Cryptocurrency, Blockchain and buy Roujcoin now [ROU]
  • I put the utter pish talked about crypto down to two key factors:
    1) Miss understanding that the rest of the world has simlair conditions as Western Europe / North America in terms of accessibility to bank accounts and stability of currencies
    2) That the “future” (whenever that may be) will have a crypto landscape identical to today’s offerings

Yeah bitcoin is slow and volatile but this is a challenge to be overcome or they will be super seeded. In a truly global economy (which the internet is) Fiat is not fit for purpose.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Good that western speculators are totally fucking it for them then.

Create X-coin, developing world adopts X-coin increasing it's value, West notices, speculation causes volatile and hiked pricing, developing world locked out. Repeat.

It's like blood diamonds without the need to leave your house.

Crypto is still tied into FIAT because you can exchange one for the other. Until you can stop that the cycle will repeat.
  • It’s a new market with low liquidity, early big investors (whales) are dragging it all over the place to make money. As it matures and more established investors come in it will settle down.

• Or they won't and it won't.
    You pays your money, you takes your chance.
  • I still haven’t heard one argument against blockchain & crypto that is as persuasive as customers won’t buy stuff online cause they won’t be able to touch the product

• I still haven’t heard one argument against blockchain & crypto that is as persuasive as customers won’t buy stuff online cause they won’t be able to touch the product
    Well what you wrote makes no sense, so I really want to see these arguments that are even less persuasive than that blurb of text. Call it intellectual curiosity.
  • Firstly separate blockchain arguments from crypto arguments.
    Its like trying to have a discussion about cash and people keep bringing up the printing press or smelting. No one is arguing that blockchain maydoes have uses.

The major argument that keeps being ignored is that crypto is a house built on sand. There are no foundations, nothing to prop it up or support it, there are no assets linked to it, no government or known body to act as a guarantor for it, it cant recuperate losses through tax.
    As Gonzo keeps saying, the speculation is based purely on further speculation, you only make money on it if you sell it to someone before it drops below what you bought it for, eventually someone will lose. Seeing as it is linked to nothing like stock or property it is impossible for anyone to tell when it will drop in value, might be never, might be by the time I finish this sentence. It is a total gamble, you would be more informed putting money on a horse.

As a currency used by developing nations. There is a limit for how long this can go on. It bypasses taxes so governments will eventually tax it, close it down (probably start an impossible war on drugs scenario) or adopt it and grubby it up with their own problems like GDP. Not to mention that where corruption is rife (many developing countries unfortunately) crypto only serves to hide it more than before.
    Crypto is good for the individual in developing nations but will ultimately be bad for the country.
  • Who is ignoring it? I'd say 50% of us in the thread agree with you. You want to convince 100%? Come on, realisitic goals!! :)
  • Imagine buying a pint using bitcoin, then buying a second round to find the price has moved 20%. They might be used to that in Zimbabwe but not in Croydon.

Yes yes I know I'm exaggerating but crypto can never replace fiat unless it becomes fiat. It's always pegged or referenced to a particular currency. The one you get paid in, for example.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Imagine buying a pint using bitcoin, then buying a second round to find the price has moved 20%. 
    Compound that with what the landlord paid for the barrell yesterday, the diesel the delivery driver put in the van at the start of the week. The tenancy agreement the landlord signed up to 6 months ago, plus the fixed term mortgage the property owner signed up for 2 years ago.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    I still haven’t heard one argument against blockchain & crypto that is as persuasive as customers won’t buy stuff online cause they won’t be able to touch the product
    Well what you wrote makes no sense, so I really want to see these arguments that are even less persuasive than that blurb of text. Call it intellectual curiosity.
    Struggling to understand how you can miss interpret my post, anyhow:
    Back in the mid 90s market research pointed to e-commerce being a bone starter as customers wanted to touch the product before purchasing, fast forward 20 years and it’s commonplace.
    Overcoming this physical barrier seems much more complicated than steadying the variance in BTC’s price or improving payment cost or times.

• Two totally different things.

Remember when everyone said Harry Kane was a one season wonder? Yeah best buy some bitcoin.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42809676

Arsenal signs crypto-currency deal with gaming firm CashBet
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Kazuo wrote:

Amen to that.

And that.
  • Yeah harry Kane’s performance was a mass social change to adopt a new technology

• https://www.coinspeaker.com/2018/01/23/id2020-alliance-partners-microsoft-hyperledger-un-build-digital-identity-system/amp/

United Nations partnering with Microsoft and the hyperledger initiative.

If hyperledger means nothing to you. It's an open source blockchain project, which has had 10s of millions pumped into it.

Some of the companies involved:

Members of the initiative included blockchain ISVs, (Blockchain, ConsenSys, Digital Asset, R3, Onchain), well-known technology platform companies (Cisco, Fujitsu, Hitachi, IBM, Intel, NEC, NTT DATA, Red Hat, VMware), financial services firms (ABN AMRO, ANZ Bank, BNY Mellon, CLS Group, CME Group, the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC), Deutsche Börse Group, J.P. Morgan, State Street, SWIFT, Wells Fargo), Business Software companies like SAP, Systems integrators and others such as: (Accenture, Calastone,Wipro, Credits, Guardtime, IntellectEU, Nxt Foundation, Symbiont).
  • Yeah harry Kane’s performance was a mass social change to adopt a new technology
    But the argument is the same.
    "People were wrong before"

So what? That is the most scrapiest of barrel scraping arguments to anything.
    How many tech ventures have failed trying to bring a mass social change?

