Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I miss my days of having so much free time to game. Gonna put in another couple of hours soon then can hammer it tomorrow.
  • It's amazing what a day off a pervading sense of misery can do for your gaming time
  • Tempy wrote:
    I w only just unlocked my first health upgrade about 60 or 70% of the way through, whoops
    Sounds about right - think I only got 2 full boosts by the end, not sure how many more there are. In other news, now doing some optional stuff and I’m getting destroyed.

I've had two full upgrades (and an apple to spare) so far, and one full upgrade of my rage thing.  (Which I keep forgetting to use).  I'm at the...
    Spoiler:
    I've no idea how far along that makes me, but it feels like there's a bit to go yet?
  • That's about a third of the way, at a rough guess
  • Tempy wrote:
    That's about a third of the way, at a rough guess

Lots to do yet then.  I guess I've probably filled up the health gauge doing side stuff in that case (which is fortunate, as I need it.)
  • I can't stop doing side stuff.

Feelsbad when i finally realise that im getting one shot by an enemy and just barely scratching them when i hit them with everything i have, then i just leave the area to return at a later time.
    This has happend quite a few times now.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    No retreat Digi, no surrender
  • No retreat Digi, no surrender

Arnievoice: "I'll be back"!
  • This another game you can’t swap sticks with? FFS.
  • I can’t seem to roll/evade any more. I’m obviously being a momo, but any ideas as to why Kratos is being so disobedient?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bad back
  • Whenever I see gameplay footage of this I see the xp popups or mission messages and think Shadow Of War and think noooooooooo
  • You shouldn't cos it's piss all like it.
  • It's more the font than anything.
  • Any noteworthy boss battles yet?
  • There aren't many really, it's a game thats combat mechanics are pared down to all be about brawling with a handful of people, the bosses reflect that. They're impressive, but it's nothing like the previous games.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Any noteworthy boss battles yet?

Yeh theres a few.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    This another game you can’t swap sticks with? FFS.

Playstation settings menu, swap anything you want you weird lefty! ;)
  • digi wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

If that’s true you’re a fucking legend and I’ll go back to HZD to. Could kiss you! And I’m only a lefty with games! No idea why...
  • Verecocha wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

If that’s true you’re a fucking legend and I’ll go back to HZD to. Could kiss you! And I’m only a lefty with games! No idea why...

Ohhhhh kisses.

Settings>accessibility >customise button assignments.

L>R
    R>L

• You’ve seriously just made my enjoyment of the PS4 double. No idea how this had passed me by. Awesome dude.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Whenever I see gameplay footage of this I see the xp popups or mission messages and think Shadow Of War and think noooooooooo

slip the switch off ya length for a while and witness what a big boy dev can do
  • Finished. Very impressive, even though it wasn't quite what I expected. For a game if such massive scale and constant spectacle, it's quite restrained in a lot of ways, and is all the better for it.
  • Whenever I see gameplay footage of this I see the xp popups or mission messages and think Shadow Of War and think noooooooooo

slip the switch off ya length for a while and witness what a big boy dev can do

Don't make me use my special talent.

(forreal tho, I'm hyped on this but wallet says bolt. I've still to play former gotg HZD too)
  • Verecocha wrote:
    You’ve seriously just made my enjoyment of the PS4 double. No idea how this had passed me by. Awesome dude.

Your very welcome pal.
  • Hooray for (at least a few) bosses, and for Davie saving the day.
  • I think I must have done a fair bit of exploring as I already have two health increases but am just into
    Spoiler:

Really enjoying this, especially now I can evade again. Had to restart the Pro and it righted itself.
  • i don’t know how they made this game with so much disparity and awesome look and have it hang together so competently. There’s no way a beat em up with poignant moments done well with puzzles in it should work this well.

And yet I’m really finding it hard to want to carry on. The spider sense I’m getting is that I’m super close to the top of the mountain but i see there are three kinds of impenetrable gate I haven’t unlocked yet so the game’s gonna pull some rug beneath me which is clouding my vision of the game with doom.
  • Aw sheet, this just be dat phenom. Past my bedtimes, agains.

Aw, sheet.

Mutha-fuka.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Finished. Very impressive, even though it wasn't quite what I expected. For a game if such massive scale and constant spectacle, it's quite restrained in a lot of ways, and is all the better for it.

I think this is the key for me. Even at its loudest, most violent and epic moments it still felt like a very intimate and earnestly told story. The entire final third of the game genuinely blew me away and could have been excused for ditching some of the familial themes for standard marvel finale-esque punchy punchy, but even then it stuck to its guns. Stunning.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!