Punching ozno in the fuck - boxing and MMA for girlie men
  • Wilder usually smashes his opponents when he's had the rematches.

Fury was barely in shape and coming back from depression/booze/drugs/being 400lbs + in the first match.

It should be a really good fight, Wilder might have adapted for Fury's movement and lean back style, Fury should be in much better shape and hopefully won't do any show boating in early rounds after getting dipped in the 12th.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Tbh am really more buzzing for Felder v Hooker at UFC Auckland this weekend.

Anyway, here's a good read
    https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28653496/could-mma-fighters-cut-boxing-ring

I'm telling y'all, Jorge would fuck top tens up.
  • MMA fighters who are good at boxing could easily be boxers, imho, so agree.

But I would say you'd either need to be gifted or concentrating super hard with boxing and not muay thai or kickboxing for your striking if you wanted to complete with the best boxers.

Imho and all that, not meant as a dig at MMA athletes, just that all boxers do all day is boxing, so they are gonna have an experience edge in a straight up boxing match.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • You're spot on. I'll rephrase to: if Jorge was to "do a Conor" it'd be less of a shitshow and more an actual contest, imo. He'd still lose on points bar a lucky KO.
  • Conor should challenge Roy Jones Jr next.
  • 51 year old RJJ vs Conor, Dana I kno u lurking, less make it happen dawg!
  • "We'll see how it plays out"

For real, Manny just signed with his management team. Definitely see them fighting if he falls out with the UFC negotiations again. Oh yay!!!..
  • Anyone watching this? Fury totally outboxing Wilder here, proper aggressive approach.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Wow
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I've never given Fury enough credit, but Wilder genuinely cannot box. He can hit, but he can't box, without his stopping power he'd never have got out of club level. I was surprised he lasted as long as he did, many refs would have stopped it a few rounds earlier. Just a shame that he'll get another go, dark days for this division, needs a few folk that can actually box to stand up
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • With you there. Wilder is totally one dimensional no doubt, but is where he is because his corner has picked his fights much like Joshua's team has.

Based on that performance I don't think Joshua will have much of a say in stopping Fury.
  • Joshua is a much better boxer than Wilder. He might not have that punch, but I'd back him over 12 rounds.
  • Fury v AJ will be nuts. A proper boxing contest.
  • But it'll never happen because boxing is ran by people only really matched by the SFA in their complete and utter single minded incompetence.
  • Joshua is a much better boxer than Wilder. He might not have that punch, but I'd back him over 12 rounds.

Your Nan's a better boxer than wilder. But wilder still knocks out AJ, everyone. That's because AJ is only barely just a better boxer than your nan
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Ayyyy, he done it.

Feel bad for Wilder, the stoppage may have been a tad early, but he'd already taken the shots, been to inspect the canvas and was bleeding everywhere anytime Fury touched him afterwards. He looked like he was hanging on from the end if the 5th onwards.

People in his training camp may want to go back and think about what they trained for, because everything other than those rights he landed did nothing, I think trying to get him to improve his jab out whatever the fuck he was doing was a mistake, he wasn't going to get his technical ability up to Fury's standards, imo in my armchair with 20/20 hindsight they should have worked on how to try to read Fury's feints and his head movement after throwing a punch so they had a better chance at landing the sleepy right hand. At this point in time, play to your strengths etc.

Fury vs. AJ would be great, I dont know if AJs team will want it, they didn't particularly want Wilder before, I doubt they want the guy that beat Wilder either. AJ is a good boxer, but right now he and his team are running more like a business, he's everywhere on sponsorships, it would be a huge risk/reward for him to take that fight with those kinds of future deals on the line, unless he was sure he was going to win. Imho and that.
  • Fury v AJ will be nuts. A proper boxing contest.

This, however, is a no contest. It'll happen in the UK and Fury will win every single round. He probably won't get caught at all.
  • Fury has a boxing intelligence you don't see too often, reminds me a bit of Ali but without the class. Wilder was left-jabbed to bits. Fury's hard to fight because he doesn't really fight like anyone else and certainly not a like heavyweight. Also his sheer mentalness gives him an advantage few other boxers have. Fair play to Wilder for keeping going but he was going to get damaged if that'd kept up.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I can’t see how Joshua can beat Fury when he didn’t have the common sense to beat Ruiz the first time.
  • Eric wrote:
    With you there. Wilder is totally one dimensional no doubt, but is where he is because his corner has picked his fights much like Joshua's team has.

Based on that performance I don't think Joshua will have much of a say in stopping Fury.

Even though this is true he still lasted 12 rounds with Fury and was in a whisker of beating Fury.

It’s easy to say he’s one dimensional and he can’t box but I think that undersells someone who has won 41 fights. Even if you have a good punch a good boxer should be able to mitigate that (as fury did last night).

• Yeah exactly. It's not that Wilder is not a good boxer, it's just that he's not very technical. You don't have to be, if you only start boxing when you're 20 and find out you are a punching machine, and you basically knockout everyone you fight, it ain't broke don't fix it.
  • Bless. Got in on youtube before folks took down full replays. Fury fucked him up good
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I didn't realise Wilder has first dibs on a rematch. That's exactly the stupid kind of idea promoters get in their heads when they have one good title fight. He'd be silly to take it and seems sensible enough so presumably not. £20M is plenty already so he should hang up his gloves.

Joshua is going to get mauled if he takes it on, which he should by rights. Never fight a mental 40yr old gypsy. If I were Joshua I wouldn't even fight Fury's Dad.
  • Fury is 31 year old
  • I said that like does. Always year not years. Please like and subscribe
  • Fury is 31 year old

I may be getting confused with Brad pitt in Snatch.
  • I didn't realise Wilder has first dibs on a rematch. That's exactly the stupid kind of idea promoters get in their heads when they have one good title fight. He'd be silly to take it and seems sensible enough so presumably not. £20M is plenty already so he should hang up his gloves.

Joshua is going to get mauled if he takes it on, which he should by rights. Never fight a mental 40yr old gypsy. If I were Joshua I wouldn't even fight Fury's Dad.

Er. It’s a normal clause when a champion fights a challenger. To take into account the lucky punch etc. Joshua wouldn’t be champion withiout it
  • nick_md wrote:
    I'm not particularly proud of my viewing habits, ftr.

Straight up, get used to knowing where youtube history is.

Don't be shy to nuke it every now and then and don't be shy to selectively remove stuff. It works.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I didn't realise Wilder has first dibs on a rematch. That's exactly the stupid kind of idea promoters get in their heads when they have one good title fight. He'd be silly to take it and seems sensible enough so presumably not. £20M is plenty already so he should hang up his gloves. Joshua is going to get mauled if he takes it on, which he should by rights. Never fight a mental 40yr old gypsy. If I were Joshua I wouldn't even fight Fury's Dad.
    Er. It’s a normal clause when a champion fights a challenger. To take into account the lucky punch etc. Joshua wouldn’t be champion withiout it

Yes but they had a trilogy clause from the getgo. Fury/Wilder had automatic first dibs twice before the first fight and that can lead to a certain amount of financial preplanning.
  • Are you sure you're not just getting confused because the first one was a draw?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!