Crypto will fail, everyone said we would have flying cars by now and it didnt happen.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah harry Kane’s performance was a mass social change to adopt a new technology

Its the value of the coin that's the issue. At the moment it's value is inflated because it is (was) seen as a sure fire bet that its value would increase. But that's based on flawed thinking. Bitcoin has no exclusive benifits over any other cryptocurrency, not if you use it for the purpose it's intended for - buying stuff.

The supply of bitcoin is limited, but the supply of cryptocurrency isn't. Once other equally as secure, but easier and cheaper to use, cryptocurrencies are available then where is the value in a bitcoin? Why is it worth more than the others?
    But the argument is the same. "People were wrong before" So what? That is the most scrapiest of barrel scraping arguments to anything. How many tech ventures have failed trying to bring a mass social change? Crypto will fail, everyone said we would have flying cars by now and it didnt happen.
    Yeah crypto will fail just like flying cars - you have convinced me

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah harry Kane’s performance was a mass social change to adopt a new technology

Its the value of the coin that's the issue. At the moment it's value is inflated because it is (was) seen as a sure fire bet that its value would increase. But that's based on flawed thinking. Bitcoin has no exclusive benifits over any other cryptocurrency, not if you use it for the purpose it's intended for - buying stuff.

The supply of bitcoin is limited, but the supply of cryptocurrency isn't. Once other equally as secure, but easier and cheaper to use, cryptocurrencies are available then where is the value in a bitcoin? Why is it worth more than the others?

Greater brand knowledge, I expect that it’s got the widest acceptability as well. I feel safe in assuming that, while the number is still low, more places accept BC than any of its competitors.
    Its the value of the coin that's the issue. At the moment it's value is inflated because it is (was) seen as a sure fire bet that its value would increase. But that's based on flawed thinking. Bitcoin has no exclusive benifits over any other cryptocurrency, not if you use it for the purpose it's intended for - buying stuff. The supply of bitcoin is limited, but the supply of cryptocurrency isn't. Once other equally as secure, but easier and cheaper to use, cryptocurrencies are available then where is the value in a bitcoin? Why is it worth more than the others?
    Agree I don’t believe Bitcoin will be (one of) the end winner although it may evolve to address its limitations

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    FWIW, I don’t see cryptocurrencies going away as they offer an easy and untraceable way to transfer money. I don’t think that they’ll replace national currencies either, certainly not within our lifetimes. They’ll sit in a niche being nichey.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

Greater brand knowledge, I expect that it’s got the widest acceptability as well. I feel safe in assuming that, while the number is still low, more places accept BC than any of its competitors.

That's why it's at the price it is now, but it doesn't relate to its value.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Its the value of the coin that's the issue. At the moment it's value is inflated because it is (was) seen as a sure fire bet that its value would increase. But that's based on flawed thinking. Bitcoin has no exclusive benifits over any other cryptocurrency, not if you use it for the purpose it's intended for - buying stuff. The supply of bitcoin is limited, but the supply of cryptocurrency isn't. Once other equally as secure, but easier and cheaper to use, cryptocurrencies are available then where is the value in a bitcoin? Why is it worth more than the others?
    Agreed but things can change so quickly, remember when MySpace was the king of social media

• Yossarian wrote:
    FWIW, I don’t see cryptocurrencies going away as they offer an easy and untraceable way to transfer money. I don’t think that they’ll replace national currencies either, certainly not within our lifetimes. They’ll sit in a niche being nichey.
    I would make that bet 2 to 1 and I am 44!

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

Agreed, I just think that at the moment they are massively inflated, and will crash back down in price (some more than others).

• Not being able to physically touch and see the thing you’re buying is still a barrier to e-commerce. If it wants to completely replace physical sales, it will have to overcome it. It’s not surprising that amazon took off on the back of book sales, which don’t really need to be seen to be bought. For a long time people didn’t trust the internet with their money either. Better security has solved that sort of. These problems had to be solved or addressed anyway, they didn’t just sort themselves out.

Bit off track anyway. It’s totally legit to ask these questions about bitcoin, crypto. People will definitely want a stable currency if they’re going to earn money in it and save with it.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    I still haven’t heard one argument against blockchain & crypto that is as persuasive as customers won’t buy stuff online cause they won’t be able to touch the product
    Struggling to understand how you can miss interpret my post, anyhow:
    Back in the mid 90s market research pointed to e-commerce being a bone starter as customers wanted to touch the product before purchasing, fast forward 20 years and it’s commonplace.
    Overcoming this physical barrier seems much more complicated than steadying the variance in BTC’s price or improving payment cost or times.

So that argument was not persuasive, and you have yet to see an argument which is as persuasive as that argument which was not persuasive at all? Makes perfect sense!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!