Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Well I’ve done GA the bastard, I’m shit but I beat him.
    Spoiler:
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Tempy wrote:
    the spear attachment

Ahhh. Missed that.

Muzz, will spoiler my bit. Soz.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I meant that I didn't know of that attachment! But oh well...
  • There are other attachments too! Ones that the game doesn’t even tell you about!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Current Any% WR now features literal minutes of swimming in mid-air.

Yeah its hilarious. I've spent longer watching dist master the glitches than actually playing the thing.
  • I decided to start again on this today. It's been great doing the first sections with some idea what I'm doing. And clearly I've learned a lot because I've been tearing through it for the most part. Just done horsey boy first time (although it was a close call) and the drunk in the other direction. I've only died a few times overall and have done a lot more face to face combat than last time.

Even so, it's also highlighted that I still can't time parries consistently and I still can't deal with kanji attacks unless I know that an enemy only does one type and I can be prepared for it. I can just about scrape through a lot of the time regardless, but it's why I struggle so much on the handful of bosses where you have to sustain it perfectly.
  • Got to GA. This may take some time to learn all the moves. It's an entertaining fight with all the sword clashes.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've been trying to beat him for 2 weeks. What a cunt.
  • So gone off piste and leaving the GA fight for now. Fought a ninja and the camera at the same time to take down said ninja and open up a new area. Now I've poisoned a mini boss and am on a cliff waiting for it to die. Cheesing, love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That was my method. Took half an hour.
  • Kow wrote:

Shame I can't poison GA boss.

Also this game needs a notepad or someway of putting down reminders for areas.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Don't mention that fucker.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Shame I can't poison GA boss.

Which one? I managed to poison one. Not poisoned the other.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 30 minutes? Jesus. Get the magnetic umbrella attachment and the skill that lets you do follow up attacks, bully them to death.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I do not have that attachment
  • You can get the attachment near the castle, and the upgrade isn't locked behind any items. It's very good for anything that uses guns but I believe it blocks basically any attack whatsoever.
  • It's interesting to hear a lot of people persevering with this only because it's a From game, currently sounds to me like there are some issues regarding difficulty over the normal skill based learning that's a staple from Fromsoft.
    I've heard a few folks just give up because their simply not feeling their able to learn to moves to beat a boss.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    @umbrella Never seen it.
  • I feel totally the opposite tbh. With a stable framerate via PC at least the combat is quite lenient. 

You are punished for not playing it how it is meant to be played, but there is nothing in it boss wise that you'd expect from Souls - no multiple enemy stuff, very few obscene grabs, no need to constantly worry about stamina, very little in the way of ranged attacks or attacks from behind, very little status effect stuff in boss fights, attacks that are telegraphed etc. 

It's very fair overall, but people seem to be struggling to disengage from the dodging stuff from the Souls series, you can kill most bosses by deflecting their attacks and keeping the posture high (which is admittedly helped by doing some damage here and there) but the fact you can always deflect, even if your posture damage is maxed out is totally liberating.

I still think that fact I managed to 100% it is testament to how lenient it is, as I never got close with any of the other titles.
  • Kow wrote:
    @umbrella Never seen it.

Near the old grave, you can find a merchant
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    O rite, I'll have a look there.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Woo more things I don't want to have read. But maybe the game says these too? Am I overly precious wanting specific item locations to be spoilered? Maybe I'm just getting old/grumpy...
  • Tempy wrote:
    I feel totally the opposite tbh. With a stable framerate via PC at least the combat is quite lenient. 

You are punished for not playing it how it is meant to be played, but there is nothing in it boss wise that you'd expect from Souls - no multiple enemy stuff, very few obscene grabs, no need to constantly worry about stamina, very little in the way of ranged attacks or attacks from behind, very little status effect stuff in boss fights, attacks that are telegraphed etc. 

It's very fair overall, but people seem to be struggling to disengage from the dodging stuff from the Souls series, you can kill most bosses by deflecting their attacks and keeping the posture high (which is admittedly helped by doing some damage here and there) but the fact you can always deflect, even if your posture damage is maxed out is totally liberating.

I still think that fact I managed to 100% it is testament to how lenient it is, as I never got close with any of the other titles.

From what I've heard anecdotally, the case seems to be entirely that. That it's a From game but not a souls one.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Woo more things I don't want to have read. But maybe the game says these too? Am I overly precious wanting specific item locations to be spoilered? Maybe I'm just getting old/grumpy...

Sorry, I'll try and spoiler stuff in the future. I don't think it's really worth getting to fussed about, it's not a Souls game. It's just an action game, you get to see the prosthetic stuff you haven't got via the upgrade tree anyway.

There's no great mystery to any of it, it's very up front with you about everything and the loading screens tell you all this stuff over and over again.

Acronym stuff makes things difficult too as there are bosses that share them.
  • From what I've heard anecdotally, the case seems to be entirely that. That it's a From game but not a souls one.

As important as the accessibility part of the debate around Sekiro is, the difficulty thing has been tiring from both sides. The legacy that's formed around these From Soft games is so disingenuous, and distracts from what Sekiro actually is, versus what people perceive it to be. It's closer to Revengeance and Furi than anything else.

Sort of tied up with Muzzy's upset over spoilers, which yeah I get, I am sorry, but Sekiro isn't meant to be an experiential game like Dark Souls and Bloodborne are. It doesn't want you to miss items and mechanics. There's no path to carve on your own. You're Wolf, everyone plays as Wolf. It is written.
  • The sense of discovery is still very important. It's great to find something you had no idea about which suddenly gives you a new option to play with.
  • Yeah I get that, I am not trying to brazenly spoil everything. 

Trying to do my best to keep stuff spoiler free, just didn't particularly think either of those two prosthetics were a big deal especially as they were both in the original footage I believe. Plus the game is always chucking stuff at you on the loading screens.

Anyway, my bad. There's still plenty to find.
  • Yeah! My fasted boss kill so far on first attempt as well. I think he may have been a mini boss but still 20 seconds is pretty good. (Mist Noble or something)
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Yeah! My fasted boss kill so far on first attempt as well. I think he may have been a mini boss but still 20 seconds is pretty good. (Mist Noble or something)
    A.k.a boss you just hit till he dies.

• On the subject of spoilers iv not discovered stuff earlier in the game folks have mentioned.
    Spoiler:
    I'm too stubborn to go back to get them and I wasn't enjoying it enough to either.

Bfv and nier have all my attention atm.
    Have yakuza kiwami lined up too.
    (too many better games for me to play Imo)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!