Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • Some pre-order bonus stuff has turned up. They're going down the dreaded retailer exclusive line.

Couldn't get the pics to resize. 

Here's the link to neogaf instead.

Like the BR, not sure about the armour skins. Bit Power Rangers if you ask me. Amazon's looks the best.

Speaking of which, amazon are taking pre-orders for the LE at £65. I thought is was going to be a little more than that, so maybe best get an early order in incase its wrong. It's easily worth it for the DLC alone.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Weapon skins? Fuck off 343.
  • That preorder armour is fucking rancid.

I urge everyone not to buy any preorder shit that looks like that.  Horrible armour design.

Dubs HOLA!  I'm afraid no halols for me tonight, tomorrow possibly...
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Weapon skins? Fuck off 343.

I can see people going mental over them, sadly.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • To be honest, I quite like the idea of weapon skins. Or at least, don't really see the harm.

While I don't care for the armour skins much, I've warmed a great deal to the default Sparten 4 look lately.

Here's a nice bit of concept art. Got a bit of Avatar's floating mountains vibe going on there.

7723.Requiem.jpg
  • It's the top of a slippery slope is my issue.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    It's the top of a slippery slope is my issue.

+1
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • So this is a bit weird. 

This is a guy, in a barn, watching a leaked video (as in VHS) of the Halo 4 beta an a crappy old TV and shaky-cam filming to on what looks like an early camera phone.

Really.

Apparently it's Warhouse. The quality is atrocious but there's a few things to see. Swords, rockets, prom-vision and a nice assassination early on.

Very difficult to make anything out, but you get a sense of the speed of it. This guy uses sprint A LOT!

Bit of a mental leak. 

Oh, and it doesn't start until about 1:30.

And brace yourselves...

FAxUt.jpg?1

Shoty starts?
  • More importantly what's with the terrible music? Is that a french language version of soulja boy?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Storm Rifle? Wonder what the hell that is.
  • wtaf have they done to the shotty if it can be a starting primary? jesus.

(Although, that's the sort of thing you can chill about a little. Any footage you see is going to be custom games. Can you imagine if the only leaked footage of Halo 3 prior to release was teh awesome? Also, if there's something like Invasion then that could explain the shotties.)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • So what happens at 2:15, is he switching weapons or switching from player to player 1st person view?  the video is so ghetto I can't tell what the fuck is happening.

I imagine it's come from QA, although I'm surprised they're using VHS still.
  • And why the fuck does it pause a few seconds later so the dude can zoom in.

On the other hand as leaks go, with the music and all, this is so freaking punk-ass you have to love it.
  • Yeah I'd imagine it's so testers can perhaps use each and every weapon,especially as the screen itself is of a poor menu build as its just for that reason.

Aside from that the video gives glimpses at a good few things, the rail gun,forerunner vision and perhaps a king of the hill zone/ safe spawn zone. Weapon models that you can see look nice, rockets, sword, BR, Railgun, and pistol. And you can see the new forearm armour each time he melee's and it takes up a good portion of the screen! There's a couple of images online also from the beta of an outdoor, at least partially outdoor map that are slightly better quality but again reveal little. There over at:

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/05/halo-4-beta-media-leaked-super-low.html?m=1

Easiest way to link from my iPhone I believe!
  • First image shows something interesting, no idea what it is aside from guessing at an armour ability/ forerunner riot shield or perhaps just a trick of the image, as in a bubble shield gone wrong or just deployed etc.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    First image shows something interesting, no idea what it is aside from guessing at an armour ability/ forerunner riot shield or perhaps just a trick of the image, as in a bubble shield gone wrong or just deployed etc.

I reckon your first guess is good. riot sheild of some sort. Are they trying to mimic every CoD thing ever.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Mimicking CoD is a sure-fire method for success. Just ask the developers of Homefront, Medal of Honor, and Battlefield 3.
  • Yes, riot shield (called Hard Light Shield, apparently) as well as, I shit you not, kill cams.

One guy who played the beta who leaked some stuff was like "I loved it - it really reminds me of COD"!

In this beta, DMR was a 2-shot and had x3 zoom (BR x2). 2 melee hits from full health.
  • The music, or rather the dude rambling over the top of some good beats, is hilarious.

I'm thinking some of those camera changes might literally be the insta respawn happening.

Anyhoo, dusted off reach this arvo. The good thing is, I always seem to be able to just drop back in to halo. one round of firefight to get my eye in and remind myself of buttons, one anniv with quitters that was a bit shit, and then an awesome btb heavies game where I top scored with 32.

I note they've taken out the scorpions again, and replaced them with wraiths. I'm pretty sure there's just noway to balance scorpions. They're ok for the first few days of a map, when dudes are still learning it, and then once people have it sussed, there'll be a spot where you can just monster with it. Still, I had 15 kills with the wraith, so I won't complain.
  • HALO4: CoD EDITION. THIS TIME WE'RE JUMPING THE SHARK!

all the rubbish

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • If that video is legit, that is an awfully large amount of sprint.

If it's a troll, it's fucking masterful. 10/10.
  • The weird shift in view is kill cam apparently.
    GT: Knight640
  • Pretty much all of this newly revealed stuff is bad by the way. Riot shield, did they not learn from Armour Lock? Kill cam? Auto turret?... stop it.
    GT: Knight640
  • Jesus. It's going to be terrible. Really really terrible. I'm going to buy it and i am going to try and love it but if those videos/screens are real i'm not holding out much hope.

p.s. lol at BBC, thats awesome
  • QUITTERS RUIN LIVES!!Finish a game on classic 31 kills 0 deaths, expecting a gluttony of medals but because some turds quit the other team half way through and then towards the end I only get 28 accounted kills and just the perfection. Minor grumble but still.
  • I so wish I'd seen this live.

It was meant to be the UN crest!

whata mistaka to maka!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfIWLDSSFTdIZmctrVXItaFnO6mZzePkMlkwDmK2EHKgAy2VOo

In more depressing news - shit's going down. Turns out perks were the least of our problems.

This vid covers most of it I think.

Worrying times.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    All these changes are looking good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!