kratos nearly touching his son to comfort him, only to retract his hand, angry at himself counter: 3

Oh, this. I pissed myself on the 1 I’ve seen. I was wondering how long it would take.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    SPOILERS
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Mayber
  • Sure thing Cinty

Spoiler:

I know you're pretty harsh on Spoilers Muzz but I don't think the fact that the game falls into lots of the Cold Hard Dad Trying To Love His Son tropes is spoilers. He also says BOY a lot.
  • I have also been thinking about the combat. I think ditching the Chain Blades was the smartest decision they could have made. I've watched a few of the boss fights from the older games, and the scale is so off the charts its ridiculous. It's violent and extremely over the top and a total power fantasy. 

So far I've found the combat quite fussy and hard to manage, and if I can get a bit pretentious, I think it's a really good way of supporting the themes of the game so far. Everything's a lot more physical and in your face than before and it doesn't feel - to me at least - like anywhere near as much of a power fantasy as the prior games. Even in the first boss fight, which was really ludicrous at points, there was a heft and a grounding to it that I think the older games lost by having such a distant, cinematic perspective. Not that there isn't a cinematic perspective here, the shaky-cam stuff annoys me, but it supports the ideas they're going for really well.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Sure thing Cinty

Spoiler:

Ah, ok.
    Spoiler:
  • That's cool. I can tell I am probably going to really enjoy it cos I can't stop talking about it.
  • Cinty gets 40 hours on this. I get 40 minutes. I have a balance wrong somewhere.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Been thinking about this all day ffs
  • Really wanna get this but got so much on at the mo. Think I’m alone in wishing some campaigns were a little more linear. A-B story driven without everything being open world. Would of caved without doubt on this if that were the case.

FarCry 5 and HzD are two examples at the mo I’m really enjoying but would really like to end soon.
  • There's nothing to stop you from doing that really. It's not really open world in the sense of Zelda or Horizon.
  • Tempy wrote:
    There's nothing to stop you from doing that really. It's not really open world in the sense of Zelda or Horizon.

I’d got that impression from what I’ve read of the reviews. If wrong that’s aces as gonna run through as much as possible as 3 weeks off work from tomorrow.
  • Should i upgrade to a pro for this?
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    There's nothing to stop you from doing that really. It's not really open world in the sense of Zelda or Horizon.
    I’d got that impression from what I’ve read of the reviews. If wrong that’s aces as gonna run through as much as possible as 3 weeks off work from tomorrow.

It may well drastically change, but so far it just seems to be a hub with a choice of places to explore. I think Midgard is quite big, but I am not sure about the realms yet. The first was very linear for me. I hope I'm not wrong, as I don't really want vast expanses to explore either.

As Cinty says though, reports suggest its a 35 hour thing, i've heard lower for critical path
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

The game is as linear as you want it to be. You can just follow the story and the game will tell you where to go and what to do. But, at any time, you can head off and look around. There’s a lot of very large areas in the game that will only be found if you look - but if you just want a linear campaign, it’s there for you.
  • If you just mainline this you are gonna miss so many cool things, some of the side stuff is better than the main stuff and its full of surprises.

Game is stunning graphicly and sound,
    Best played with headphones i think.
  • Yeah - headphones or good sound system are a must. You’ll miss so much otherwise. I played them with surround headphones and it’s got one of the best sound mixes I’ve ever encountered.
  • This is pure fecking cocaine like.

Area I'm in atm - WOW - also it's extremely:
    Spoiler:
  • indigoDos wrote:
    This is pure fecking cocaine like.

Spoiler:

I loved that area, and it’s a sign of how confident the game is that you can just stumble across it if you want. How many games would have an area that good and that large and not make you go there?
  • indigoDos wrote:
    This is pure fecking cocaine like.

Spoiler:

I loved that area, and it’s a sign of how confident the game is that you can just stumble across it if you want. How many games would have an area that good and that large and not make you go there?

Iv just died there about 3 times before dinner,
    Going back in 5 mins.
  • My only complaint so far is I wish I could swap Block and Aim without having to swap Light and Heavy Attack
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    What difficulty you all playing on?

So I can judge ya, like.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Balanced I think. I've died plenty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    on the list
  • This is pure fecking cocaine like. Area I'm in atm - WOW - also it's extremely:
    Spoiler:

Off top of my head I can't think of any other game with optional side-stuff of that scope and quality. 

Don't think it's been mentioned much but the lighting is just incredible at times. Must be quite a thing on pro + 4k telly with HDR enabled... must...not.....splurge.
  • What difficulty you all playing on? So I can judge ya, like.

I started it on second hardest. Found it tedious to mash buttons for ages to kill a small enemy so I put it down one step. So now I’m mashing buttons fewer times.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Did the same. Getting used to the view and controls - at first - seemed like a challenge in itself.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Circle not rolling is confusing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!