Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I haven't even found anywhere to spend the stuff you collect, aside from the
    Spoiler:

I assume I'm being blind.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Get back to your meal.
  • Predictably after writing a long 'it's not that hard' post this morning, I've struggled with this more today. I've sort of managed to muddle through quite a way, but it's been pretty clear I don't really understand the combat properly, and now I'm not getting away with it as much. I'm often not sure whether I'm supposed to be parrying, blocking, jumping or dodging, and just when I think I've sussed something out I seem to get punished for doing the same thing the next time. Or it may be that I'm just too slow. But I don't know.

I've decided to go back to the early stages and practice again. But even there I can't consistently take down basic enemies without getting hit. I feel like I need someone to sit down with me for half an hour and tell me exactly what I'm doing wrong.
  • To get by with this you have to learn a shitload of enemy-specific tells, and I'm not yet convinced my growing arsenal of tools is that useful compared to that knowledge. Seems more like a mask of flexibility than actually accommodating broad styles of play. MGS this ain't.

At least the parry window is pretty generous.
  • I got given this as a belated birthday present today, and I’m not sure what I think of it. I suspect I’m just too old and slow...  I’m actually havin a great time just mucking about fighting regular enemies, but even the mini-bosses are a bit much for me.
    Spoiler:
    If I felt like a had a good grasp of what I’m doing wrong I wouldn’t mind, but I don’t really. (Sigh)
  • Ha I’m fighting one of them fat bastards (there’s a lot of them) and I keep doing all this rote banal crap by beating his surrounding mobs, dying and then having to do all the rote banal crap again. There’s something to be said about how this l game ((and bloodborne) instigates tension and emotion through spacing out the time between your resurrections and the bit you actually want to do. Sometimes it’s fun because you’re stress ratchet goes up and up and up as you have to beat every enemy up to a point (realistically) but the moment the majority of a portion is a test of patience to deal with now trivial challenges the game becomes kind of ass.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Spoiler:

There is a guy in
    Spoiler:
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Mikemsp wrote:
    Well that was unexpected..
    Spoiler:

Wasn’t expecting that!

That's where I'm at, but the
    Spoiler:

Aye, been there.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Ugh you're tearing me apart thread
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • OK, getting better. Maybe.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Will stop moaning until I inevitably get stuck again...  Back to enjoying murdering hapless foot soldiers.
  • There’s a bit
    Spoiler:

I also liked the foreshadowing
    Spoiler:

I’m not too far into this but it’s awesome so far, really encouraging you to improve your skills, something I think the souls games for the most part allowed you to get around via cheesing or summoning.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • I just spent over two hours trying and finally managing to beat a miniboss. My head is now full of incredibly specific attack patterns that I'll never need again, humph.
  • Pray for a boss rush.

• I had to lol at the grubby dadbod bandits in the night castle.
  • This thread is saving me money. Looks great but I know its not for me.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    This thread is saving me money. Looks great but I know its not for me.
    Yep.
  • I haven't bought this yet for my ps4. If anyone with a copy on ps4 decides it's not for them, let me know and I will buy it off you (mates rates of course ;) )
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    Yep.

Yup

• I can now agree whilst doing the
    Spoiler:
    ,bow men are cunts.
  • I could really use some co-op during this game. Some of these fucking mobs need a good coordinated flanking.
  • I’ve noticed several groups of enemies where flanking is impossible, or seems to be. Have to give it to From, the enemy placement is almost puzzle-like at times. My efforts usually all go to shit though because I missed a flaming archer on the roof and get a gobful of fire followed by a good ganking.

• Which is fine, except when you keep needing to complete the puzzle to get back to that boss you died on for the umpteenth time. They make some effort to shortcut that, at least, but what I really want is the kind of checkpointing that means I can have a go at the guy again immediately. Hardcore platform games do this all the time now (imagine Meat Boy without this, yikes) and it's just infinitely better. Be difficult but don't waste my damn time.
  • One thing that I think is thematically great about this game is this idea that you can play a sort of guerrilla tactics rhythm. Rush, bash run. It’s quite evocative.
  • Turns out I'd completely missed one of the prosthetic attachments early on. That explains why I've been having so much trouble with some enemies.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    Yep.

Yup
    Yes.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Which is fine, except when you keep needing to complete the puzzle to get back to that boss you died on for the umpteenth time. They make some effort to shortcut that, at least, but what I really want is the kind of checkpointing that means I can have a go at the guy again immediately. Hardcore platform games do this all the time now (imagine Meat Boy without this, yikes) and it's just infinitely better. Be difficult but don't waste my damn time.
    This is the killer for me. I get so bored repeating things that I get worse the more I do it. Reasonable check pointing is pretty essential.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Three shuriken will take down a bow guy, and they can't deflect.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!