Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • Oh I've missed all the goss! And dross :)
    Sounds like theres a lot going on in Halo 4, I hope it doesn't end up like MW2 where there was so many perks no one knew what the fuck was going on.
    Halo 3 or ever so slightly faster kill times for me please!

Oh and have they mentioned what the ranking system will be like.....?
  • Hulka T wrote:
    Oh I've missed all the goss! And dross :) Sounds like theres a lot going on in Halo 4, I hope it doesn't end up like MW2 where there was so many perks no one knew what the fuck was going on. Halo 3 or ever so slightly faster kill times for me please! Oh and have they mentioned what the ranking system will be like.....?

They've said it won't be like 3's.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • For all the shit it got for the boosters and what not, I much prefered it to REach.
  • Yeah, Arena seems to have been a failure. As much as I moan about second accounters, I'd prefer a return to the 1-50 thing.
  • 2nd accounters weren't a big issue for me. It was a bit of shitter when you came up against truly ridiculous players, but most 2nd accounters were 40-45 in skill at best.

The Halo 3 ranking system was great.
  • I loved to laugh in the face of generals!
    And by face I mean in their earpeace whilst teabagging them.
  • Yes, but when you're a mid 20's player coming up against them, it's a bit shit.
  • Hulka T wrote:
    I loved to laugh in the face of generals! And by face I mean in their earpeace whilst teabagging them.

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Knight wrote:
    Personally I'd like something in-between, somewhere between 1.5 and 2 seconds of every hit landing in the body mass. Roughly what Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 are.
    I've played very little of BC2 or B3 but are you sure kill times are between 1.5 and 2 seconds? 2 seconds is a really, really long time.

It obviously depends on the situation. If you take out one shots like shotguns and snipers then look at assaults, SMGs and LMGs over what might be called a typical encounter range (which are on average slightly higher in BC/BF than Halo I reckon due to more open maps) you're talking ball park 1.5-2

I'd say it certainly fell between COD and Halo even if my number guess is a bit off.
  • How does the ranking system in COD work?

It'll probably be like that.
  • Yes, but when you're a mid 20's player coming up against them, it's a bit shit.
    True, true. How the other half live! Arf.
  • JRPC wrote:
    How does the ranking system in COD work? It'll probably be like that.

Do basically anything, get given points. Unlock shit on the way. Do enough things and you get to do it all over again.
  • It's going to be a huge E3 for Halo/343.

They got us lot to appease, but have to deliver a knock-out that's going to draw in the numbers.

I guess an awesome campaign trailer and a lot of the COD-y stuff will be highlighted for MP. 

Remember this?

• JRPC wrote:

Do basically anything, get given points. Unlock shit on the way. Do enough things and you get to do it all over again.

Which has its charms.
    JRPC wrote:

• JRPC wrote:
    So here's a new one.

Check out the AR kill at the beginning. That's quick, right? Seems faster than the AR's of old I'd say. 

Also the grenade-pistol thing looks like the launcher from Reach. Face will be pleased.

Just watched this video again. Sprint is crap. No need for it in a Halo game at all, just make default movement speed fast enough. The fact that H4's sprint appears to turn you into Usain Bolt is even worse. I've heard rumours that taking damage knocks you out of sprint. This would be very, very good but after everything I've seen of H4 so far I'm not optimistic that 343 would include something so sensible.
    GT: Knight640
  • Did Dan say he was taking requests for the OP?
    How about 'PUT SOMETHING IN IT YOU SWINE!!!111!!''?
  • You could start with these Dan -

Edge Halo 3 montage -

Edge/Bear and Badger Reach montage -

Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Friday night HaLOL? Anybody on at any point?
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Friday night HaLOL? Anybody on at any point?

That'd be good actually.

Try and be on for about 10.
  • I'll be on later, and Fenton makes an appearance normally. I've not seen Yoss for ages though.
  • Could be persuaded, would be half 10 ish if I'm still awake !
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • So we're saying around 10 ish? I'm down with that, gives me time to watch the match beforehand.
  • I'll be on later, and Fenton makes an appearance normally. I've not seen Yoss for ages though.

Yeah, Yoss has gone a bit dark of late.

I threw down a serious Batman gauntlet this week and he hasn't even noticed.
  • iXSQYPPHmDiNB.gif
  • http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/06/new-halo-4-e3-preview-video.html?m=1

Now that's a Better quality vid with a sneak of campaign pics with what could be lord hood?Maybe?
  • OK jumping on.
  • Yeah I'm on seeing as I was name dropped.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Yes, but when you're a mid 20's player coming up against them, it's a bit shit.
    True, true. How the other half live! Arf.

Second accounters rendered the ranking system in Halo 3 obsolete, or at least seriously more difficult to climb. If you managed to get to 40+ you'd probably be fine, but if like me you got to around 30 something, the occasional 50 parading is a <10 would ruin your day.

I'd like 4's ranking system to be a bit like a combination or 3's and Reach's. Two ranks, one of which is simply based on number of wins (or exp) and can only ever go up. Another, which is based on ratio of wins, and can go up or down.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • quick!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!