The Last of the Mario Kart Wine
  • They give a speed boost upto 10. I'm not sure if its incremental each coin or you just get the boost at ten. Shame on me, i should know this shit but i've been so distracted by other games and I was put off by all the shortcuts so early on that i've not dedicated much time to this yet. (only 50hours).
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Only 50 hours, he says. Cheers for the pointers MK, I'll have another run at some point.
    Vastik wrote:
    Why the emphasis on coin collection? Do they give you a slight speed boost like the original MK? I thought they were just for unlocking new parts now.

Yup, you get faster the more coins you're carrying. I've beaten my own times before by taking a slightly longer (but more coin-laden) route on lap 1.

I'm pretty sure it's per coin as well. Previously easy corners get a bit hairier at 5 or so coins. Might just be my imagination.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    This video seems to have most of the things that MK was talking about; using the mushrooms to boost over the third turn (at least on laps 2 and 3), not bothering with the short cut, and diving with the hang glider to get a weird boosting effect.

I'll be nabbing these tips.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • i'll find the wr later.

Coin collection is very important on tracks like luigi raceway and kalimari desert!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Do you know of the guy from the video I posted, MK? He links to mariokart64.com in the video description.
  • yes, he's a regular poster on mk64's forum/mk7 page.

Here's my stats blue
    1j6no8.jpg
    So year, 60 odd hours. Doesn't feel that much though. Played alot on my last holiday i think but now realise I was quite shit. Good to take a break and come back to it.
  • And the WR

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Do all the real men drive in first person?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • haha, no!

Its just for the replay. The 3rd person replay is fucking awful. Its the worst thing about the game and no one likes it. You can't work out from it wtf is happening. Bring back the mk64/mksc/mkdd replays from behind the kart.

Its easier to work out how the turns are being made and the lining up if you do it in 1st person, you can also see every MT. So just before the replay most people switch it to fp. Most of the top players will then do a 2nd replay in 3p for anyone who wants it.. (the noobs)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I tried to copy the world record man. It was embarrassing and I failed to beat even my own previous record.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I tried to copy the world record man. It was embarrassing and I failed to beat even my own previous record.
    Likewise!
  • likewise :) I can't get the new strat to work just yet but give it time. I was in wagamamas playing at lunch and about .5 infront of my ghost but crashed on the sails again. FFS.

Did the new strat lap 2 and didn't really find it a time saver. That again might come down to who i'm using now as its not the same combo as the wr.

Also, some little tricks.. you all know about fast falling and the hopping on hills trick right? :)
  • hi guys, i'm new here - i also suck at this game. 

for what it's worth, my 'record' on daisy hills is 1:59:236. beat that! :-)
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    1:54:034

HMMMMMMMMMM I thought that was amazing.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It is compared to my best time!

Just a quick reminder guys - this closes for entries on Monday.
  • 1:53:714.

FACT: Turning the in-game music down and listening to Testarossa Autodrive (SebAstian) makes you better at MK7.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    pandajimmy wrote:
    hi guys, i'm new here

Welcome, jimmy.

Also, spent some time grinding Daisy Hills tonight, stealing some of mk64's hints and tips; immediately got my time down to 1m 50.340s. Spent the next hour cursing at my 3DS as I repeatedly fucked up near perfect runs in really stupid ways. Finally cracked 1m 50 with a 1m 49.851 run. Decided to call it quits at that point, play some Xenoblade and chill out.

No idea where I'm going to get the other three seconds to beat mk64's time. I tried using Wario but I struggled with him on the corners. Eventually went back to Metal Mario, but switched out my tyres for the slicks. That seemed to do the trick. The other thing that seemed to help was making sure I was already turning after jumping over the ramp on the third turn, doing the little "hop" in mid-air so I was sliding when I hit the ground. No sparks, mind, just meant I didn't plough straight into the fence after landing.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Photographic proof as I don't think I'm going to beat this time in a while. Apologies for shoddy webcam pic.

Photoon2012-05-27at1635.jpg
  • will post my pic tomorrow.

blue, record your run with your phone and whack it on youtube. I'll give you some pointers.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    will post my pic tomorrow. blue, record your run with your phone and whack it on youtube. I'll give you some pointers.

No can do, don't have a smart phone.

Out of interest, how do we watch replays? I can't work it out, always end up racing my own ghost.
  • My final will and testimony - 1:49:565. Pathetic, I know. 

Still, dipping under that 1:50 mark felt really good. How do you post pics on here again?
  • so i managed a little pr and i'll post the run up in a minute. I still crashed on the windmill lap 3..

loving the avatar jimmy. One of the best.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Dammit, my second place is shot. CURSES.
  • and i had a missed red mt on lap 2, i couldn't believe it.
  • Crack that 3DS out, Swirl.
    mk64 wrote:
    loving the avatar jimmy. One of the best.
    thankees, and agreed.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Photographic proof as I don't think I'm going to beat this time in a while. Apologies for shoddy webcam pic.

Photoon2012-05-27at1635.jpg

whats pipe frame?

dont you have zuccini, blue 7 or bdasher or something? I'm sure this kart isn't good for this track..

• here's mine: 

[img=20x20]Photo4-3.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    whats pipe frame? dont you have zuccini, blue 7 or bdasher or something? I'm sure this kart isn't good for this track..

I unlocked it at 4500 coins, I think. It looks like the normal kart, but more bare bones. I have the other karts you mentioned, just not tried them out yet.
  • use the other karts :D they're much better!

ok, here's my video, the view is wrong and i've edited it but it'll take a while for it to take effect according to youtube. So maybe go and view it in an hour or two? Note the windmill hit at the end (epic fail) and spot the missed red MT on the first corner of lap 2.

• lol, sorry, just realised you can also hear my baby whinging in the background. She's actually trying to point out my poor racing lines obviously :P I can confirm thats normal behaviour.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!