Cryptocurrency, Blockchain and buy Roujcoin now [ROU]
  • You could have all the same arguments about blockchain, Harry Kane and flying car-plane whether BC was $10 a coin or $100,000 a coin. Neither tells you if it's worth buying at the current price.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    I still haven’t heard one argument against blockchain & crypto that is as persuasive as customers won’t buy stuff online cause they won’t be able to touch the product
    Well what you wrote makes no sense, so I really want to see these arguments that are even less persuasive than that blurb of text. Call it intellectual curiosity.
    Struggling to understand how you can miss interpret my post, anyhow: Back in the mid 90s market research pointed to e-commerce being a bone starter as customers wanted to touch the product before purchasing, fast forward 20 years and it’s commonplace. Overcoming this physical barrier seems much more complicated than steadying the variance in BTC’s price or improving payment cost or times.
    So that argument was not persuasive, and you have yet to see an argument which is as persuasive as that argument which w
    as not persuasive at all? Makes perfect sense!

What’s your problem?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Just your post bro. I even bolded it and underlined it.
  • If a Bitcoin is worth £8k currently, how do you spend it?
  • Some people at some point said that e-commerce wouldn't be enormous.

Mind you a load of other people thought it would be. Millions even invested billions into it.

Is there some sort of lesson there? I don't know.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    By exchanging fractions of it for whatever you're buying, but the price fluctuates so often good luck figuring out what the value is of the bitcoin you're spending.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You can spend fractions of bitcoins.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I just looked this up, a Bone X is currently worth 0.05 bitcoins.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    *prices correct at time of pressing ‘Post Comment’
  • legaldinho wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    I still haven’t heard one argument against blockchain & crypto that is as persuasive as customers won’t buy stuff online cause they won’t be able to touch the product
    Well what you wrote makes no sense, so I really want to see these arguments that are even less persuasive than that blurb of text. Call it intellectual curiosity.
    Struggling to understand how you can miss interpret my post, anyhow: Back in the mid 90s market research pointed to e-commerce being a bone starter as customers wanted to touch the product before purchasing, fast forward 20 years and it’s commonplace. Overcoming this physical barrier seems much more complicated than steadying the variance in BTC’s price or improving payment cost or times.
    So that argument was not persuasive, and you have yet to see an argument which is as persuasive as that argument which was not
     persuasive at all? Makes perfect sense!

The original argument was extremely persuasive and as a result many leading retailers ignored e-commerce from their business strategies allowing disrupters (e.g. amazon, ASOS etc) to capture market share from established high street retailers to the extent many have never fully recovered (see M&S continued struggle in generating revenue from their digital channels).

this argument against e-com was persuasive but was overcome; imo arguments against crypto are less persuasive and therefore I expect them to be meet.

• legaldinho wrote:
    Just your post bro. I even bolded it and underlined it.
    I don’t understand why it’s that important to you

• By exchanging fractions of it for whatever you're buying, but the price fluctuates so often good luck figuring out what the value is of the bitcoin you're spending.

Ah right. That makes sense. I wonder how people set bitcoin prices. Just for whatever its with at the exchange rate at that time?
  • legaldinho wrote:

I just don't like zero effort posting unless it's
    (a) funny or (b) at the very least, not making a serious point.

You seemed to try to make a super serious, wise point. It was a hilarious fail. I guess that makes it funny. Omg I broke my own damn rule!
  • Given how impactful things like meltdown/spectre/stuxnet etc can be, I really can't figure that a currency that only grounds out in crypto or some other technological basis will have staying power.
    No doubt there's lots of interested parties taking runs it now though, so will be interesting to see how it plays out. I just hope they hurry the fuck up about it, GPU prices are ridiculous right now.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don't think I understand any of that post aside from you wanting a cheaper graphics card.
  • He's saying he hates freedom
  • But he liked the latest James Bond.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    I just don't like zero effort posting unless it's (a) funny or (b) at the very least, not making a serious point. You seemed to try to make a super serious, wise point. It was a hilarious fail. I guess that makes it funny. Omg I broke my own damn rule!
    You may wish to reacquaint yourself with the one B&B rule

• I still haven’t heard one argument against blockchain & crypto that is as persuasive as customers won’t buy stuff online cause they won’t be able to touch the product
    So that argument was not persuasive, and you have yet to see an argument which is as persuasive as that argument which was not  persuasive at all? Makes perfect sense!
    The original argument was extremely persuasive and as a result many leading retailers ignored e-commerce from their business strategies allowing disrupters (e.g. amazon, ASOS etc) to capture market share from established high street retailers to the extent many have never fully recovered (see M&S continued struggle in generating revenue from their digital channels).  this argument against e-com was persuasive but was overcome; imo arguments against crypto are less persuasive and therefore I expect them to be meet.

I didn't understand what you were saying until this explanation. When you said persuasive i thought you meant correct for some reason. It's a good point. 

This thread seems to go round in circles. People talk about something great about blockchain. Somebody appears to respond to that deriding the speculation of buying crypto as an 'investment' even though that's not related to blockchain itself. Everybody seems to agree. Repeat.
  • If a Bitcoin is worth £8k currently, how do you spend it?

You convert it back to a fiat currency i.e. pounds and transfer it back to your bank account. Anything under £11,300 is exempt from capital gains tax
  • legaldinho wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    I just don't like zero effort posting unless it's (a) funny or (b) at the very least, not making a serious point. You seemed to try to make a super serious, wise point. It was a hilarious fail. I guess that makes it funny. Omg I broke my own damn rule!
    You may wish to reacquaint yourself with the one B&B rule[/quote]

Hahahaha. Lol.
  • The whole currency debate is a little tedious in my humble opinion. What's much more interesting is the potential uses of blockchain. Private v public blockchain. Smart contract (software code is not law at present). Decentralised applications, two early examples of these being TOR and TORRENTS. Neither use blockhain as the tech didn't exist back then but they are good examples of decentralised applications (dApps).

One thing that interests me is voting. We still use pen and paper for voting in elections etc. Blockchain is a distributed digital ledger which is immutable. In theory that means the data on the block is secure from tampering. Which in turn means we could potentially have digital voting for elections etc. If there was a gov blockchain and we could vote electronically, that could have a massive sway on the results of votes. You'd get a higher proportion of the public voting (they don't have to get to a polling station) etc.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    We could trade space camelids and call them minters.
  • What do we reckon the odds are that the nsa or some other serious bods have a zero day exploit for block chain?
  • djchump wrote:
    What do we reckon the odds are that the nsa or some other serious bods have a zero day exploit for block chain?

A blockchain is cryptographically hashed, using industry standard agreed cryptographic protocols. Also if you try to modify a block in a chain, it will become invalid and get flagged up very quickly due to the decentralised nature of the tech. Every node has a copy of every block in the chain.

• Re voting. I don't want my voting record to be public thanks. Is there a way around that?
  • @dino
    /shrug
    So what do you think the odds are?
    Sounds slim to me, but stranger things have happened.
    Also sounds like that kind of obsessive, distributed book keeping isn’t going to scale to widespread usage the likes of MasterCard etc.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    When you say a backdoor into blockchain, what exactly do you mean? If you mean a way to affect the blockchain ledger, then from my understanding it’s extrememly difficult as you have to affect more than 50% of the potentially millions of individual ledgers at once for this to work.

As for scaling, as the computing power is distributed and everyone with a computer who wants to have a chance at earning a bit of money can join simply by downloading and running some software, scalability is baked into the system.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!