Fallout 76
  • Oh dang, that might be an actual RPG!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    It's his schtick innit. I get why a lot of people won't like him, but he has a large audience, and he still calls it like he sees it, which in the current climate can only be a good thing.
    It can be his schtick and be popular, but he can still need an editor, much like latter years Tarantino.

And Prince r.i.p. it's a common problem.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    le sigh
    you see how you a-scum
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    le sigh
    you see how you a-scum

Get the ugly kid a plate of the red crap
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Those customer relation comments towards people are just... 'Yeah we advertised a nice suede bag but fuck it, we couldn't afford to make them so here are some tinfoil bags trololol - oh and thanks for the 200 bucks, Git gud!'

They can get ta fuck if they think all will be forgotten when they wave TES V in our faces... We should be ashamed of ourselves if it comes to that.
  • I like the point Sterling made in his video.
    The amount of in game currency they gave people isn't even enough to buy the in game version of the bag they mis-sold.
    The contempt they hold their loyal customers in is mind boggling.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Those customer relation comments towards people are just... 'Yeah we advertised a nice suede bag but fuck it, we couldn't afford to make them so here are some tinfoil bags trololol - oh and thanks for the 200 bucks, Git gud!' They can get ta fuck if they think all will be forgotten when they wave TES V in our faces... We should be ashamed of ourselves if it comes to that.

Oh, I'm sure it will.
  • Make no mistake about it, this whole shambolic release will effect future Bethesda title sales.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I don't doubt it will. I just doubt it'll affect it that much.
  • AJ wrote:
    I don't doubt it will. I just doubt it'll affect it that much.

Yeah, that is about where I am at.
  • Pretty sure Starfield is going to be their next release (they teased it at E3 ahead of TES VI ). I just can't comprehend how the 'Creation Engine' is going to survive, in Space. Interstellar travel and planet hopping? It can barely render nearby shrubbery, nevermind distant astral bodies. Their 'tech' can no longer keep up with their ambition. I can't see how they can even produce bullshots of an RPG in Space when their ancient engine is now broken beyond repair.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Is Skyrim 2 is multi player I’m out
    The Forum Herald™
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Re: their engine, as someone who deals with Tech every day their argument of 'We know how our engine works and we're used to it, so we feel it's our best option to make games quicker' is pure bollocks. You need to keep up with the times. Any developer within any industry knows this. You can't just bury your head in the sand because you are used to something and are comfortable therein. 

At this stage Bethesda are at huge risk of being left behind, they seem unwilling to learn or embrace modern game design and have been getting away with bug ridden games for years on end. 

I can' remember who it was but some YouTuber was commenting on Fallout 76 - with it basically being an asset grab from Fallout 4 and using the same engine why did't Bethesda at least try and implement some of the mods and patches the community released over the years to improve Fallout 4? 

Pure fucking laziness...
  • I think that's more of a public front message and unlikely to be the actual reason. In fact, I think calling the developers lazy is pretty unkind - they're probably working their bollocks off trying to keep the old codebase running.

It's going to be a case of convincing the management that it's worth spending the money getting a new engine (plus tools and asset pipeline) up and running. Until people stop buying the games, that's not going to happen and, from a business perspective, it makes total sense, at least in the short-term which is what a lot of business types seem to think in.

The reaction to F76 will give them pause for thought but, in the end, they're not going to pay it that much heed because it's a spin-off in a totally new space for them. Hell, Starfield might not even as it's a new IP. The only thing that's really going to affect it is if the next full-fat Elder Scrolls or Fallout doesn't sell well and that strikes me as pretty unlikely, especially considering the number of copies the various versions of Skyrim have sold.
  • I've seen that commented on in a few videos Haak, Angry Joe definitely mentioned it, but yeah. Basic bugs that modders fixed, for free in their own time, Bethesda couldnt even be arsed to take that code and impliment it.
  • It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I was listening to a Youtube vid about the canvas/nylon bag earlier.

I was shocked that people would pay $200 for a pre-order in the first place.  I also assume the pack had more than just a bag for that price.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    How can you respect disappointment anyway?

by staring it in the face and saying "you're not what I expected"
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    I was listening to a Youtube vid about the canvas/nylon bag earlier.

I was shocked that people would pay $200 for a pre-order in the first place.  I also assume the pack had more than just a bag for that price.
    Yes, you get a big plastic helmet as well.

Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fnar
  • g.man wrote:
    I was listening to a Youtube vid about the canvas/nylon bag earlier. I was shocked that people would pay $200 for a pre-order in the first place.  I also assume the pack had more than just a bag for that price.
    Yes, you get a big plastic helmet as well.

Ooh and some figures - just had a google.

At least the game is so good people will forget being ripped off.

Oh.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Apparently influencers were sent the decent bags. I lol'd a fair bit at that one.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Apparently influencers were sent the decent bags. I lol'd a fair bit at that one.

This made me laugh even more; $0.65 cost per bag
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Speedhaak wrote:

It's not even that, they were sent entirely different canvas backpacks that look even higher quality than the ones in the collectors edition that were too expensive to make!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Do need to read through this thread, have a few friends who have this and said its a train wreck of a game. buggy as hell.
  • Train wreck, cash grab, insult to fans, lazy. I feel sorry for the people who had to work on this it must have been soul destroying. I dislike Todd Howard, never liked him but I feel now he he must actually hate himself too for becoming a lieing puppet for Zenimax.

What’s the betting that the new space game still uses a tweaked version of the same engine they’ve used since oblivion?
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • It is. So is ES6.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • This whole thing is just more evidence that adding shareholders to the mix when you are doing creative stuff just doesn't work at the upper end. All these guys, just like Dice and Battlefield V, yeah they got that funding but now they're basically on a never ending treadmill of production, they end up having to put out titles every year keep the investors happy. Shit's fucked.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!