Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • Mod74 wrote:
    All these changes are looking good.

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! DON'T YOU REALISE THIS IS A HALO THREAD AND WE ALL LOVE HALO HERE!??

Happy?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I'm not sure I follow.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    I'm not sure I follow.

Precisely.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Ok that didn't work. Never mind! These changes all sound like shit.
  • You don't like Halo, and this is looking good to you. Therefore if you like it it will be shit.
  • Having now watched the video, I have to say that at the very least, 343 better not have fucked up the campaign as well.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    I'm not sure I follow.
    Precisely.

Sorry, is there some test you're supposed to pass before liking or disliking something I was hitherto unaware of?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    *Wanders into football thread*

OMG RUGBY IS SO MUCH BETTER YOU CAN PICK UP THE BALL.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    What's the rubgy I'm saying is better than football here?
  • Mod likes the changes as he's not sold on current gameplay mechanics, we all know this so there's little point in arguing about it simply because we love the current set up.

343 are obviously trying to get Mod's types in on the action, let's hope it somehow balances out for everyone. Enough cock fighting!

BELIEVE!! It could all work out wonderfully.
  • Can we just check if mod has his tongue in his cheek before we ark up again? And even if he didn't, can we stop beating around the bush and talk in some more concrete terms?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    343 are obviously trying to get Mod's types in on the action, let's hope it somehow balances out for everyone. Enough cock fighting! BELIEVE!! It could all work out wonderfully.

In that case, I believe I'll be banging Miley Cyrus come November 6th.
  • Tell her she left her BR at mine.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    No tongue in cheek.

I like being able to have and choose a load-out. Perks, if done tastefully and with restraint, offer a lot of R/P/S nuance to an FPS.

I do hope when you say "Mod's crowd" you don't mean Call of Duty. Unless of course you mean the first Modern Warfare which was utterly sublime and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

At least they haven't added killstreaks, yet, be thankful for that.
  • Load outs are amongst my biggest gripes with Reach. I absolutely hate them, and wish them to die in a fire. Perks/AA's are also up there.

Basically, I want them make Halo 3 again.
  • Knight wrote:
    Auto turret?

Don't worry Knight, Lester, our Lord and Saviour, came up with a great solution; I'll keep respawning but the turret will run out of bullets.

Mod74 wrote:
    I do hope when you say "Mod's crowd" you don't mean Call of Duty. Unless of course you mean the first Modern Warfare which was utterly sublime and anyone who thinks this is a fool.

Fixed and yeah, totally agree buddeh.

Facewon wrote:
    can we stop beating around the bush and talk in some more concrete terms?

This is what Blueswirl is saying (I think):

Ok Mod, it's like this, Gabriella Cilmi >> Lady Gaga. Deal with it.
    Believe!
  • Mod74 wrote:
    No tongue in cheek.

I like being able to have and choose a load-out. Perks, if done tastefully and with restraint, offer a lot of R/P/S nuance to an FPS.

Agreed, however, I've only really liked it in BFBC2. MW1 was good fun, although I don't know it was the loadouts that made it that way.

The proof will be in the pudding, but all of that stuff hasn't been needed in Halo, and the later iterations weren't weaker for a lack of perks/loadouts, they got weaker because the basics got nerfed/changed in ways that weren't as satisfying.

(tbf, while the horse has bolted - Reach is never going to be numero uno on the Live list now - it is actually quite successful on it's own merits at the moment.)

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Well, put it like this, if I like the game I'll play it. If I don't I won't.

I'd hope everyone else would be sensible enough to do the same.

I'm quite happy to say they've ballsed up BF3. There's no going back to BC2. Can't stand what they've done to COD. As it stands at the moment I don't really have an FPS I really like, so I'm open minded and thinking H4 might fill that role.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    As it stands at the moment I don't really have an FPS I really like.

I hear you there. Happy enough to jump on to Reach now and again, and as I say - way too late - they've knocked into pretty good shape, but I reckon it's a little bit FPS limbo at the moment. BF3 sounds like it's jumped the shark (not that I've checked the thread recently), I haven't been able to stomach a CoD since MW, and all the up and comers have fallen flat.

• So there's 2 levels of perks then?

Any hope of us getting Halo back is gone, I think. Halo 3 - 2.0 it clearly isn't. 

Only hope now is that 343 somehow manage to balance this mess, which is doubtful given the complexity. 

Or maybe there'll be another Classic playlist to abate the fans?

Actually, that would be pretty sweet.
  • I think thats our best hope. Along with obviously customs.
  • Did not enjoy load outs in Halo but they have always worked fine in Battlefield games (especially older PC ones) for me so not against them in theory. Also Counter-Strike was basically load outs except you decided exactly what to buy at start of each round, the amount of money you had was based on how many kills you got last round. That worked very well. I'm surprised no other game has copied that actually.
  • good things come in 3's
  • So that leaked beta VHS footage. We settled on viral marketing, right?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    For my money it definitely is.
  • Oh hell yeah it is.

It's still up on youtube, EG etc.

Apparently the lovely music was used in a H3 leak years back. 

YOU SEE ITS A CLEVER IN-JOKE!
  • lame.  i miss Bungie's AR games.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Wait, so even 343's video leaks aren't as good as Bungie's?

They've got no chance here have they. Sigh.
  • I don't remember any Bungie leaks, but I Love Bees and Iris were by any standard more fun than a crap video.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!