Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Elf, you need to make a choice

ooh, cryptic
  • I need to make a choice, keep this (not had a chance to play for awhile, left off at gorilla boss fight) or dump it at cex. £28 voucher or £24 cash is not bad at all. Especially since I can then pick up RDR2 for £20 used.
  • Amazing how much I missed first time round. 

Have given all 4 types of sake that I have found to all 3 NPCs that take them. Interesting dialogue! Fleshes our characters more and possibly hints at things. 

Now Divine Child has disappeared...
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'd like to try this at some point but digital is still far too expensive to jump in.
    Might try second hand
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Hylian who can you give sake to other than the old man?
  • You can give it to
    Spoiler:
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Amazing how much I missed first time round. 

Have given all 4 types of sake that I have found to all 3 NPCs that take them. Interesting dialogue! Fleshes our characters more and possibly hints at things. 

Now Divine Child has disappeared...

Have you been eavesdropping?

Also sounds like you might have missed your chance for those final 2 bosses.
  • Oh shit really? FFS

Dammit I knew I should’ve backed up my save file.

I eavesdrop whenever I see the sign. Might’ve missed one or two I guess?
  • I was confident I wasn’t missing anything ... so I played 5 more minutes just now just to check... and encountered a new boss after making a choice... will play tomorrow. :)
  • If you want to know how to get to them
    Spoiler:
  • Isshin gave me a new esoteric text too. Fuck, that’s a lot of skill points I need for everything now. Either will do NG+++ and/or grind out the skill points.
  • Tempy wrote:
    If you want to know how to get to them
    Spoiler:

Yeah just did that. I had actually forgotten about that choice until you mentioned it a while ago. I thought it might be one of those non-choices like when Kuro gives you a choice and if you choose the wrong one it goes back to the right one. (Unless there is something else that triggers the wrong decision in that and I’m missing something.)
  • I wrote this piece about Sekiro for an Australian site: https://junkee.com/sekiro-effect-get-heads/204838

Just wanted to capture something about how From's games stay with you after you've stopped playing, in a way that most other games don't.

It's almost a bit odd seeing it published now, since I came up with the idea over 2 months ago when I was in the early stages of the game, but I think it still works. Even the other night, after I'd been trying to do the final boss, I found myself mentally rehearsing parries and counterattacks.

The irony is, after I submitted the 1st draft I was asked to make it more accessible for a mainstream audience. A kind of easy mode, if you will.
  • Well that was horrible. Didn’t wanna do that. Got the bad ending. 

Gonna reload save file, do right decision. And see what else has changed. Still missing a boss trophy!
  • You’re gonna need to eavesdrop a lot for that one
  • Ah so that’s when the eavesdropping comes? Gotcha.  Will keep an eye (ear!) out.
  • Tempy, can I do other stuff and return to
    Spoiler:
    later? Was thinking of doing some FPalace before heading that way.
  • Can’t remember so I suggest doing it
  • I think you can do whatever you want at least until you beat DD.
  • Having some fun with early NG+.

First time round against Drunkard I remember sneaking up on one guard at a time then running away, before sneaking up on the Drunkard for one deathblow and then getting the NPC to help on his second phase.

This time I snuck up and used puppeteer on one of the shield guys, and the Drunkard took ages trying to deal with him. In the meantime I ran round and killed all the other guards and then faced him alone for both phases. It's the first time I've actually learned his moves properly. It's funny how slow he seems now.
  • On both NG and NG+, I just let Jizzou attack the NPC while I picked off all the goons. Then I attacked him from behind while he was killing the NPC. Means I then dealt with just one and a bit health bars by myself.

NG+ harder on some of those bosses. The slower posture recovery and the amount of posture damage they do makes it tough.
  • Jesus the last boss!
    Spoiler:
  • You can generally just deflect or avoid everything he throws at you, whilst waiting for the thrust attack which is safe to counter. What attack in particular are you using that shinobi tool for?
  • Spoiler:
  • I was following that method to begin with, but I think it's actually more hassle than it's worth. With the jumping attack particularly get used to dodging under it. It's the best opportunity to get a free hit or two in.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Spoiler:

I found the best thing to do
    Spoiler:
  • This is some Capra Demon levels of bullshit. 

In fact, this is worse! CUNT!!!

Edit: oh. That was easy. Forgot about my tools!
  • JonB wrote:
    I wrote this piece about Sekiro for an Australian site: https://junkee.com/sekiro-effect-get-heads/204838 Just wanted to capture something about how From's games stay with you after you've stopped playing, in a way that most other games don't. It's almost a bit odd seeing it published now, since I came up with the idea over 2 months ago when I was in the early stages of the game, but I think it still works. Even the other night, after I'd been trying to do the final boss, I found myself mentally rehearsing parries and counterattacks. The irony is, after I submitted the 1st draft I was asked to make it more accessible for a mainstream audience. A kind of easy mode, if you will.

Write for your own country yah bloody pommy cunt. Can't keep 'em away. Drinkin' our beer, stealin' our sheilas.

Anyway, beat Geni first go this time around. First time! Wasn't even a clean fight. Not sure what I was struggling last time.
  • Write for your own country yah bloody pommy cunt. Can't keep 'em away. Drinkin' our beer, stealin' our sheilas.
    How dare you? I wouldn't touch your beer.
  • O(F) music is proper good. Proving to be a bit of a challenge too. Got the first stage down although it takes me ages. Shouldn’t be long now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!