Fallout 76
  • I got about two minutes in before getting bored. Skipped ahead and it was still bad so I gave up. Reg's comment about needing an editor is spot on.
  • Page turn politeness.
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I only watch the first 10 minutes or so, and it seems he's stitching other commentators vids together and calling it his own?  The danger of these types of critiques is that Bethesda apologists are using them to defend the company from this 'wave of hate' that they are being subjected to.    It's ok to be shouty and angry, but too much of it plays into the hands of Bethesda really.

The game is shit.  Let's leave it at that.  The 'cautious optimism' I stated in the OP now seems woefully (and embarrassingly) misplaced, to say the least.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I only watch the first 10 minutes or so, and it seems he's stitching other commentators vids together and calling it his own?  
    Nope. Every clip is credited to it's creator at the end.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    It's his schtick innit. I get why a lot of people won't like him, but he has a large audience, and he still calls it like he sees it, which in the current climate can only be a good thing.

It can be his schtick and be popular, but he can still need an editor, much like latter years Tarantino.
  • He mixed stuff up in the past and his core audience hated it, views dropped, so he went back to this format.
    Opinions is opinions but he has a large audience who likes how he does things.
  • I think I'll hold out for Dunkey's or the Escapist's 'review' of this.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I don't think there are any jokes to be made that haven't already. I'm done with videos about this.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    He's clearly a marmite lad and a fuckin buffoon and I think he's pandering to the YouTube lads. What isn't in contention is that this is a baaaddd game
  • Oh for sure.
    I keep looking at HUKD to see what the latest price is, not to buy, to see how bad it is flopping.

Seems to be about £30 on consoles and as low as £18 on PC.
  • GAME were still selling it full price on their shelves yesterday. But copies weren't flying off them. Big old store display too. They must be livid.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • £30 already!?! So, anyone gonna risk it?
  • Hahaha. Maybe I'll get two.

LivDiv wrote:
    Oh for sure.
    I keep looking at HUKD to see what the latest price is, not to buy, to see how bad it is flopping.

Seems to be about £30 on consoles and as low as £18 on PC.

Spotted a PS4 copy for about £25.
  • It'll be a Chalice by tea time.
  • Free to play by Easter?
  • Free to play seems inevitable.
  • I enjoyed the angry joe vid.
  • Awww yeah. It's time for MVCi Infinity Stones 2.0.

Collectors edition was supposed to come with a canvas bag to keep the helmet in according to previous and current adverts. Someone noticed their collectors edition had a shit nylon bag, emailed Bethesda and got told the bag on the adverts was a prototype and that it was too expensive to make and that Bethesda aren't planning on doing anything about it.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • BURN IT ALL!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Bethesda knew what they were doing with this.
    It's a cash grab and nothing else, probably to appease shareholders during the long gaps between tentpole releases.

They put fuck all money into it. Locked people into pre-orders with the lure of beta testing, testing that the industry has cleverly shifted from something they used to pay for to something that is now done for free by the public.

They gave it a high RRP and a special edition likely knowing it would plummet after release.
    They didnt put it on STEAM, knowing full well they wouldn't be able to control the tsunami of refunds.

The worst thing about all this is when their next tentpole release happens it will all be forgotten. People will lap up all the same pre-order special edition bollocks. Bethesda know it, the industry knows it. Gamers are the muggiest of all audiences.
  • Trufax, I don't bother with collectors editions for anything anymore, plus the price for this one was $200 or something!

I mean it's not quite on the DMC5 £5-7k leather jacket editions scale of obscene tat for the sake of tat, but still.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I feel embarrassed every time I see those whooping and hollering crowds. "You can play in single player" Whoop, holler! What the fuck is wrong with you all?
  • Probably because there was such a hullabaloo over the rumours of it being a multiplayer title, that the confirmation of a single player mode was a relief in itself. I know I gave a little woop (at least internally) Matters not though because both modes of play ended up being shite.

@LivDiv I congratulate Bethesda in their efforts to hoodwink me into thinking this was going to be the next big thing, rather than just a blatant cash grab. I bought it, hook line and sinker. But fool me once....

Bethesda really have become a toxic brand now. I cant remember the last time a supposed AAA game was met with such universal condemnation. The legacy of Fallout76 will haunt them for years to come. I'll never preorder a Bethesda game again. And I am not alone.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    This any good then?
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I cant remember the last time a supposed AAA game was met with such universal condemnation.

Starwars Battlefront 2 and Destiny 2 spring to mind. But in their cases the cash grab that caused the outrage at least had a functional game behind it.
  • aOCltqP.png

£5 of monopoly money. In the game, that gets you a door, and a bunch of flowers.

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    So not only has Bethesda delivered an abysmal product, but they’re also treating their disgruntled customers in just the worst possible way. Good job, Bethesda, way to flush a hard-won reputation down the toilet in the space of just a few short weeks.
    Get schwifty.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    We understand and respect that *proceeds to demonstrate complete lack of either*
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    How can you respect disappointment anyway?
  • I've always felt that people hold Fallout *the IP* up in a league that it absolutely does not belong in. Back in my hmvdays, last Xmas we got box after box of Fallout (and Skyrim) branded mugs, glasses, badges and other assorted merch. The company that manufactured them also did so for Disney, HBO, Harry Potter etc. Always found that odd. Fallout isn't on HP's level, or reach, at all. Hardly any one bought the stuff.

Anyway, my point is that they've been aggressively monetising their stuff for years now and I hope they stop the crap and get back to what they were once good at.

In better news the OG creators of Fallout and Obsidian are announcing a new project at the video game awards. Should be a rpg if you believe the Internet.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    A sci fi rpg, which will be a nice change.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!