Trials Rising - February 2019
  • Any suggestions how to get the dlc to unlock on Steam? It's showing as owned when I click on the route 66 icon but I can't access it.
  • Ah man - I don't know. It just works on uplay, but I've heard people complaining that steam is hard to get sorted. 

If you click it in the game, does it tell you what you need to unlock it?

edit: in game as in the route 66 icon in the middle of the USA on the world map.
  • The dlc lets you earn XP, so this might actually help me reach level 68 for the next set of main tracks.
  • No flip contracts yet in the medium tracks. Just donkey and squid ones for me so far, which I enjoy.
  • Uphill tracks are the best. DS - if you come back and defend your time on mine you own business there might be a diamond medal in it for you (and hopefully me if I can improve my time).
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah I'll be back on that, really like the line
  • The new medium tracks have some of the best lines in the game.
  • I played the first two sets of dlc tracks, they're good.

It's a great game, shame about the ridiculous layout as voices says. On the one hand I've not been as obsessed with this as I'd planned, but I have played it for 40+hrs across both consoles. It took me over 5 months to put that kind of time into RDR2. Was a stupid idea buying two copies of this as I've had to grind twice (something that wasn't enjoyable once), but I'm still going, on and off.
  • The layout is absolutely shocking. It’s incredible how they’ve gone from something almost perfect in form - friends list and times shown immediately on tracks listed by difficulty - to this absolute shit.
  • They got it right first, second and third time. Someone with considerable influence must've got fed up with how perfect it all was.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    voices wrote:
    Uphill tracks are the best. DS - if you come back and defend your time on mine you own business there might be a diamond medal in it for you (and hopefully me if I can improve my time).

check my bottle job ending on new run

start is pish, middle is fantastic, ending is lol

reckon diamond is easy really
  • Yeah - looks worse than it probably is timewise though (0.2-0.3?). There's a lot of time in the jump that I'm trying to slide and you're getting up somehow. I think I must be consistently miss-timing that jump, so might have to watch some replays. I think the slide is probably quicker in the long run though.

Interesting how clipping the big jump at the start can be quicker than cleanly getting over it.

There's a lot of time to come off both runs, so not an "easy" diamond, but definitely obtainable. Check out Balloons of Bagan for an easy diamond.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You have to hit that jump nigh on perfect to clear it, most of the time I end up sliding it or forcing my way over. When you do nail it its a very good timesaver though, knocked off .4 on my previous run.
  • I mean you almost clear it with no slide. That jump is the key I think, plus a decent rest of run.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just absolutely bottled a .8 lead on the second to last jump, eased off the gas too much and finished .5 ahead. Smh
  • Ah man - I wanted to post 2 videos. I missed the diamond time by 0.004 seconds due to an ending cock up. I can't post it as it's saying it's a duplicate video, so something has gone wrong there.

This is the run I put in a few minutes afterwards. It's much less tidy, but I hit the ending quite well (get my front wheel over well on the second to last transition) and it ended up a fraction faster despite being well behind up to that point.

Edit: Nope.... this is the failure.... wtf...?

• This is the success. Boom.
  • Just absolutely bottled a .8 lead on the second to last jump, eased off the gas too much and finished .5 ahead. Smh

I know the feeling. Sometimes when you’re too far in the green the heart rate goes up and fingers get a bit spaz. Luckily I haven’t been that far ahead, though I did hit a very good start once that I haven’t got close to (without using the flip method which is way less consistent for me.

It’s weird. Looking at the replays it’s hard to see why some runs are fast. It looks so messy!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nicely done lad!
  • I’ve run
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Cheers. I think I might have played this more than I played Evo now. DS/Dubs/anyone - did you play the Evo DLCs? I'm not sure why I never did....

At some point I'm going to have to fire up Green Belt and see how much I enjoy knackering my thumbs and controller. The ninjas are not as moreish as speed running the less technical tracks, but I'm not sure if it's just being lazy and staying in my comfort zone. I don't feel like I'm getting much better by just speed running.

DS - make sure you let me know if you put in new times on the tracks so I can watch your runs. The game notifications of new times seem intermittent and I'm interested in seeing all your new ones.
  • I played the Evo dlc but I couldn't tell you much about it.  Pretty sure I grabbed everything available for that one, at least for the first 18 months or so.  I haven't even looked at the user generated stuff in this one yet.
  • Some are good, but I think track central works better for the harder tracks where just clearing them is an achievement. I’ve done a couple of ninjas and dabbled a bit, but 99.99% of the time I’ve played is developer tracks and other stuff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll let ya know if I set times mate. Got too many games on the go at the mo so just hit it in random spurts. Metro and Division 2 are bae
  • Managed to platinum the new extremes last night - warehouse hd is excellent, with the ending being a horrible sticking point. For some reason I kept bottling it, despite having it down pretty well if I got there with faults already.

Looking through everything fresh last night I worked out that I have two stadium medals to convert to platinum. This would be super easy, except I had to beat number 1,2 and 3 in the world to post a time. All 3 were cheaters with impossible times so I just gave up. I'll try doing the offline method.

It's more than 2 months since release and they still haven't fixed the 4 person stadium finals. Shocking.

Edit: Should add that I did the 2 new extremes on the Mantis as a point of pride. The helium feels too much like cheating.
  • These extremes are tough! I used to be able to fudge my way through one or two but I can barely make it over the first obstacles on these ones.

I should probably go back and get more medals on the earlier tracks anyway.
  • Some of the first obstacles in these tracks are deceptively hard. Which ones in particular are you having a problem with? I have a method for some of them so I might be able to add some insight.

The very first obstacle on Inferno 5 is one of the hardest obstacles on the helium.
  • Trials Evolution now backwards compatible on Xbox One.
  • That's the one I was waiting for, great news.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!