Darksiders 2
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    He asks in a thread where Face has been singing it's praises since page 1

Like I read this shit. Anyway, he knows what I'm talking about from chatting about the first game. Maybe I should be more specific so people I haven't asked a question of can better understand my question.

Cheers Fizog, life's too short.

Love Film wont let me take another payment break and there's nothing on the horizon barring Revengeance and the Dark Souls DLC. There's no way I'm giving this lot another 20-30 hours without solid confirmation (from someone who understands the issues with the first game) that a large section of this one isn't filler.
    There doesn't seem to be anything worth taking a punt on.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Is there any time limit issues with sidequests at all? Do I need to make sure I complete certain quests before moving on or does it not matter?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I have a feeling that considering the Zelda style game world system, and the fact you can fast travel means you can tackle them much later after you've gained abilities to make them easier.
    Or is it the case that you're wondering if there's an event that will make it impossible to go back and do them once you pass it?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    I have a feeling that considering the Zelda style game world system, and the fact you can fast travel means you can tackle them much later after you've gained abilities to make them easier. Or is it the case that you're wondering if there's an event that will make it impossible to go back and do them once you pass it?

The latter. Just want to check that some event isn't going to occur that fucks up the sidequests and then I can't do them. As I've just been going through the story stuff so far (although I don't think I'm that far into it at the mo).
    Spoiler:
  • The point of no return is right at the end of the game, prior to that there is no cut off point.
  • Super, ta.
  • Yeah, it's pretty obvious where the point of no return is.

(And you can choose to not jump to NG+ when you finish the game proper and just crack on with side quests if you want, it takes you back to the save before. Just means you have to fight the final boss again to jump over to NG+.)

Also, it's pretty obvious when you are in a bit with areas you can't access yet, there's specific triggers around, and if you can't operate them, then you know you just have to wait. There's a few spots in the Forge lands that require an ability you don't get until the final quarter.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Arguls Tomb is now available. You should have a code in an e-mail!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Been plodding through, in The Land of the Dead now. Just did Pharsee's Tomb (or however you spell it), and got the
    Spoiler:
    Tis still great fun, very enjoyable.
  • Should I be worried I haven't received an e-mail about my Argul's tomb DLC?
  • It's only just came out hasn't it? Checked their forums?

In other news, this game looooves the rule of three.
  • Seems I haven't redeemed my code yet. will do it later
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Seems I haven't redeemed my code yet. will do it later

Just about to say this. Once you redeem you should get the code quite quickly.
  • Darksiders website won't let me redeem my 16 digit code. Some sort of error.
    Poor show THQ, poor show.
  • Sucks man.

I'm on the final third now, just heading onto
    Spoiler:
    I do enjoy my time in the game, just wish I had more time to sit down and enjoy it more often.
  • I'm stuck on some floating head mid boss in the second dungeon, or whatever it is.
    Bloody annoying floating heads and giant bad asses...
  • Just finished the last main dungeon, just the final boss to go. Going to back track and complete all the side missions first before finishing it all off. I am still loving this too, the last dungeon in particular was great fun.
  • So I then got ready to venture into the Soul Arbiters maze, looking forward to some head spinning puzzling, fighting and platforming. Only to find its basically just another arena mode. Sod that.
  • So I then got ready to venture into the Soul Arbiters maze, looking forward to some head spinning puzzling, fighting and platforming. Only to find its basically just another arena mode. Sod that.

Yeah it's a bit annoying, but doesn't take too long to get through. Plus you can leave and go back to the latest level you've completed whenever you want.

I didn't bother with most of the secrets as they were just chests, but there is some legendary scythes on level 5 which give you health back every hit which is handy.

Speaking of legendary weapons, is there any point in keeping the older ones at all? They aren't any good for my level any more but dunno if I should hold on.
  • I will probably go back to it. I had just put a lot of hours into the game over the weekend and just wanted to finish it, so an arena mode really wasn't what I wanted! I didn't start new game plus so I have just gone back to my last save, ready to mop some stuff up. I also have the dlc to do at some point.
  • I'm just mopping up the collectables myself. Not got a huge amount left to get, then I'll finish the game on Normal and it's back through on Nightmare! Then once I'm level 30 it'll be Crucible time...
  • Can anyone tell me whether this game runs at 720 or 1080? (PS3) - the back of the box shows all resolutions but it seems to default to 720 on mine? (it's running on a 40" LED Bravia - cant see it being a TV issue)
  • Free with gold. Worth a go if you haven't played it yet.
  • I played 6hrs of the first one. Never again. I've heard platinum like the franchise so I'll play the third one if they make it.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Played the hell out of the first but just couldn't get into the second - seemed very dis jointed and was a wee bit too fantasy for my taste.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Just starred the first one: pretty dated but seems like good solid fun.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • There was a bit in the first that summed it up for me. I had to kill a few dudes and hit a switch to open a door or something. The dudes were near the door, the switch was up some stairs and along a catwalk, then back down the stairs. An extra minute in the simplest actions, all the time.

This is why game length is my enemy and why I stalk forums to argue with people that complain that game x is too short. Do you want every every switch to be moved 30 seconds away from the door it opens? There's an extra hour of gameplay right there. You now have more bang for your buck.
  • I'm sure the second one was on Plus last year. Good fun, like a goth Zelda.
  • Structure of it is all Zelda and the general combat was more fun IMO. If was just that padding. It could've been a tight as fuck experience.
  • Yeah, it's flawed, but good. I might go back in this thread and find my love letters about the weapon upgrading, which is fucking awesome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!